Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Between the Buttons
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: April 7, 2005 20:32

I think, its very underrated. I remember---many Stones-friends were dissapointed after the Great "Aftermath. I like it very much. Miss Amanda jones---Connection---and most of the others--Except"please go home".
whats your opinion?

Re: Between the Buttons
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 7, 2005 20:38

Love this one! Yesterday's Papers is the only dud for me. Mick is at his snobbish best.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 7, 2005 20:39

I think it is a good album but not one of my favorites. A little too poppy and goofy for me. But that doesn't mean there are not some great songs on it. I love She Smiled Sweetly, Complicated among others. Seems like the band wasn't really sure how to sound or is in sort of a transition period of truly finding themselves...

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 7, 2005 20:45

i think its one of their best.... brian jones made this a great album.. it was never a real stones album in a sense...it was more to compete with the beatles, kinks, who,cream, etc...
i got the sony remaster and the sound is great.. jagger was also at his writing best...with yesterday's papers..such a clever song..keith on a chuch organ on she smiled sweetly..keith's stun guitar on my obsession..the album is great just with, lets spend the night and ruby tuesday....keith's 1st lead vocals on connection, i love if he did it again for the stones tour..i even like the dylan type song, who's been sleeping here?
anyway i don't think its as good as aftermath, exile, sticky f., lit or b.b. or even the album, rolling stones now, but i think it may be next in line...

a great period album!!!!!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 7, 2005 20:52

One of their best Brian-era albums.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 7, 2005 20:57

if you're a fan of Sixites pop/rock - it doesn't get much better than this. If you're a Stones fan based on the penchant for great blues/rock, I could see where this one wouldn't float your boat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-07 21:06 by T&A.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: April 7, 2005 21:02

BTB sounds like the Beatles

Date: April 7, 2005 21:05

by 1966 everyone sounded the same....the flower power years!

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: April 7, 2005 21:08

hot stuff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> by 1966 everyone sounded the same....the flower
> power years!

Hmmm, Satanic has more of that.
Then also (67), lots of groups sounded the same, but different from '66.

Flower Power to me is linked to the psychedelics... the sound of '67.

Date: April 7, 2005 21:16

yes--- from the mod type music to a more psychedelics style of music..to a more folk/country rock style.... to when the stones put a end to it with let it bleed and the 69 tour and to start out the 70's with sticky fingers...
after that many of the old mod type bands either broke up or went down hill and couldn't more on!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 7, 2005 21:16

actually, the term flower power started earlier than '67 - although I think many people these days assume it's association to the Summer of Love.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: April 7, 2005 23:04

Well ok----But I said underrated. Many of you prefer S.F. EXile--B.B--Li.b.
i think---BTB--its the same level

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1113
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home