Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
free access to BST on Friday due to canceld Elton John concert
Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 9, 2013 16:38

might be interesting for all of us that are already in London on Friday:

(source BST facebook page / [www.bst-hydepark.com])

Elton John Cancels Hyde Park Due To IIlness But…
The Show Goes On!

Sadly Sir Elton has had to cancel his upcoming shows from the current European tour including his much anticipated show at Barclaycard presents British Summer Time, Hyde Park this coming Friday due to appendicitis. We wish him a speedy recovery.

Despite this, the show will go on with the remaining stellar line-up for free.

If you’re an existing ticket holder for Friday 12th July, you will automatically receive a full refund - the full value of your original ticket orders will be credited to the original payment method within 7 working days. And by bringing your tickets along to Barclaycard presents British Summer Time, Hyde Park on Friday 12th July only, you’ll will be given free access.

We’re also making further tickets available for Friday 12th July. If you don’t already have a ticket, all you need to do is click here: [bit.ly] and print out a ticket at home to bring with you to Hyde Park this Friday. Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis until capacity.

Artists including RAY DAVIES, the former-Kinks frontman as well as ELVIS COSTELLO, GABRIELLE APLIN and NICK LOWE will perform on The Great Oak Stage. Many more artists will play across the park on Friday in what is set to become another massive weekend for this event. See you in Hyde Park!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-09 17:49 by Stoneswolf.

Re: free acess to BST on Friday due to canceld Elton John concert
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 9, 2013 17:03

Ray Davies, Elvis Costello and Nick Lowe in a free show at Hyde Park sounds pretty good to me.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 9, 2013 17:24

drbryant
Ray Davies, Elvis Costello and Nick Lowe in a free show at Hyde Park sounds pretty good to me.

Not a bad fix to the problem I'll have to admit .......... a full refund AND a free show for the other artists

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 9, 2013 17:26

MAN!!! Now that sounds like a P A R T Y...
For free, not a care in the world, party in the park to great music... for free!

Date: July 9, 2013 17:27

I need a jet... and a couple of million dollars.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 9, 2013 17:38

No tickets anymore?
I'm already there on friday. Seemed like a great deal.

Date: July 9, 2013 17:43

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: free access to BST on Friday due to canceld Elton John concert
Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: July 9, 2013 18:03

Again avalaibles BowieStone, at least, I´ve do it just now......

See you there.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 9, 2013 18:07

Max'sKansasCity

As soon as they're delivered would you be willing to stop in Knoxville & pick me up?

I'm not sure who Gabrielle Aplin is but I'd be willing to pay to see the other three. I know if they were playing Knoxville for free I'd be there!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: July 9, 2013 18:16

We can re-create the spirit of '69....free music in the park.....after you Ray...."Dirty Old River, must you keep rolling, tra-la tra-la"

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 9, 2013 18:17

And hide in the bushes 'til Saturday.................

Date: July 9, 2013 18:17

kaskatanas

See you there.

Yes, thanks.
This is great.

I forgive Rob Hallett the poor stones organization (well at least some of it. - No, a lot of it...I was actually also pleased with my tier 2 ticket. And I'm glad to have a tier 2 ticket for next saturday also.)

Date: July 9, 2013 18:25

Nick Lowe will perform on the big stage now.
That's where a legend like him belongs of course.

Date: July 9, 2013 18:41

BowieStone
kaskatanas

See you there.

Yes, thanks.
This is great.

I forgive Rob Hallett the poor stones organization (well at least some of it. - No, a lot of it...I was actually also pleased with my tier 2 ticket. And I'm glad to have a tier 2 ticket for next saturday also.)

I don't, the man is c**t and his organisation (AEGLIVE) is shambolic and not fit for purpose .........

Date: July 9, 2013 19:00

- Well, tier 1 and 2 turned out to be what was first promised (besides the bar & toilets), no? I was happy how it turned out to be.

- I was refunded immediately after I changed to 'will call'.

I think on the day itself, nobody could really complain. Again, except for the queues and (flushable!) toilets.

I think they made the best out of it after all the complaints they received.

We should forgive children!
Especially after a free Ray Davies - Elvis Costello - Nick Lowe concert.

Also after big concerts here in Belgium it takes you 45 minutes to get to the way out. Saturday I walked straight to the tube. That's also part of the organization.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 9, 2013 19:14

Nice gesture, hope Elton recovers quickly, I shudder to think how I would have felt if the Stones had cancelled...it's easy to take a lot things for granted...but then you can't stop and worry about everything either, hehe!

