Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Jagger is a genius
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 4, 2013 06:31

Could be a great album, lots to choose from.

Wild Horses (with Gwen Stefani)
Little Red Rooster (with Tom Waits)
Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
It's All Over Now (with John Fogerty)
Let It Bleed (with Bonnie Raitt)
Beast Of Burden (with Katy Perry)

Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)
Champagne & Reefer (with John Mayer)
Champagne and Reefer (with Eric Clapton)
Bitch (with Dave Grohl)
Can't You Hear Me Knocking (with Mick Taylor)
It's Only Rock'n Roll (with Carrie Underwood)

Six Days On The Road (with Taj Mahal)
All Down The Line (with Sheryl Crow)

Gimme Shelter (with Mary J. Blige)
Gimme Shelter (with Florence Welch)

Gimme Shelter (with Lady Gaga)
Going Down (with Jeff Beck)
Going Down (with Gary Clark, Jr)
Honky Tonk Women (with Bill Wyman)
Who Do You Love (with Black Keys)
Tumbling Dice (with Bruce Springsteen)
You Can't Always Get What You Want (with Choir)
Respectable (with John Mayer)
As tears go by (Taylor Swift)
... and counting....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 07:33 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 4, 2013 06:35

Max'sKansasCity

Bitch (with Dave Grohl)
... and counting....

YAWN

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 4, 2013 06:41

GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity

Bitch (with Dave Grohl)
... and counting....

YAWN

what would ian stewart say?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 4, 2013 07:47

Yes, I'm sure getting the licensing from the variouus record companies will be
a piece of cake.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:07

I'm not following all of the duet clips very closely but from what I have seen so far most of them have been train wrecks. I don't see an album in that. Any hard core doctoring and editing will be blantantly obvious because the train wrecks are on YouTube.

Let's face it, Carrie Underwood or Taylor Swift or Katy Perry probably would outsell the Rolling Stones by a factor of 100 if they all released albums.

There is real evidence that "our generation" is fading into the sunset. If you have checked out the YouTube clips of some of the recent performances, some of the clips after having been up for a week might only have 150 views. That's just us crazies that are on the Rolling Stones web sites that are looking at them! If the same thing could have happened in 1981 there would have been hundreds of thousands of views or more.

1981 was the last real blast in my opinion.

I am not going to go to see them unless $85 tickets become aaialble and I don't think that's going to happen. I am okay with it! I actually am hoping that this really is the last time. On some clips there are still some high moments, and on others they seem like old men shakily trying to hold it together.

Thanks for the 50 year blast!!!!!!!!!!! 10 years of great music and entertainment and 40 years worth of hanging around waiting for something to happen!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 4, 2013 12:37

They "should", or rather could (as I have posted earlier), as an alternative, make it a traditional double album's length.

Record 1: Suitable live versions, preferably with younger guest artists, possibly gaining new strata of customers of Stones albums .

Record 2: A studio album (preferably with, but even without Mick Taylor) of new songs. A studio album that then will get listeners more open for new Rolling Stones material than traditional more and more conservative Stones fans. New material that might be played live if they were to play more live concerts later on. Featuring Mick Taylor on all new material might, however, ignite a sparkle even with some of the traditional blasé Stones fans.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 13:09

After listening to all the shit these guest artists have provided, I bet that this will be an all time low sale, if they decide to release a live album.

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 4, 2013 14:23

sonomastone
GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity

Bitch (with Dave Grohl)
... and counting....

YAWN

Then count me out........So where is the Stones section?

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: June 4, 2013 14:35

Max'sKansasCity
I bet when The Stones release their album of live songs performed with some of the currently top selling artists (the guests on this tour) that The Stones (and Jagger) will have a top selling SMASH HIT album/CD/Download on their hands.

We Stones fans may not agree with some of these choices for guests, but there is no debating that they all sell a LOT of product and the perfromances have been pretty good and we already knew the songs they are singing on are great... so add that all together with the fans of the guests and how can it not be a SMASH HIT? Jagger is a genuis.

From Taylor... to Swift.... to GA GA.... to Katy, Bonnie, Taj and the rest... talk about wide appeal... WOW!!! it just might work!

PS
What made me think this might be the plan is how all of the guests are singing on different songs, it will make for a heck of a live Stones album.

Totally disagree. If a live album of this tour is released it will not sell well, regardless of how many songs include guests. Aint happnin, bro...

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 4, 2013 14:36

once again its all about money...
greedy pigs...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 15:29

Max'sKansasCity
I bet when The Stones release their album of live songs performed with some of the currently top selling artists (the guests on this tour) that The Stones (and Jagger) will have a top selling SMASH HIT album/CD/Download on their hands.

We Stones fans may not agree with some of these choices for guests, but there is no debating that they all sell a LOT of product and the perfromances have been pretty good and we already knew the songs they are singing on are great... so add that all together with the fans of the guests and how can it not be a SMASH HIT? Jagger is a genuis.

