Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick, LOVE IS STRONG and/or OUT OF CONTROL should be in the set.. please
Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: May 27, 2013 04:19

THis songs add great value to a live show...LIS is a new classic that should be played often and OOC rocks in a unique way with its quiet/loud/quiet dynamics and that powerful outro that makes 99% of the audience go " wow that rocked!" immediatly after the song ends!
I think everybody knows LIS and both have great harmonica!
thank you

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-27 04:37 by dedospegajosos.

Re: Mick, LOVE IS STRONG and/or OUT OF CONTROL should be in the set.. please
Date: May 27, 2013 05:11

dedospegajosos
THis songs add great value to a live show...LIS is a new classic that should be played often and OOC rocks in a unique way with its quiet/loud/quiet dynamics and that powerful outro that makes 99% of the audience go " wow that rocked!" immediatly after the song ends!
I think everybody knows LIS and both have great harmonica!
thank you

If they played Out Of Control and Saint Of Me on a regular basis they would become classics. They already are in my mind.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 27, 2013 06:24

Both fine choices as is Love is Strong. OOC & SOM were played frequently on prior tours.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 27, 2013 06:25

dedospegajosos
LIS is a new classic that should be played often

It is a great song, but it always dragged live on the VL tour, they just couldn't replicate it or build on it. The opening low vocal is hard to do live, as is the slow guitar groove. I suppose if they REALLY put their minds to it, it could be done. But at what cost?!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 27, 2013 06:30

OUT OF CONTROL should be in the set

Only if we get to see Mick in a cage for this song like we did for the first few shows of the No Security Tour. smiling smiley

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: May 27, 2013 09:00

Why play Love is Strong when you can play its better, meaner cousin: Wicked as It Seems? thumbs up

Date: May 28, 2013 08:02

uhbuhgullayew
OUT OF CONTROL should be in the set

Only if we get to see Mick in a cage for this song like we did for the first few shows of the No Security Tour. smiling smiley

I agree. I was there at opening night in Oakland and the energy of the place went sky-high when he busted free of that cage for the final third of the song! GREAT song.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 28, 2013 08:17

carlorossi
dedospegajosos
LIS is a new classic that should be played often

It is a great song, but it always dragged live on the VL tour, they just couldn't replicate it or build on it. The opening low vocal is hard to do live, as is the slow guitar groove. I suppose if they REALLY put their minds to it, it could be done. But at what cost?!

The cost.....MY, TD, OMS, SMU, HTW, Satisfaction..........pennies on the dollar, not that LIS, SOM or OOC is a dollar, but you get the point.

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: May 28, 2013 11:45

Saint of me and out of control are great live, were higlights of the bridges to babylon tour, specially out of control...great memories

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 28, 2013 11:55

LIS has the same problem that mixed emotions has............in live situation do not work properly. Great songs which i love but they do not reach what they have to reach in concert

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home