Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Anyone get into Dramarama?
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 28, 2013 04:33

A pretty cool band from New Jersey IIRC. Anyway, their 1991 LP Vinyl features Mick Taylor on several songs including a cover of Memo From Turner. Here is a track from the album that has a blistering Taylor solo. I just love it.

What Are We Gonna Do - Dramarama

On the credits, Mick is credited as "The Mick Taylor".

Re: OT Anyone get into Dramarama?
Date: June 28, 2013 04:37

I have all their albums. Yes I like them; it's just...I prefer when I just hear them,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-28 04:37 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: June 28, 2013 04:42

I've got Vinyl and Hi-Fi Sci-Fi. I really should listen to them more...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 28, 2013 04:54

Dramarama are featured in the Rodney Bingenheimer documentary, Mayor Of The Sunset Strip, where Chris Carter and John Easdale are interviewed (from 1:45 to 2:52) telling of how they were "discovered" by Bingenheimer and his KROQ radio show.

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: June 28, 2013 06:20

I always liked their song "70's TV"

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 28, 2013 08:05

Chris is the current host of the Sunday morning radio show "Breakfast With the Beatles on KLOS in LA.

He does a fantastic job--plays a lot of rare alternate versions and outtakes, and has had also had many excellent Beatle-related guests in for interviews.

One time when the Stones were in town, he played some Stones and Beatle records back to back, starting from the early 60's and moving forward, as a way to illustrate how the two groups influenced each other.

I had been listening for a couple of years before he mentioned that he had been in Dramarama.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: June 28, 2013 09:57

Love Dramarama and I always really liked that version of Memo from Turner. They put out a new album a few years back called Everybody Dies-not as great as Hi-Fi Sc-fi or Vinyl but not bad at all. Lead singer/songwriter has a couple of solo albums as well which are quite good. Also, there was supposed to be a retrospective documentary/live dvd release according to some You Tube clips but that doesn't seem to have come to fruition.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 28, 2013 10:37

loog droog
Chris is the current host of the Sunday morning radio show "Breakfast With the Beatles on KLOS in LA.

He does a fantastic job--plays a lot of rare alternate versions and outtakes, and has had also had many excellent Beatle-related guests in for interviews.

One time when the Stones were in town, he played some Stones and Beatle records back to back, starting from the early 60's and moving forward, as a way to illustrate how the two groups influenced each other.

I had been listening for a couple of years before he mentioned that he had been in Dramarama.

At first, Rodney Bingenheimer took Chris Carter under his wing when Carter became a DJ in LA, and then Carter took off and usurped the aging Rodney's popularity. Bingenheimer accused Carter of copying his style to make it. What was really infuriating to Rodney was that Carter took his act to another station, becoming Rodney's competition after he had become his good friend.

You might really enjoy the documentary Mayor Of The Sunset Strip in which this conflict is documented. Here's a clip from the movie where Rodney finally goes ballistic on Carter....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1372
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home