From Taylor... to Swift.... to GA GA.... to Katy, Bonnie, Taj and the rest... talk about wide appeal... WOW!!! it just might work!

PS
What made me think this might be the plan is how all of the guests are singing on different songs, it will make for a heck of a live Stones album.

I actually posted this same thought 3 weeks ago....
IORR

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 4, 2013 15:57

sonomastone
GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity

Bitch (with Dave Grohl)
... and counting....

YAWN

Ha ha. A bit more than 'yawn'. Maybe 'What a shower of shit'.

Posted by: dhmagman ()
Date: June 4, 2013 16:00

thats all they are about now..MONEY

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 4, 2013 16:09

VoodooLounge13
Max'sKansasCity

PS

IORR

yeah, I remember the post! You both may be on to something here.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I'd like it. Oh, I'll buy it alright, on vinyl, cd, dvd, Blu-ray audio, USB Stick...I may not like it, but they'll fleece me over, under, sideways, down.

Date: June 4, 2013 16:27

VoodooLounge13
Max'sKansasCity

PS

IORR
Cheers VoodooLounge13

thumbs up I guess we will see soom, it will all unfold pretty quickly.

I like the idea of them keeping on keeping on.. maybe release this album, and then head back out for a couple more rounds of 18-20 live shows to market it... giving the grumpty dumpsters more to grump about... shake their fists about... whine about.

As far as me? I like the idea that they will keep on keeping on, thne again I dont get a boner by whining about every single thing that they do, like so many here do.

Date: June 4, 2013 16:31

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
Max'sKansasCity

PS

IORR

yeah, I remember the post! You both may be on to something here.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I'd like it. Oh, I'll buy it alright, on vinyl, cd, dvd, Blu-ray audio, USB Stick...I may not like it, but they'll fleece me over, under, sideways, down.

I, for one, was surprised how much I liked the Katy Perry version BOB. I never liked that song much, but she and Mick "Lit it up".... gave me a new perspective to the song like never before. It was great.

I have heard enough MUZAK/elevator Stones songs in my day, and that is as bad as it gets, so if they can sell a bazillion copies of duetized versions, and it gives them motivation to keep rolling then I suppose I can deal with that, even the weaker versions... good for them.

Date: June 4, 2013 23:42

I have to agree, Max, I'm not a big BoB fan, and I really detest Katy Perry, but surprisingly, I thought was pretty good, and so far, is actually one of the better ones - go figure!!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 4, 2013 23:55

Bill Wyman was a seer. He got out when it ended. Since then it's been nothing but retro. The best releases they've had since Wyman left are bonus cuts Wyman was on originally. The guest star shtick on this tour is a mixed bag at best. Hell, the best night was when Mick Taylor himself was the special guest. I originally like the idea of guests, but I didn't think it would be Carrie Underwood. That Keith puts up with this without a peep is further indication he's finally lost interest in the Stones himself. He may get the itch to get up on stage, but he doesn't have the itch to advance the group artistically, or standup to Jagger. For the most part Keith has become just another of Mick Jagger's hired hands.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 5, 2013 00:02

I really wish I could disagree with you but it does feel that way.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 5, 2013 00:49

I'm genuinely surprised to find how many Stones fans are actually closet Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwear fans, I had no idea. These must be the same folks who, back in the 70s, would say to their friends how they liked rock n roll (or rock music, as they called it back then), but who would then go back to their rooms to listen secretly to their private cache of Marie Osmond, Toni Tennille and Olivia Newton-John records.

What a shame that Jagger never capitalized on this concert special guest crap back then. Today's Taylor Swift/Rolling Stones fans must be kicking themselves at the missed opportunity. Think of the classic Rolling Stones live album that could have been--Marie Osmond duetting on Beast of Burden on the Some Girls tour, Olivia Neutron-Bomb on Dead Flowers, maybe even Debbie Boone on As Beers Pour By. That record would have put Ya Yas to shame.

Actually, I'm eagerly awaiting the next Stones tour. I hope they don't stay with the special guest format for all the remaining shows of their career. Now that they've moved beyond "Vegas", they're in danger of becoming a traveling TV variety show. They've got to get back to just doing Stones shows, before Mick Jagger becomes the Ed Sullivan of rock n roll.

Date: June 5, 2013 01:44

VoodooLounge13
I have to agree, Max, I'm not a big BoB fan, and I really detest Katy Perry, but surprisingly, I thought was pretty good, and so far, is actually one of the better ones - go figure!!

Cheers to that Voodoo Lounge13.... Yes Sir, it is what it is.

I have learned that I may not know what I like, but I know it when I see it and hear it.... and I know what I hate when I see it and hear it.... and it varies all over the place.... which is one reason I have never liked labels or people making vast generaliztions based on a tiny piece of input data.... but I suppose that is what people do... they seem to love to generalaize if this=then that... but that is not always the case.

