Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Two scenarios for 2014
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 19, 2013 19:02

which would you prefer to see

- rolling stones continue touring arenas throughout world

- Keith solo album (with MT, Charlie, Ronnie guesting) + X-pensive Winos tour of clubs.

Re: Two scenarios for 2014
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 19, 2013 19:23

i'll take what's behind door #3, monty...

Date: June 19, 2013 19:27

StonesTod
i'll take what's behind door #3, monty...

That would be a special deluxe edition of the best performances from the 50 and counting tour with a limited edition pair of Charlie Watts signature men's socks and deluxe package limited edition printing if 6 postcards featuring Ronnie wood's artwork.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 19, 2013 19:35

As long as they are working and not sitting on their asses on Caribbean islands.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 19, 2013 19:42

I'll take c) Mick Jagger album with Ronnie and Mick T. as guests.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: June 19, 2013 19:47

They need to do what they do best. Play music in arenas for us (with 2006 prices-$450 tops with most of the first bowl $150).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 19, 2013 19:50

No MORE solo albums, please, it's like pissin' in a violin, some great songs lost forever LIVE because of that..."Take It So Hard", "Wandering Spirit", "Hate It When You Leave", "Evening Gown", etc...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 19, 2013 19:50

sonomastone

1st: The Rolling Stones continue touring arenas throughout world. They should play in Europe next spring if they played more US-shows in the autumn this year or vice versa.

2nd: Then release a new Stones album in 2014.

3rd: After that maybe the X-pensive Winos tour of clubs with Keith's solo album (with MT, Charlie, Ronnie guesting). Or something else.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 19, 2013 20:54

Irix
sonomastone

1st: The Rolling Stones continue touring arenas throughout world. They should play in Europe next spring if they played more US-shows in the autumn this year or vice versa.

2nd: Then release a new Stones album in 2014.

3rd: After that maybe the X-pensive Winos tour of clubs with Keith's solo album (with MT, Charlie, Ronnie guesting). Or something else.

Yeah, or someone else.
*cough* JAGGER *cough*

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Thedole ()
Date: June 19, 2013 21:00

Do a tour of Europe in the fall of 2013

Release a 50 & Counting album/DVD thing in time for the holidays.

Release a new album (that includes Mick Taylor on the entire album) of new material in July/August of 2014

Start a southern USA tour in September and finish up in December. Maybe do a few stadium shows too

and

announce that The Rolling Stones have decided to retire on their own terms at the end of 2014 (before one of them dies)

That would be what I want to see happen..

2015 Release another live album/DVD from the very last tour!!

Date: June 19, 2013 21:08

Thedole
Do a tour of Europe in the fall of 2013

Release a 50 & Counting album/DVD thing in time for the holidays.

Release a new album (that includes Mick Taylor on the entire album) of new material in July/August of 2014

Start a southern USA tour in September and finish up in December. Maybe do a few stadium shows too

and

announce that The Rolling Stones have decided to retire on their own terms at the end of 2014 (before one of them dies)

That would be what I want to see happen..

2015 Release another live album/DVD from the very last tour!!

well then it would be time for another greatest hits album!

Date: June 19, 2013 21:13

oh no! someone mentioned death and the rolling stones in the same post! OMG!

Date: June 19, 2013 21:16

StonesTod

brian, graham, and meredith are waiting for them. amongst others.

Date: June 19, 2013 21:18

sonomastone
StonesTod

bite your stones tongue! it'll NEVER EVER happen

Date: June 19, 2013 21:19

StonesTod
sonomastone
StonesTod

bite your stones tongue! it'll NEVER EVER happen

i just did. turns out the tongue is full of air. who would have guessed it was inflatable?

Posted by: winter ()
Date: June 19, 2013 21:24

1. ditch Don Was and get another producer (no, not the glimmer twins, either!) who can help/inspire the band to do some songcrafting with their material. That means crafted intros and endings, interesting bridges and choruses, good instrumental breaks, vocal coaching (like a director getting the appropriate flavor/mood from an actor), dynamics. ABB had almost none of those, despite much of the material having great potential. Then pare the sessions down to 40 minutes and give it the most sympathetic track ordering.

2. If they continue touring, use Taylor on the songs that require beefing up, not songs like Rambler and Satisfaction where he's not needed, and not songs like Sway which the band still can't play right.

