Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick's Obama joke gets traction
Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 19:22

gotdablouse
hbwriter
Wonder if the fact that the mere mention of Obama's name draws boos (per a friend at the show) will make news - video...?

[twitchy.com]

In case the link stops working, that's what he said :

Mick Jagger zinger at Verizon Center: "I don't think President Obama is here tonight... But I'm sure he's listening in."

It's a clever joke.

I didn't know people were under the impression that the gvmt doesn't track phone calls and internet traffic. It's the whole thing about locking us up without allowing us representation that is troubling, to say the least.

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 19:25

FrankM
I understand people being involved in politics but never understood why people give a rats rear what politician any particular celebrity supports.

Agreed, unless they are able to express their reasoning for their support and I agree with the reasoning.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 20:33

Title5Take1
hbwriter
Wonder if the fact that the mere mention of Obama's name draws boos (per a friend at the show) will make news - video...?

[twitchy.com]

If terrorist Bill Ayers ghostwriting Obama's memoir DREAMS FROM MY FATHER was kept wilfully under the radar by the press—despite evidence by Jack Cashill and an admission by Ayers himself—this too will be kept under the radar.
You're still pumping that inane conspirary theory?

What a pathetic, paranoid, sick individual you are.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 20:37

WOW.

What a SCATHING indictment of President Obama from Mick.

He'd CLEARLY be a far-right Republican were he an American.

You chronic Obama-haters are a pitiful bunch...just looking for any excuse to vent your unhinged, frothing-at-the-mouth rage.

No one should be shocked the NSA is doing what its doing...Republicans accused liberals of being traitors for opposing the Patriot Act. Well...this is what you get.

But now that the President is a Democrat, it's a HUGE scandal.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 25, 2013 20:45

pretty funny with it being at the Verizon Center.

MJ also made a teleprompter joke at the white house blues performance, Mrs O was not amused.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:35

Best part is the attempt to portray this as hippies booing Obama.

As if the crowd at a Stones show circa 2013 essentially mirrors that of Woodstock 1969.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:42

ronkeith72
Snowden is slime who is looking for fame and forune under the guise of being a whistle blower. Trust me, that cat doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.

Snowden is a true American Hero.

I'm shocked at the lack of respect for the American Constitution being shown here in this thread.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1626
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home