Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: PU
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 6, 2005 13:21

While completing my Liddas Telecaster Custom (will be ready soon) I decided to upgrade both my strat and LPcustom: a set Kinman Woodstock plus for the strat and SD Seth Lover for the LP (never liked the hairmetal sound of the bridge pup on that one!). The kinman's came with a pre-installation kit: all I had to do is unscrew the old "pups" (that is what they sounded like) and pots, and slip in the new ones.

If any one of you owns a non-vintage strat and wants to upgrade, these are absolutely incredible!!! Not too far from Ronnie's magic tone now!

As far as the LP is concerned, the SD should (should) give a warmer "Exile" sound.

Will be up to the liddas Telecaster custom to provide K's fat late 70's sound.

C

p.s. I have to buy a new microphone for "home" recording purposes. Any suggestion (not too expensive - I don't need pro results, only a decent recording of what happens in the room!)

Re: OT: PU
Posted by: bruno ()
Date: April 6, 2005 18:21

Hi, liddas.

When I decided to upgrade my shitty Squier Tele some time ago I did install a SD Seth Lover humbucker PU on the neck and a DiMarzio Twang King on the bridge, and I'm pretty happy with the combination: a classic HB pickup and a classic Tele-sounding single coil one. Now my next step is changing the body to a good ash one...

As for my LP, I bought it second hand and it has two 70's DiMarzio PU's. Some day I'll change them to Seth Lovers too, although I'm happy with its sound already.

About microphones, I have no idea...

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Re: OT: PU
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 6, 2005 19:39

For those of you who care about such a techi subject, I changed the pickups on my Epiphone Sheriton to the Dan Armstrong PAF's (with a high output one on the bridge). I can highly recommend the pickups because they are sweet and warm but not too hot. It really transformed my guitar in the best way possible.

They are very good value for money compared to other pickups of similar quality (£40 each) and the service is freindly and helpful.

I haven't heard their single coils yet but I'm playing with the idea of getting my tele bridge pickup replaced.

CHeck out the following link...

[wdmusicproducts.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home