Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Video: Detroit 1981
Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 12, 2013 14:53

1981-82................these were the RS i love

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 12, 2013 15:03

with sssoul
Thank you thank you ... but this is Pontiac, yes? November 30th?
(They didn't play in Detroit in 1981)
Exactly, thats my thought too because thats the JJF version they play on the video!

I want more of this!! MORE!!!

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 12, 2013 17:47

TimeIs
Fantastic!

That's it! I think the Stones should release every single concert they've ever made on CD and DVD (blu-ray preferable).

Kiel 1976? Blown bass amp, weak concert? No, thanks! And some other concerts during that tour would not be pleasant to listen to. Nothing against a huge series of concert releases by the Stones but a critical choice would be necessary.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 13, 2013 00:56

i hate the jagger costumes on this tour - but man- the regimen - the discipline - it is amazing - not even a decade after what we see in CS Blues - he is the very model of a modern major rock star

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 13, 2013 01:05

hbwriter
i hate the jagger costumes on this tour - but man- the regimen - the discipline - it is amazing - not even a decade after what we see in CS Blues - he is the very model of a modern major rock star

that's why he can do what he does now in 2013. but I would say Mick is a model of a modern perfoming artist not only rock star
and I love his clothes on that tour especially in Leeds

Posted by: guitard ()
Date: June 13, 2013 18:52

I went to the 30 Nov 81 Silverdome show with my two best friends. We started partying around 10am. Venue doors opened at 2pm. Concert was scheduled to start at 6pm. They limited the number of floor tickets to 10,000. Between the three of us and some other friends we met there - we had two floor tickets. So two people went down to the floor, and then one of them came back up to the stands with the two floor tickets, we repeated the process a few times, and one-by-one, we all got down on the floor. Around 4pm or so, I was partied out and needed to take a nap. The concert was still a couple of hours from starting, so the floor wasn't packed at all. I rolled up my jacket and made a pillow, layed down, and took a nap right there in the middle of the floor.

I was knocked out cold. At some point, I even started dreaming that it was raining out. I could hear the soft pitter patter of rain drops. Somehow or another though, I sensed something was happening ... that there was a commotion of some sort ... and I started to wake up. I opened my eyes, but I was still really groggy. After a few seconds, I realized people around me seemed to be quickly moving about. My first thought was that the show must be getting ready to start and everyone is standing up and moving forward toward the stage - and I better get up right away or I'm going to get trampled. I quickly sat up straight and then I realized that the only people moving were those in my immediate vicinity. I was sitting there trying to figure out what the hell was going on ... I looked around ... and that's when I noticed this girl a few feet behind me and off to the side. She was down on all fours ... puking her guts out ... and the puke was splattering. I looked down on my arm ... it had puke splatter on it.
And then I realized that wasn't rain I had been dreaming about ... it was puke splattering on the floor and hitting me in the arm.

Fortunately, none of it got on my clothes. All I had to do was clean it off with a paper towel and I was good. The girl eventually passed out. We layed her next to her boyfriend, who was also passed out. As it got closer to show time, one of my friends was trying hard to revive this couple so that they wouldn't get hurt when the show started. I lost track of the situation at some point and of course, eventually the show did start. At some point during the show, I got to thinking about this couple and looked back to see I could see them. There dancing and having a great time. So obviously, they recovered just fine. After the show my buddy told me that even though they didn't want to get up at first, he got them up and moving before the show.

I have bitter sweet memories of this show. My two best friends that I was with have both passed away. One was found dead on the floor of his apartment in 1996, and the other was killed in a car accident in 2005. I have a picture of the three of us just before we left to go to the Silverdome. I always liked the picture - but it's become much more meaningful to me with the untimely passing of those friends.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 13, 2013 18:59

guitard
I went to the 30 Nov 81 Silverdome show with my two best friends. We started partying around 10am. Venue doors opened at 2pm. Concert was scheduled to start at 6pm. They limited the number of floor tickets to 10,000. Between the three of us and some other friends we met there - we had two floor tickets. So two people went down to the floor, and then one of them came back up to the stands with the two floor tickets, we repeated the process a few times, and one-by-one, we all got down on the floor. Around 4pm or so, I was partied out and needed to take a nap. The concert was still a couple of hours from starting, so the floor wasn't packed at all. I rolled up my jacket and made a pillow, layed down, and took a nap right there in the middle of the floor.

I was knocked out cold. At some point, I even started dreaming that it was raining out. I could hear the soft pitter patter of rain drops. Somehow or another though, I sensed something was happening ... that there was a commotion of some sort ... and I started to wake up. I opened my eyes, but I was still really groggy. After a few seconds, I realized people around me seemed to be quickly moving about. My first thought was that the show must be getting ready to start and everyone is standing up and moving forward toward the stage - and I better get up right away or I'm going to get trampled. I quickly sat up straight and then I realized that the only people moving were those in my immediate vicinity. I was sitting there trying to figure out what the hell was going on ... I looked around ... and that's when I noticed this girl a few feet behind me and off to the side. She was down on all fours ... puking her guts out ... and the puke was splattering. I looked down on my arm ... it had puke splatter on it.
And then I realized that wasn't rain I had been dreaming about ... it was puke splattering on the floor and hitting me in the arm.

Fortunately, none of it got on my clothes. All I had to do was clean it off with a paper towel and I was good. The girl eventually passed out. We layed her next to her boyfriend, who was also passed out. As it got closer to show time, one of my friends was trying hard to revive this couple so that they wouldn't get hurt when the show started. I lost track of the situation at some point and of course, eventually the show did start. At some point during the show, I got to thinking about this couple and looked back to see I could see them. There dancing and having a great time. So obviously, they recovered just fine. After the show my buddy told me that even though they didn't want to get up at first, he got them up and moving before the show.

I have bitter sweet memories of this show. My two best friends that I was with have both passed away. One was found dead on the floor of his apartment in 1996, and the other was killed in a car accident in 2005. I have a picture of the three of us just before we left to go to the Silverdome. I always liked the picture - but it's become much more meaningful to me with the untimely passing of those friends.
i am so sorry for your friends

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: June 13, 2013 20:06

guitard

That's a great story man my dad was at that concert. May your friends rest in peace

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 13, 2013 22:47

Love this stuff! The first 25 minutes are a little shaky and isn't too interesting.
Then Bill Wyman pops up playing ping pong - - too funny!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:50

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2406
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home