Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones Trump Card
Posted by: eric ()
Date: March 30, 2005 18:41

All this talk bout U2 is gettin boring. Yes- they probably will out sell the Stones this time out.... WHO CARES???? Someone wrote Mick went to a show to get ideas... well, how many times did U2 play Exile or Sticky Fingers or any other of the Stones classis's for ideas. U2 is a big band no question BUT they are no where near the status of the Stones... not even close. I mean, when the Stones finally do call it quits.. its the end of an era... end of the big ones from the British Invasion... U2 ummmmmm never was part of a music movement so big nor will they ever be.... yeah thier good but they are equally boring as well and the Stones even in thier dullest moments are still head over heels over U2.... Now remember... when it comes to sales of a tour the Stones have not played thier last card..yet. Here it is.... How much does anyone think the Stones will gross and how fast will they sell out shows at crazy prices just by saying and marketing thier true "LAST TOUR".... to see the end of an era.. WOW.....nobody will even care about the little boy band from Ireland... remember Stones are BIG boy music. That last tour will be the tour of all tours as far as sell-outs and money grossed.....so my point is the stones could out sell anyone anytime they want just by playing the trump card! Thats my humble opinion.....U2??? WHATEVER!

Re: The Stones Trump Card
Posted by: bruno ()
Date: March 30, 2005 18:49

If anybody who wants to say that U2 is nowhere near the Stones (and I share this opinion) starts a new thread, there's no way to avoid more new U2 threads, don't you think??

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 30, 2005 19:03

as andrew oldham said the rolling stones are more than just a band they are a way of life....u2 is just a good band. most people don't even know the full name of u2 lead singer or if their guitar player even has a full head of hair..

if the stones have a great new cd. then i think we will see the riches rock group in history sell out yet another tour! let it rock....

Posted by: eric ()
Date: March 30, 2005 19:08

The tone of the other threads were kinda like the stones have to play catch up with U2 and have to do this and that... "they don't have to do nuffin thase don't want to do baaaabe"..... and I wanted to turn the tone back to where a tone belongs (if thier is one on this subject) ... with the STONES!!!

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: March 31, 2005 16:21

U2 will not out sell the Stones. U2 does not play as many gigantic stadiums as the Stones. It comes down to supply and demand, and LICKS proved (once again) that everybody wants to see the Stones live, still.

Milo, NYC
The bands onstage and it's one of those nights

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 31, 2005 22:52

eric Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All this talk bout U2 is gettin boring. Yes- they
> probably will out sell the Stones this time
> out.... WHO CARES???? Someone wrote Mick went to a
> show to get ideas... well, how many times did U2
> play Exile or Sticky Fingers or any other of the
> Stones classis's for ideas. U2 is a big band no
> question BUT they are no where near the status of
> the Stones... not even close. I mean, when the
> Stones finally do call it quits.. its the end of
> an era... end of the big ones from the British
> Invasion... U2 ummmmmm never was part of a music
> movement so big nor will they ever be.... yeah
> thier good but they are equally boring as well and
> the Stones even in thier dullest moments are still
> head over heels over U2.... Now remember... when
> it comes to sales of a tour the Stones have not
> played thier last card..yet. Here it is.... How
> much does anyone think the Stones will gross and
> how fast will they sell out shows at crazy prices
> just by saying and marketing thier true "LAST
> TOUR".... to see the end of an era..
> WOW.....nobody will even care about the little boy
> band from Ireland... remember Stones are BIG boy
> music. That last tour will be the tour of all
> tours as far as sell-outs and money grossed.....so
> my point is the stones could out sell anyone
> anytime they want just by playing the trump card!
> Thats my humble opinion.....U2??? WHATEVER!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 31, 2005 23:01

grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2255
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home