Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Boston 21 August 2005
Posted by: beartie ()
Date: March 14, 2005 15:35

According to the Boston Herald,The Stones are to play at the REDSOX stadium 21 and 23rd August.

Re: Boston 21 August 2005
Posted by: sir_carlos ()
Date: March 14, 2005 15:53

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 14, 2005 16:54

This is great news. I have many friends who live up in Boston and they have told me that the whole city is buzzing about this. It seems the Stones really want to play there and a venue like this would be incredible. Fenway is a very small place, I can't think of another outdoor show that they have ever done with a crowd this small.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 14, 2005 17:13

I find this rather depressing - tired as i am of outdoor shows in general i was hoping for a Fleet ctr/Garden show (or theatre)...& w/ 2 F.Park shows (120,000) I doubt they'll add an accessable indoor show.

Posted by: beartie ()
Date: March 14, 2005 17:15

Hound Dog,if you get wind of where the stones will be between the 5th and 16th September,let me know! I would love to see them in NYC especially but only have this window to get across the pond

Date: March 14, 2005 17:17

They would be lucky if they can fit 35,000 at Fenway, it only holds about that for baseball games but many of the seats would most likely be behind the stage so not sure if they would even open those seats up to the fans. Also I don't think this doesn't mean we will not get arena shows if they are starting the tour at the end of the summer.

Posted by: Bob Tamp ()
Date: March 14, 2005 17:36

My best guess is two shows at Fenway at the start of the tour with a theater show hopefully at the Orpheum. Then probably in January they will return to Boston for one indoor arena show at the Fleet. Thats my hope.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: March 14, 2005 17:37

according to my sources, the stones are going to tour again, late summer, early autumn,
the back ups are not changed, and they are working on an album as we speak

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 14, 2005 17:37

Happy to see that they will still be playing stadiums!

C

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 14, 2005 17:47

What do folks in the US think of joining the RS 'fan club' at this point as a way to hopefully get tix for any smaller shows, etc - i dont have much disposeable income (disability & shift work in human services), but missed the Orpheum in '02 (glad I went to NY for the non-TV msg, Foxholeboro, & Fleet) - worth the extra $$$?

Date: March 14, 2005 18:01

John r, not sure what to think but I really want to see them at a theater this time around and will do whatever it takes to make that happen. I can't be spending $3,000 for a ticket.

Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: March 14, 2005 18:45

Even if it just a rumour it is really full of hope for the year to come !
I am waiting so eagerly to see them again on stage.

Great great news and thanx you for sharing that with the board

Posted by: jigsawpuzzle ()
Date: March 14, 2005 19:37

World Series winners, Super Bowl winners, and now the Stones. Life must be good in Beantown.

Posted by: Bob Tamp ()
Date: March 14, 2005 19:48

Bring it on. All three Boston Tv stations are now reporting the rumor with clips of the Stones from Fleet Center, and Gillete Stadium.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: March 14, 2005 20:52

For Those who can't see the web bite:

Fenway gig for Stones?
By Jennifer Rosinski
Monday, March 14, 2005

Move over Buffett and Bruce, the Rolling Stones now want the ``Satisfaction'' of playing Fenway Park.

Mick Jagger and the crew have set their sites on the Green Monster with hopes of playing at the ballpark twice in August, the Boston Courant reports.

While a spokesman for Mayor Thomas M. Menino confirmed a hearing is scheduled for March 30 before the office of Consumer Affairs and Licensing on the now-annual summer concert at Fenway, he said he had no clue who the Red Sox had in mind to follow in Jimmy Buffett and Bruce Springsteen's footsteps.

``We do not know who the talent is,'' said Menino spokesman Seth Gitell.

Red Sox officials have acknowledged that Aug. 21 and Aug. 23 are target dates for concerts.

``We've certainly discussed the concept of having a concert at Fenway for the third straight year,'' said Charles Steinberg, the Red Sox vice president of community affairs.

Keith of course is completely straight

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home