Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's backing vocals
Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:32

When I think about my favorite Stones songs or favorite moments on stage during the last 50 years, I always seem to come back to Mick and Keith harmonizing or Keith coming in on the chorus.

Why does he do so little of that any more?

The obvious answer is "He can't sing any more" but he sounds pretty good on his 2 solo numbers and when he sang harmony on Wild Horses, Memory Motel and a couple others on this tour.

Is it stamina- he doesn't have the wind to do it on more songs?

To me, that's when the Stones most sound like the Stones and I miss that blend of vocals.

Re: Keith's backing vocals
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 8, 2013 01:25

Totally agree!

Posted by: Stonesfan22 ()
Date: July 8, 2013 01:50

I wish Keith would sing more, When I saw them in Philadelphia 1--- the stage techs take his microphone off stage after the 7th or so song.. It never returned!

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 8, 2013 06:06

For my money, best back up vocalist period. Nice counterpoint to Kicks singing.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 8, 2013 06:18

Of course, he's the best backup singer for the Stones. But Keith doesn't play guitar and sing well anymore and hasn't in decades. So when Jagger's singing, his focus is on guitar playing (and posing), and he usually leaves the backing vocals to the hired backup singers.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 8, 2013 07:15

In the two Anaheim shows I saw Keith's singing was great. Both he and Mick hit higher notes than in certain tours past (I sing and my vocal range is about the same as Mick's so I can judge pretty well). Keith's singing this year (at least in Anaheim) was a lot better than his HAPPY on the DVD of Some Girls in Texas. (Sorry to those who think the Stones have sucked since [pick your decade].)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1830
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home