Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Flight 505
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 18, 2013 22:10

On a layover at JFK... Have the stones ever done flight 505 live?

Re: Flight 505
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 18, 2013 22:12

no. keith talked about wanting to do it on the licks tour at the theater shows, but never did....

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 18, 2013 22:14

StonesTod
no. keith talked about wanting to do it on the licks tour at the theater shows, but never did....

Guess it's true what they say about talk being cheap....

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 18, 2013 22:15

sonomastone
StonesTod

Guess it's true what they say about talk being cheap....

woulda worked well in a theater setting, too. alas, another missed oppo...

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 18, 2013 22:33

Why do a cool old rocker like that or Miss Amanda Jones, when you can showcase Mick on ATGB, PIB, Lady J, or Ruby T.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 19, 2013 00:31

Man, I just don't think they're interested in being funky boogie woogie anymore. They seemed like they would throw in songs like this in concert for their own enjoyment. They don't seem to do anything that even appears risky. Of course you can't blame them. You saw the uproar here when they did something as harmless, and popular, as Emotional Rescue.

This just isn't the same band from the 60s. Half of them are dead or retired. They can't, or don't, swing anymore. And there are no indications they will ever swing again. They've become extremely set in their ways and probably meet resistance within the band when anybody wants to do something new. If that still happens.

I love Stu's piano on this. 'Of course I'll have a drink'.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 19, 2013 00:35

24FPS
Man, I just don't think they're interested in being funky boogie woogie anymore. They seemed like they would throw in songs like this in concert for their own enjoyment. They don't seem to do anything that even appears risky. Of course you can't blame them. You saw the uproar here when they did something as harmless, and popular, as Emotional Rescue.

This just isn't the same band from the 60s. Half of them are dead or retired. They can't, or don't, swing anymore. And there are no indications they will ever swing again. They've become extremely set in their ways and probably meet resistance within the band when anybody wants to do something new. If that still happens.

I love Stu's piano on this. 'Of course I'll have a drink'.

[www.youtube.com]

Tell that to Charlie Watts.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 19, 2013 23:15

StonesTod

Because the weather wasn't great enough to take flight

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 19, 2013 23:20

sonomastone
On a layover at JFK... Have the stones ever done flight 505 live?

That would seem quite difficult. I can't see them setting up their instruments in the terminal......although I was once stranded at Kennedy for over 50 hours...it would have been nice to have a live band to entertain us.

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: June 20, 2013 01:31

Lynyrd Skynyrd shoulda covered it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 20, 2013 01:34

...OUCH!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 20, 2013 01:37

Wow that clip has a whole Stones TV studio performance in it that I have never seen. Anybody know what it is and have a link? It looks like it's from the Jumping Jack Flash video session.

OMG is this "The Vault?"

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: June 20, 2013 01:42

Rockman
...OUCH!!!

Posted by: BJPortugal ()
Date: June 20, 2013 01:44

MileHigh
Wow that clip has a whole Stones TV studio performance in it that I have never seen. Anybody know what it is and have a link? It looks like it's from the Jumping Jack Flash video session.

OMG is this "The Vault?"

First version of JJF(not live, btw)

cool smiley

Date: June 20, 2013 02:04

Thanks for the link. Actually I know that clip well and I think it's arguably the ultimate Rolling Stones clip of all time. That clip _is_ the Stones that we idealize from our collective unconcious memory.

But... The Flight 505 video montage has *lots* of footage from somewhere else. Perhaps they are just outtakes from JJF that I have never seen or they are something else. There are lots of close-up shots with a wide angle lens, very interesting.

Posted by: BJPortugal ()
Date: June 20, 2013 02:18

MileHigh
Thanks for the link. Actually I know that clip well and I think it's arguably the ultimate Rolling Stones clip of all time. That clip _is_ the Stones that we idealize from our collective unconcious memory.

But... The Flight 505 video montage has *lots* of footage from somewhere else. Perhaps they are just outtakes from JJF that I have never seen or they are something else. There are lots of close-up shots with a wide angle lens, very interesting.

Sorry, i misunderstood.
Here he is:

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 20, 2013 02:30

great song...I would say no way they would play it, but after I Wanna Be Your Man....i suppose it is possible.

Date: June 20, 2013 02:37

Thanks. I sort of skimmed through Crossfire Hurricane and missed that. That appears to be an alternate "warpaint" take of JJF. Then they did some really decent video reprocessing and cleaning up and playing with colour and B&W to "update" the video. 1968 man!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home