Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Early / Mid /Late Eras - How Do We Define?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 16, 2013 01:29

Essentially it's been 1 year or so as a full on cover band and then 50 years of the stones functioning as a band to help arrange, play and record Jagger & Richards songs.

grinning smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 16, 2013 01:45

Early / Mid /Late Eras - How Do We Define?

50 years of great music ----------with up's and downs...........in record counting most were up.........in years counting most were down ( they released 5 new studio records since 1983 (that's 5 records in 30 years))

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 16, 2013 03:17

I thi
nk

I think they did their best stuff during the Charlie Watts years.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 16, 2013 12:09

His Majesty
Essentially it's been 1 year or so as a full on cover band and then 50 years of the stones functioning as a band to help arrange, play and record Jagger & Richards songs.

grinning smiley

they're returning to their roots - their first years were as a cover band as well :-)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 16, 2013 12:36

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 16, 2013 12:41

Rockman

you found stonestod?

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 16, 2013 13:01

sonomastone
Rockman

you found stonestod?

Is he "witching" for material???? Genius, best idea ever!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 16, 2013 13:24

^ Best twiglets ever!

Date: July 16, 2013 13:28

sonomastone
His Majesty

grinning smiley

they're returning to their roots - their first years were as a cover band as well :-)

They had more new, self-composed songs on the 2013-tour than on their 63/64-tours winking smiley

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 16, 2013 19:41

ive asked this question before about how we break up the years.

ive always wondered myself what era to put each year in.

i disagree with the 3 way split of 17 years because effectively the goalposts would move as time moves, so in 3 years time we would be talking about 3 sets of 18 years, thus moving the first set on a year.

i would split each era as such.

1962-67. the brian jones era, the early era,the experimantal era, when the live setlist was relevant.

that era could be broken up into various components as the band seemed to redefine themselves every 18 months or so.

next its the 1968-74 era, the mick taylor years, the setlists being almost the same every night for a particular tour, the classic mid 60,s period of the band being ignored, but the band at the peak when it came to live performances.

next 1976-86 not quite the silver or golden era but great all the same, the early ronnie wood years, still touring and making decent albums and some great records.

next is what a lot of folk call the vegas era, or the stones tribute band era

1989-present. not a lot in the way of new material, around 100 songs, but only fit onto 4 albums, they could have put the same amount of songs on 10 albums and beefed it up with cover versions. different sort of tours, old songs and previously never played songs revived, setlists mainly the reason they are classed as being thier own tribute band but still great to have them around touring and making records.

long may it continue.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home