Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Pearl Jam announces tour
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 15, 2013 07:33

BluzDude
NoCode0680
Really looking forward to the show in Dallas tomorrow night. Given that it's the first show of the second leg and they've had 2 weeks rest, plus the fact they haven't played here in 10 years, it should be a good show.

Enjoy, I will expect a full report the following morning!
...Can't wait for their 2 L.A. showsdrinking smiley

It might have to be the day after that. My brother couldn't go to the Dallas show because he's coaching a game that night, but he and his wife are going up to Oklahoma City to see them Saturday night and they have a spare ticket so I'm probably going to do that. It's been 10 years so I might as well cram a second show in.

Posted by: EG1964 ()
Date: November 15, 2013 07:59

Great Tour, I saw them in Philly last month.. always liked the records, but I thought they would stink live...never went before..thought I would be bored and my buds always would say...I was crazy. WOW, was I wrong all these years...Great band live, so much more than I expected..Great energy, they totally love what they are doing...If you get a chance to see them..GO!!!Really cool show.Musically speaking..they groved, improvised, sometimes they get lost in a jam..or hit a off note, but they just go on. Reminded me of the Stones in that way..a band that can start a song bad or screw up the middle or wrong note, and then just jam and take a song to a higher level.
I totally dig that crap..They werent perfect,and didnt pretend to be,they just jammed...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 16, 2013 19:43

NoCode0680
BluzDude
NoCode0680
Really looking forward to the show in Dallas tomorrow night. Given that it's the first show of the second leg and they've had 2 weeks rest, plus the fact they haven't played here in 10 years, it should be a good show.

Enjoy, I will expect a full report the following morning!
...Can't wait for their 2 L.A. showsdrinking smiley

It might have to be the day after that. My brother couldn't go to the Dallas show because he's coaching a game that night, but he and his wife are going up to Oklahoma City to see them Saturday night and they have a spare ticket so I'm probably going to do that. It's been 10 years so I might as well cram a second show in.

Its already on DaD...looks like a nice setlist. I've seen them enough though...I think I'm happy with that decision...I'll get back to you

Pearl Jam
American Airlines Center
Dallas TX
November 15, 2013

Source: SP-CMC-08s Card elements->SP-SB1(no bass roll-off)->
Zoom H4n 16 bit 441htz >HDD>Goldwave to split the file >
traders little helper flac level 7
Taper: whotapes

Recorded from Section 218

01 Pendulum
02 Nothingman
03 Can't Keep
04 Interstellar Overdrive
05 Corduroy
06 Lightning Bolt
07 Mind Your Manners
08 Got Some
09 Brain of J
10 World Wide Suicide
11 Given to Fly
12 Sirens
13 Lukin
14 Not for You
15 Jeremy
16 Glorified G
17 Infallible
18 Unthought Known
19 Better Man
20 Encore break 1
21 Yellow Moon
22 Future Days
23 Footsteps
24 Daughter
25 Chloe Dancer
26 Crown of Thorns
27 Why Go
28 Porch
29 Encore Break 2
30 Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
31 The Real Me
32 Do the Evolution
33 Alive
34 Rockin' in the Free World
35 Indifference

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 16, 2013 19:50

NoCode0680
Well, since their last album was probably my least favorite, and I thought the Ole single was just embarrassing, I had very low expectations. I don't like it as much as Vitalogy, No Code or Yield, but it's pretty good I think. The singles don't do much for me though. As I said, I didn't like Mind Your Manners much, and Sirens was OK at times, but overall not something I'll listen to a lot. The last two songs on the album didn't do much for me either. But the other 8 out of 12 songs I've been really liking.

Edit: I will say that it is maybe a little over produced. Not in the same way Backspacer was, and it still sounds good, but maybe too busy.

I have seen some of the negative reviews from some fans over on the PJ website, but the overall opinion seems pretty high, not surprisingly though.

I thought Backspacer was really good. A lot of energy. I listen to it more than Yeild, which I like a good bit.

The new one might take a while.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 16, 2013 19:59

Wow, 2 Mother Love Bone songs in Dallas!

