Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Best bootleg from this tour so far
Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 8, 2013 17:52

I have to disagree with dcba about Chicago III. Nice band's performance IMO.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 8, 2013 18:21

Don't mind him he's French >grinning smiley<

kleermaker
gotdablouse
mighty stork
The recording by Ironchef of the Chicago June 3rd show sounds great, Very clean with all instruments mixed well and very little audience. Not sure if it's out as a boot but I'm sure it will be.

Yes definitely the best sounding recording so far, it's available as a direct link in the 2012/2013 Tour Archive -> [www.iorr.org] with all the other recordings available so far and that means everything except Mogador, Echoplex, TOR/2 and TOR/2 is certainly coming soon!

Not to nitpick here, but the Chicago 3 sounds a bit compressed to my ears.

Compressed ? The original recording or the SB remaster? It's a straight .wav recording with CMC-08s->SP-SB11(no bass roll-off) into an Edirol R09HR so that's as uncompressed as it gets, but then of course you have the acoustics of the room/placement.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: June 8, 2013 19:11

dcba
Chi III displays a very tired band imo...

I was in Chicago for this one....sounded cavernous inside and also on the boot I downloaded from here

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: June 8, 2013 20:18

Chi 3 gets my vote(so far)....also..Toronto1,Anaheim1,Oakland(2nd version)& LV

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: June 9, 2013 13:25

Who listened to le Trabendo bootleg?
The sound of this bootleg is quite muffled, subdued. Only big bass drum and bass can be heard. The guitars are almost inaudible.
Anyway, it was quite an achievement to make this bootleg, because there were four or five controls before getting inside the venue. No recording material, no mobile phone and no camera were allowed inside le Trabendo. All the phones and stuff like that were confiscated and put at checkroom.
The guy who took the sound had to hide the recording material deeply under his underpants.
Thanks to the guy who succeeded to make le Trabendo bootleg.
Who knows him?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 9, 2013 13:35

Georges
The sound of this bootleg is quite muffled, subdued. Only big bass drum and bass can be heard. The guitars are almost inaudible.
Anyway, it was quite an achievement to make this bootleg, because there were four or five controls before getting inside the venue. No recording material, no mobile phone and no camera were allowed inside le Trabendo. All the phones and stuff like that were confiscated and put at checkroom.
The guy who took the sound had to hide the recording material deeply under his underpants.
Who knows him?

Yes it's quite a task, sneaking a recorder into such a place
But it's definately a very poor performance, incredible how much worse they played at Trabendo than they did a few weeks later in London. Even if taken into consideration it's just a rehearsal gig, it's really bad (IMO)

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: June 9, 2013 13:38

Erik_Snow
Georges
Who knows him?

Yes it's quite a task, sneaking a recorder into such a place
But it's definately a very poor performance, incredible how much worse they played at Trabendo than they did a few weeks later in London. Even if taken into consideration it's just a rehearsal gig, it's really bad (IMO)

Seems to be a Stones-Rehearsal-Phenomenon. The Echoplex performance this year was poor and slow as well in my opinion.

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: June 9, 2013 16:34

I mean the Stones were great at le Trabendo. The sound was really good on stage.
But, the sound take is bad on the bootleg CD. Only the bootleg itself is bad.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 9, 2013 16:48

Erik_Snow

The good side of it all is the posh people who attended the Mogador gig saw the 2nd worst Stones show of the decade.
Or "worst Stones show of the decade" if the band managed to be even poorer than at the Trabendo! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 9, 2013 17:02

Georges
I mean the Stones were great at le Trabendo. The sound was really good on stage.
But, the sound take is bad on the bootleg CD. Only the bootleg itself is bad.

Correct, I didn't exactly hear anyone complain about a shoddy performance after the show, they probably thought they'd leave that to people who are pssed off they couldn't be there...

Anyway, the story goes that the taper was all set to go (a VERY brave move as getting found would have meant getting kicked out and who would want that to happen at an ultra-rare Stones club show? I for one tape the shows I go and get nervous, but no way for this one) but his levels got messed up with all the pushing that occurred in the front rows at the beginning. Not sure how much better the sound would have been anyway because the sound was deafeningly loud in the front and that's always going to be a problem to catch on "tape".

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 16, 2013 12:01

Does anyone know how the first Boston show sounds?(June 12)

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: June 16, 2013 17:47

Maindefender
Does anyone know how the first Boston show sounds?(June 12)

It is excellent!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2189
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home