Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Rolling Stones eyeing Adele for Hyde Park guest slot
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 5, 2013 13:53

Adele or Imelda May or maybe Alison Moyet would be fine with me. smoking smiley

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 5, 2013 13:58

Adele joins Rolling Stones

Rolling in the Stones ... Adele could join rockers at their July gigs

WHEN MICK JAGGER first took to the stage at Hyde Park in 1969 it looked like he was wearing a white frock.

This time round he is confident of pulling in a string of top female vocalists to fill the dress for him — including ADELE.

Other chart-topping stars lined up by Mick to appear with the band are LADY GAGA — now she is back on her feet after hip surgery — PALOMA FAITH and FLORENCE WELCH.

But a source said last night that the wheels are in motion to make Adele the big-name guest on the bill — if she can be persuaded to leave her family for the night.

The source said: “The Stones would love to get Adele on with them. It would be a massive coup, even for them, because she’s been a bit reclusive since her son Angelo James was born.

“She is the name they want to announce as their special guest — and their invite should be special enough to get her out on stage.

“At the minute it's 50/50 that she’ll do it, but Mick is quietly confident he can pull it off. They want to make the Hyde Park shows a highlight of their tour, and her appearing would make it really special.”

Mick has hinted he may dust off the billowing white frock he wore to the last Stones gig at Hyde Park 44 years ago, saying: “You never know. I can still get into it. I can still just about get into the zippers. I tend to choose my dresses at the last minute.”

But if he can bag Adele for July’s bill, he’ll have competition in the wardrobe department.

The Stones have made it a tradition to bring a female vocalist on stage during their latest tour.

Most recently, SHERYL CROW joined Mick, KEEF RICHARDS, RONNIE WOOD and CHARLIE WATTS — combined age 276 — on stage for their Chicago performance on Friday night.

The source added: “The group think female performers are a great complement for Mick ever since Florence Welch got on stage with them at London’s O2 Arena last year for Gimme Shelter.

“Gaga, Paloma and Flo would all do well in the Hyde Park shows, but Adele is the big prize this summer.”

Mick has certainly become as big a diva as Adele. He goes through a two-hour ritual before stepping on stage.

And BBC chiefs are battling to persuade the Stones to let them air more of their Glastonbury performance after Mick declared he only wants the first four songs broadcast.

Adele has come a long way from being the Tottenham teenager who loved necking White Lightning cider in the capital’s Brockwell Park.

But Hyde Park organisers will find her demands far more manageable than Mick’s these days.

She has dropped outrageous rider requests and now gets satisfaction backstage as long as there’s a kettle, lemon, honey and some biscuits.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 14:36

I would be happy with Adele on the 6th please.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 5, 2013 14:50

BowieStone
RoughJusticeOnYa
BowieStone
RoughJusticeOnYa

PLEASE not that 'Florence' again; I found her right-bl**dy AWFULL at the O² last year Nov.

I thought we all agreed that Florence was - by far - the best guest on this tour.
I'm not a fan of hers, but she was brilliant on GS.

...'all agreeing' is a bit of a stretch, here; (f.i.: I didn't get to vote... winking smiley )
but I noticed & realize that it's the general concensus here.
Which, with all due respect, doesn't mean anything to me -
from where I was sitting (nosebleeds), the experience of her guest spot was GRUESOME - my ears started bleeding as well...

To each his/her own; but I had plenty of music in my life to stand by my opinion.

And btw: why bother speculating... I think it's obvious we'll be getting Gary Clark jr. on July the 6th.
And judging by the PPV I saw after the London gigs, plus his debut album I recently obtained: that would be well deserved for him, and someting to look forward to by me/ us!

Agreed on that. Gary Clark Jr. would be nice, if they really need to have a guest.
Really enjoyed his album and his guest spot on the Stones gig.

I was sitting on an expensive seat in the O2. I had to like it all to justify the massive ticket price to the missus.

thumbs up

But Adele is okay, she is just so good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 14:53 by rollingon.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 5, 2013 15:00

paulywaul
My vote would go to this girl too ............... don't overlook Paloma Faith please Glimmers !!

I totally agree with you paulywaul; she's amazing!
See her rock with Seasick Steve:

[www.youtube.com]#!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 5, 2013 15:03

Rolling Stones camp denies Adele will join band at Hyde Park

Band's publicist says Sun story about Adele's guest appearance is not true, though singer's publicist is less definite

Guardian music
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 4 June 2013 08.12 EDT

The Rolling Stones' camp has denied Adele will join the band on stage for their London shows in Hyde Park next month. The Sun had quoted "a source" as saying: "At the minute it's 50/50 that she'll do it, but Mick is quietly confident he can pull it off." However, when asked if there was any truth in the story, the Stones' publicist offered a one-word reply: "No." Adele's publicist was less forthright, saying: "I have no comment on their story."

Nevertheless, it would be reasonable to expect special guests to be taking to the stage at Hyde Park. Throughout their current tour – and throughout their history – the Stones have invited other artists to perform with them. In recent months, Florence Welch, Mark J Blige, Sheryl Crow, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, the Black Keys, Tom Waits, Bruce Springsteen and Dave Grohl have been among the artists joining them under the lights, while in the past the likes of AC/DC and Stevie Wonder have performed with the veteran rockers.

At all the band's shows on the 50 & Counting tour this year, they've been joined by their former guitarist Mick Taylor, whose appearance for Midnight Rambler was counted as one of the highlights of their shows at the O2 in London last November. Although their set has been changing every night, there have been certain constants: the gig always opens with their 1965 hit Get Off of My Cloud and finishes with a three-song encore of You Can't Always Get What You Want, Jumping Jack Flash and (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction.

