Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones Planning Small Faces Reunion For 2015
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 27, 2013 04:20

[www.wcsx.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 04:23 by tatters.

Re: OT: Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones Planning Small Faces Reunion For 2015
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 27, 2013 04:44

I feel like that band is always planning a reunion.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 27, 2013 04:46

I know. It's especially sad and desperate in this case, as Mac and Kenney are the only living members.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 27, 2013 06:42

Mac and Kenney? It's all too beautiful....

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 27, 2013 06:58

lots of money in reunions... too bad about ronnie lane though, hard to see them putting it together without him.

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: June 27, 2013 07:39

Pathetic. When Marriott died they did too. Idiots.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 27, 2013 07:45

Spodlumt

With all due respect, when Lane and Marriott died, it doesn't necessarily mean that the music forever has to have died with them. So if they were survived by fellow band members, let the music live on through them ffs why don't you ?

I'd go see them. F**k the "original lineup" considerations, the possibilities of that died when two members died. But the music .............. THAT lives on ! hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 27, 2013 11:38

I got a dvd from the Ronnie Lane Memorial gig ,Royal Albert Hall 2004

It's great !!
And,yes..I would go to a Small Faces reunion too !!

[www.makingtime.co.uk]

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: June 27, 2013 11:45

paulywaul
Spodlumt

With all due respect, when Lane and Marriott died, it doesn't necessarily mean that the music forever has to have died with them. So if they were survived by fellow band members, let the music live on through them ffs why don't you ?

I'd go see them. F**k the , the possibilities of that died when two members died. But the music .............. THAT lives on ! hot smiley

But no Noel G......the "original lineup" considerations is sometimes important. Bands like the "new" Uriah Heep or Thin Lizzy have only little to do with the music living on.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: June 27, 2013 18:01

Good going Mac. All the Best.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 27, 2013 22:07

hmmmm yeah that seems a bit strange with Steve and Ronnie Lane both dead and gone. Mac is on tour solo and always plays a couple of small faces tunes in the set...how is this "reunion" any different than Mac solo? Just adding Kenny on drums?

Date: June 27, 2013 23:16

Marriott and Lane were the Lennon/McCartney of the Small Faces, so it's easy to see people's misgivings about a "reunion" minus the band's front line.

In a way it's like saying George and Ringo's appearance together at the Concert for Bangla Desh made that a "Beatles" show.

And yet....that was over 40 years ago. Times have changed, and some people are sadly gone. For a group like the Small Faces the best way to carry on their legacy is to perform their songs.

Mac is doing some solo shows, including a stop at McCabes in Santa Monica next month. The guy plays and sings great, and is very funny as well. He does Small Faces/Faces material, and the show is only 20 bucks!

If you live in Southern California, you really need to check this show out.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: June 27, 2013 23:19

Ian McLagan and the Bump Band are now on tour...coming to the Grammy Museum and McCabes in the L.A. area.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: June 27, 2013 23:57

Any chance the press got it wrong ? I know it never happens but.....maybe Mac said they were planning a FACES reunion and the press just screwed up and called it a Small Faces reunion...?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 28, 2013 00:43

Press didn't get it wrong. Link in the initial post includes audio of Mac talking about the Small Faces:

“Kenney and I have been talking; in two years' time it'll be the 50th anniversary of the Small Faces. We would like to tour. Kenney's thinking on a small level, but I think it could be bigger than we think. I'm gonna speak to Paul Weller and see if he might be interested in touring with us, and maybe Noel Gallagher. I don't know; they're two fans and they're two friends who love the Small Faces, and it would be nice to honor them.”

There's talk of a Faces reunion as well. - [www.classichitsandoldies.com]

@donnarq1 - Mac's currently touring with bassist Jon Notarthomas, not the full Bump Band.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 01:13

Paul Wellar's great but he can't sing like Marriot! I know he's a great fan but I just don't think that's enough.

IF they could get another singer with Marriot's power and range then I could see it.

And that's not to underestimate the brilliance of Ronnie Lane...

Date: June 28, 2013 01:47

sjs12

IF they could get another singer with Marriot's power and range then I could see it.

Lots of luck on that quest.

If that's what it takes, it'll never happen.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 28, 2013 09:35

A thing is what it is! The drummer and keyboard player without the two main writers is not Small Faces. Mick Hucknall with a couple of guys who used to be in Faces are NOT the Faces. Paul and Ringo are NOT the Beatles. Maybe they should round up Pete Best and tour. If Mac and Kenney want to go around playing those songs, great, but it's NOT that band and never can be. To call it a "reunion" is to abuse the English language.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1178
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home