It changes all the time.... Like I thought I had a particular type of woman I liked, wnated and was attracted to, but I keep being surprised at how often I fall for a completely different type... so who in the world knows what in the world is going on? So it is best to not be pigeon holed into anything. I surprise myself all the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 01:48 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:46

You know what else would sell? A remix of "I Can't Get No" or "Sympathy". Does it mean they should do it? NO.

Date: June 5, 2013 01:49

micwer
You know what else would sell? A remix of "I Can't Get No" or "Sympathy". Does it mean they should do it? NO.

They already did it...

Date: June 5, 2013 02:58

Max'sKansasCity
VoodooLounge13

I have learned that I may not know what I like, but I know it when I see it and hear it.... and I know what I hate when I see it and hear it.... and it varies all over the place.... which is one reason I have never liked labels or people making vast generaliztions based on a tiny piece of input data.... but I suppose that is what people do... they seem to love to generalaize if this=then that... but that is not always the case.

It changes all the time.... Like I thought I had a particular type of woman I liked, wnated and was attracted to, but I keep being surprised at how often I fall for a completely different type... so who in the world knows what in the world is going on? So it is best to not be pigeon holed into anything. I surprise myself all the time.

LOL - That's great, Max! I do seem to have a particular type of woman - there's a coworker of mine who says I love the boyish looking women: Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley, Emma Watson, Winona Ryder, etc. The petite, dark-haired, fair-skinned beauties with small body accents winking smiley Julia Roberts having been my #1 woman was a bit of an anomaly, but she'd been there since Steel Magnolias when I was barely a teenager. She was to die for. However, as time has gone on, Natalie has steadily gained on her, and finally knocked Julia from the top spot last year. I guess, in my head, I went thru a very private divorce from Julia as I instilled someone more appropriate to my 'standard!' LMAO

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: June 5, 2013 05:34

Tom waits was cool

Date: June 5, 2013 07:54

VoodooLounge13
Max'sKansasCity
VoodooLounge13

LOL - That's great, Max! I do seem to have a particular type of woman - there's a coworker of mine who says I love the boyish looking women: Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley, Emma Watson, Winona Ryder, etc. The petite, dark-haired, fair-skinned beauties with small body accents winking smiley Julia Roberts having been my #1 woman was a bit of an anomaly, but she'd been there since Steel Magnolias when I was barely a teenager. She was to die for. However, as time has gone on, Natalie has steadily gained on her, and finally knocked Julia from the top spot last year. I guess, in my head, I went thru a very private divorce from Julia as I instilled someone more appropriate to my 'standard!' LMAO

But just in case, keep an eye out... becasue maybe, just when you have it all figured out and are eyeing your perfect type, ready to fall in love with her, a Kate Upton look alike may bump into you, knock you off your feet and steal your heart away.... and you'll be left smiling and wondering and saying.... ummmmm, OK. grinning smiley

Date: June 5, 2013 08:09

Yeah Kate Upton doesn't do it for me - in fact, most blondes don't. Gwyneth Paltrow is an exception. And there's always Gwen Stefani, the pinkette. smiling smiley

The 'Guest Spot"
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 5, 2013 08:30

Every guest spot has caused ALOT of talk!! From Taj, Sheryl Crow & now Taylor Swift!..

Everybody's talking bout Swift as the guest & it the made news!....

Wow! Sounds like the guest spot IS working to me just perfectly!

Guests like this are helping The Stones be introduced to new variety of listeners. Getting press exposure for the tour. Creating a buzz at the shows.
It's getting people talking!

This tour is to promote the Stones & make money via mech, increased sales from new listeners, ticket sales, etc..etc..

It's moves like this that has kept Stones INC. rolling

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: The 'Guest Spot"
Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 09:18

Marhsall
Every guest spot has caused ALOT of talk!! From Taj, Sheryl Crow & now Taylor Swift!..

Everybody's talking bout Swift as the guest & it the made news!....

Wow! Sounds like the guest spot IS working to me just perfectly!

Guests like this are helping The Stones be introduced to new variety of listeners. Getting press exposure for the tour. Creating a buzz at the shows.
It's getting people talking!

This tour is to promote the Stones & make money via mech, increased sales from new listeners, ticket sales, etc..etc..

It's moves like this that has kept Stones INC. rolling

Well since it has worked for 50 years without guests so why do this now?
The Stones have attracted new listeners thru their entire career without getting help from guestartists at every concert.

I think it is a way to say "We don't have IT anymore so we better decend to a lower level and bring on guests that don't care about our songs and let them destroy gems like Gimmie Shelter and Wild Horses. Our fans will be delighted by this!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 16:22 by Fan Since 1964.

Re: The 'Guest Spot"
Posted by: rusty ()
Date: June 5, 2013 15:50

we all remember Billy Preston
he was also a Guest and this must be 30 years ago

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home