The Stones' Hyde Park shows take place on 6 and 13 July, with tickets starting from £95 plus booking fee for general admission. Among the other acts playing across four stages will be the Vaccines, the Temper Trap, Palma Violets and Tribes.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 5, 2013 15:27

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Adams
I have no idea what people see/hear in Adele and her songssmiling smiley

Pipes boys pipes...

She knocks this Dylan song out of the park:

you can't say you don't like it...ok you can, but you're lying.

hehe, nopesmiling smiley Does not do it for me... I don't know, maybe she has pipes but her singing seems so forced and over the top. Makes me feel she will lose her voice in a couple of years if she keeps on singing this way... Amy Winehouse was my cup of coffee, different feeling I guess.
Do yourselves a favor and check out this girl if you haven't already:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 15:30 by Adams.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 5, 2013 15:35

Yeah, that Jessie Ware song is good.

I also like Adeles Dylan cover, but that song has been covered to death.
Not very original.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:16

For which song? "WIld Horses" would be nice...?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:32

Rutger
Forget about Adele, Paloma Faith, Florence, and Lady G. They are probably all good in their own right.

Imelda May is the way to go. That woman has the rock 'n' roll spirit.

Doesn't she just, she is SUPERB ! But don't let us FORGET about the others, let us just ADD young Imelda to the list !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: June 5, 2013 19:04

Adele is a great choice. She can sing her butt off, smokes cigarettes and has the mouth of a Sailor on the high sea's. What more could one ask for?

CBII

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: June 5, 2013 21:34

I think the Rolling Stones should choose whoever they want for their guest artists.

I personally am not interested in Adele, but she is very popular and others may be just thrilled to see her onstage with the Stones.

Date: June 5, 2013 22:17

Adams
I have no idea what people see/hear in Adele and her songssmiling smiley How about Jessie Ware though?

I agree. People are now speaking up on the boards here that "she'd be one of the better guests," but she's not any better than Taylor Swift, who in all honesty sang "ATGB" just fine, thank you. Neither are my cup of tea even slightly. Adele writes boring songs that all sound the same. Okay, so she can sing. Songwriting though . . . well . . .

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 5, 2013 22:23

CBII
Adele is a great choice. She can sing her butt off, smokes cigarettes and has the mouth of a Sailor on the high sea's.

This is true.

She walked onto the stage at London Albert Hall being broadcast by the BBC and she looked around and said into the mic... "farking hell..."

She's great.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 6, 2013 00:26

I'd rather see old Marianne than Adele. I could care less about Adele.

I would like to see the Queen of Buckingham Palace sing on stage.

Date: June 6, 2013 09:34

sanQ

You would ? Have you been drinking/smoking ? Sober up or come down or whatever, and do it QUICKLY please, otherwise we'll have to ship you off to some institution !! winking smiley

Date: June 8, 2013 10:41

Speaking of Paloma Faith (as I did earlier in this thread) ......... saw her yesterday at the O2. She is on tour in the UK at the moment, strongly suggest you check her out. A rising star in my opinion, awesome performer ........

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 8, 2013 10:57

paulywaul
sanQ

You would ? Have you been drinking/smoking ? Sober up or come down or whatever, and do it QUICKLY please, otherwise we'll have to ship you off to some institution !! winking smiley

Maybe a duet for Sympathy could be quite interesting, especially as for the lyrics...

Date: June 8, 2013 10:57

[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 8, 2013 15:34

Thanks for the PF pictures paulywaul!
Isn't she lovely? A great voice and a very intelligent and funny girl.

Date: June 8, 2013 16:13

Dreamer
Thanks for the PF pictures paulywaul!
Isn't she lovely? A great voice and a very intelligent and funny girl.

She IS indeed, totally and utterly lovely. I'm rapidly evolving into a massive Paloma Faith fan. It was just great to see her half fill the O2 Arena yesterday. She deserves all the success she can get. She kept on making jokes about "half filling" the place, saying that she'd try to do better and when she came back next time - she'd see if she could "fill the other half" ........ !! cool smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 17, 2013 12:33

Spent a nice sunny hour watching her set at the Isle of Wight yesterday; I'm not that taken with her own songs, but there's no question that she's an impressive artist with a great voice - did an amazing cover of Etta James' I'd Rather Go Blind. I agree, pauly - she'd be a very good guest - maybe on one of the gospelly numbers like Shine a Light? Mentally, I can hear her singing I Got The Blues, too - but that's not something they are likely to do live at the moment. And if they were still having female guests on GS she'd do pretty well.

Date: June 17, 2013 12:44

Green Lady
Spent a nice sunny hour watching her set at the Isle of Wight yesterday; I'm not that taken with her own songs, but there's no question that she's an impressive artist with a great voice - did an amazing cover of Etta James' I'd Rather Go Blind. I agree, pauly - she'd be a very good guest - maybe on one of the gospelly numbers like Shine a Light? Mentally, I can hear her singing I Got The Blues, too - but that's not something they are likely to do live at the moment. And if they were still having female guests on GS she'd do pretty well.

Thank you for that comment. Yes indeed, I'd LOVE to hear her do something bluesy with the Stones, I can think of several songs on which she'd make a really interesting contribution, quite agree on Shine A Light for example, and especially I Got The Blues. The latter would be magnificent I'd imagine.

Well, here's hoping .............

Date: June 17, 2013 14:00

And this is why I'm hoping .............

Not to mention this too .........

Go girl go ............ hot smiley

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2082
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home