3. In the spirit of the EOMS and SG bonus cds, have the band take shrooms and overdub to their hearts' content all over the leftover Satanic, Beggar's and LIB unfinished tracks and release a disorienting 2 cd set "Satanic Bleedin' Banquet".

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 19, 2013 23:48

1 continue touring, in the fall Europe
2 release keef solo album in december
3 cd-dvd set of the 50 counting tour in december
4 Ronnie solo tour in europe january 2014
5 new stones album march 2014
6 Deluxe Sticky fingers april 2014
7 deluxe tattoo you may 2014
8 extensive european tour June July 2014

9 Final shows at the Ziggodome Amsterdam Sept 2014

Jeroen

Date: June 19, 2013 23:50

oh nad i forgot ........10 extensive keef and the xpensive winos tour august and september europe 2014

jeroen

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: June 19, 2013 23:54

The Rolling Stones over anything....

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 19, 2013 23:55

winter
1. ditch Don Was and get another producer (no, not the glimmer twins, either!) who can help/inspire the band to do some songcrafting with their material. That means crafted intros and endings, interesting bridges and choruses, good instrumental breaks, vocal coaching (like a director getting the appropriate flavor/mood from an actor), dynamics. ABB had almost none of those, despite much of the material having great potential. Then pare the sessions down to 40 minutes and give it the most sympathetic track ordering.

2. If they continue touring, use Taylor on the songs that require beefing up, not songs like Rambler and Satisfaction where he's not needed, and not songs like Sway which the band still can't play right.

3. In the spirit of the EOMS and SG bonus cds, have the band take shrooms and overdub to their hearts' content all over the leftover Satanic, Beggar's and LIB unfinished tracks and release a disorienting 2 cd set "Satanic Bleedin' Banquet".

Yes, Yes, and Yes! Funny but I really could not possibly agree with this more.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 20, 2013 00:13

winter
1. ditch Don Was and get another producer (no, not the glimmer twins, either!) who can help/inspire the band to do some songcrafting with their material.

Not only inspire, but someone who isn't afraid to tell them when something isn't together sounding, or when a song is lacking in quality.

This would take someone who is a contemporary of theirs.

My vote is for Glyn Johns, someone who's known them since before they even made their first record.

Date: June 20, 2013 00:15

stonehearted
someone who isn't afraid to tell them when something isn't together sounding, or when a song is lacking in quality.

does anyone not see me with my hand raised here in the back of the room?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 20, 2013 00:26

StonesTod
stonehearted
someone who isn't afraid to tell them when something isn't together sounding, or when a song is lacking in quality.

does anyone not see me with my hand raised here in the back of the room?

It's impossible not to see you....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 20, 2013 00:28

13th Anniversary Tour of the release of Goddess in the Doorway, with guests Joss Stone, Bono, Lenny Kravitz, Annie Lennox. Mick Taylor, Ron Wood, Charlie Watts, Chuck Leavell and either one of the Marley Brothers.

Date: June 20, 2013 00:34

lettingitbleed
winter

Yes, Yes, and Yes! Funny but I really could not possibly agree with this more.

hot smileysmileys with beer
jeroen

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 20, 2013 02:29

Get the best motion-capture actors out there to get the body language of the 1969 Rolling Stones down pat. Then motion capture a whole Ultimate Set List, "Tongue Hitting the Right Places" concert. All of your fantasy songs that you want to see them perfom in concert come true! Then paint the 1969 Stones bit-map images onto the perfect 3D models of each member of the band. Then blast off!!! 4K HD and 12.1 sound! The smell of patchouli oil in he air!!!

We have the technology... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: June 20, 2013 02:35

I see Mick, Mick and Charlie playing theaters together, sporadically, until the sun sets. Ron will go with the Faces. Keith solo/Wino's.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 20, 2013 02:57

After the last bit of touring this year...they should continue with the outtakes and re-releasing old concert footage, films, etc.

And each member should do their own thing (Keith solo project would be great!).

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 20, 2013 03:37

rubyeveryday
I see Mick, Mick and Charlie playing theaters together, sporadically, until the sun sets. Ron will go with the Faces. Keith solo/Wino's.

Yep. That'll happen. And Paul McCartney will join Nirvana.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-20 03:37 by jazzbass.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: June 20, 2013 03:50

1 - New STONES album.
2 - Stones continue touring. Preferably mixing stadiums, arenas and theaters (one can dream), with lower prices and less warhorses in the arenas.

(No solo albums. Songs wasted, like gotdablouse said.)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home