Date: November 16, 2013 22:18

Not a huge Pearl Jam fan, to me they are just o.k. I've seen them as a headline act a couple of times. The first time at Randall's Island in New York ('96 I think) was epic but the second time in Atlanta in '03 Vedder was on a huge political rant and it was VERY clear PJ hates the Red states. As I strongly dislike seeing overly "preachy" political bands live, I vowed never again (although I broke that and saw PJ open for the Stones in 2005 on the ABB tour). I do love the fact that PJ does a completely different set list at each concert and a while back they were one of the first to sell commercial CD's, in record stores, of each live show of an entire tour.

Date: November 17, 2013 00:15

its good to be anywhere
Not a huge Pearl Jam fan, to me they are just o.k. I've seen them as a headline act a couple of times. The first time at Randall's Island in New York ('96 I think) was epic but the second time in Atlanta in '03 Vedder was on a huge political rant and it was VERY clear PJ hates the Red states. As I strongly dislike seeing overly "preachy" political bands live, I vowed never again (although I broke that and saw PJ open for the Stones in 2005 on the ABB tour). I do love the fact that PJ does a completely different set list at each concert and a while back they were one of the first to sell commercial CD's, in record stores, of each live show of an entire tour.

Criminy...be glad you missed out on U2 in 1987...I accidentally saw 4 shows on that tour and 2 in 1986...I hated being a successful white teeange male after those shows...

I went home and cleansed myself with SRV

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 17, 2013 00:45

Munichhilton
its good to be anywhere

Criminy...be glad you missed out on U2 in 1987...I accidentally saw 4 shows on that tour and 2 in 1986...I hated being a successful white teeange male after those shows...

I haven't been to any shows where Eddie has been overtly political. With Bono it almost feels like a shtick sometimes. Ed just speaks his mind, and sometimes it is politics, but it's just as likely to be sports or joke telling. He doesn't talk politics every show. In Dallas '03 he played a little joke telling people to look underneath their chairs for an envelope that says "WMD" on it, and the winner would get to come back stage. Of course the joke was that there wasn't any WMDs. And last night he sort of touched on gun issues after Jeremy and then they went into the anti-gun song Glorified G. In 6 shows over 15 years I've only had to sit through about 3 combined minutes of political talk.

Last night's show was awesome. Glad they played Glorified G and Indifference, they were on my list of favorites that I hadn't heard live. The setlist was much more varied than the last time they were in town, which was a weird "greatest hits of the first 5 years plus some new stuff" show. American Airlines Center is a much better venue than Starplex (or whatever it's called now) and sounded a whole lot better.

Also got a cool shirt and a couple of these stickers.

The shirt has the same design as the sticker, it's based on the old Dallas Mavericks logo.

Date: November 17, 2013 03:35

NoCode0680
Munichhilton
its good to be anywhere

I haven't been to any shows where Eddie has been overtly political. With Bono it almost feels like a shtick sometimes. Ed just speaks his mind, and sometimes it is politics, but it's just as likely to be sports or joke telling. He doesn't talk politics every show. In Dallas '03 he played a little joke telling people to look underneath their chairs for an envelope that says "WMD" on it, and the winner would get to come back stage. Of course the joke was that there wasn't any WMDs. And last night he sort of touched on gun issues after Jeremy and then they went into the anti-gun song Glorified G. In 6 shows over 15 years I've only had to sit through about 3 combined minutes of political talk.

Last night's show was awesome. Glad they played Glorified G and Indifference, they were on my list of favorites that I hadn't heard live. The setlist was much more varied than the last time they were in town, which was a weird "greatest hits of the first 5 years plus some new stuff" show. American Airlines Center is a much better venue than Starplex (or whatever it's called now) and sounded a whole lot better.

Also got a cool shirt and a couple of these stickers.

The shirt has the same design as the sticker, it's based on the old Dallas Mavericks logo.

You're fantastic my man. You promised me one of those stickers so make with it.

My best PJ memories are back in San Diego when life was simple and the crowd was tiny

Date: November 17, 2013 03:36

Oh and enjoy OKC as long as you have to...then get your sorry ass back to TX...no Motel 6 for you

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home