Date: July 9, 2013 19:20

mr_dja
Max'sKansasCity

As soon as they're delivered would you be willing to stop in Knoxville & pick me up?

I'm not sure who Gabrielle Aplin is but I'd be willing to pay to see the other three. I know if they were playing Knoxville for free I'd be there!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Absolutely, and maybe we should stop by Fort Knox and make a withdrawl, for some fun money, I have always wanted to do that.

And heck yeah I would like to see those acts, more than Elton John.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 9, 2013 20:26

When I first heard about the gig,thinking I would be in London area then,I was really looking forward to Ray and Elvis as 'my' headliners.
Never seen Elton live but I like some of his songs, so the whole show would have been great.

Sorry for Elton and his fans ,but a free gig to see the two mentioned and Nick Lowe,the day before The Stones last gig of the tour is a dream.
Weather is gonna be great.
Get well soon Elton,and have a great time all on IORR going to the gigs Friday and Saturday.

Wish I was there with you all. smileys with beer

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 9, 2013 20:45

Thanks for the tip. Was planning to check out the area on friday anyway. Just got myself a pair of free tickets. Even better to check it out.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: July 9, 2013 21:02

thanx i ve got 3 tickets
good advice
what will be the wetter?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 9, 2013 21:09

backofmyhand
thanx i ve got 3 tickets
good advice
what will be the wetter?

Just seen London weather on BBC and it looks like very warm to hot ,with maybe thundery showers. Only maybe at the moment. winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 9, 2013 22:00

Well, well, well.... smiling smiley

Seemingly I don't have any longer too much to worry about how to spend the Friday afternoon in London.. Never seen Ray Davies before, neither Lowe, and seeing Costello again wouldn't hurt too much either...

Funny things happen...tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: July 9, 2013 22:41

Great - thanks for the 'heads-up'
Got my T2 ticket now ans was going to have a recce on Friday afternoon anyway...
Cheers.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 9, 2013 23:20

I'm bloody furious now -

I won 2 tickets for last Sunday in one of their free draws, but they didn't email me to tell me till Saturday afternoon. I of course was at the Stones,and was unable to claim the tickets because they required photo ID, which I didn't have with me. I live too far from London to nip home and get it.

I've explained all this to them by email, and asked nicely if I could have tickets for a different day instead (no harm asking). They haven't replied. Now Elton's cancelled, I've been offline all day and had no chance to get a free ticket. Why the hell couldn't they have offered me one of those?

Date: July 10, 2013 12:06

nobodyimportant
. Now Elton's cancelled, I've been offline all day and had no chance to get a free ticket. Why the hell couldn't they have offered me one of those?

Free tickets are still available.
Just checked it for you.

Date: July 10, 2013 12:15

Doxa
Well, well, well.... smiling smiley

Seemingly I don't have any longer too much to worry about how to spend the Friday afternoon in London.. Never seen Ray Davies before, neither Lowe, and seeing Costello again wouldn't hurt too much either...

Funny things happen...tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

Ray Davies is fabulous in concert, if you like the Kinks then you'll invariably be a happy man, because he's bound to do a lot of Kinks stuff given the mixed audience. Elvis Costello I saw very recently, very good I have to say - especially as I personally am/was largely unfamiliar with most of his stuff. Nick Lowe I hear comes highly recommended, I've never seen him either. All in all, not a bad line-up for free, but a shame Elton had to pull out. I've seen him twice recently and when the show is "Elton and his band" as opposed to anything else - it's a barrage of greatest hits and it's bloody great. Shame about that, but illness is illness ........

Date: July 10, 2013 12:19

Hey Pauly.....any idea what the revised set times are?

Date: July 10, 2013 12:42

Manofwealthandtaste
Hey Pauly.....any idea what the revised set times are?

None whatsoever, in fact I'm debating even going ........ seen Ray Davies a million times and Elvis Costello I saw very recently (5th June) at the Albert Hall, & Nick Lowe - I'm quite happy to check out at a later date to be honest.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 10, 2013 13:17

Ray Davies - I´d even PAY for him!
Unfortunately coming on Saturday...

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 10, 2013 13:56

BowieStone
nobodyimportant
. Now Elton's cancelled, I've been offline all day and had no chance to get a free ticket. Why the hell couldn't they have offered me one of those?

Free tickets are still available.
Just checked it for you.

Thanks, but they said yesterday that they had reached capacity and it's come up "tickets unavailable" every time I've tried. Just tried again, nothing doing.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home