Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Free download: "50 Years On Tour"
Posted by: SebastianHass ()
Date: May 25, 2013 14:27

Special offer: “50 Years On Tour. The Story Of The Rolling Stones – Live!”, (that first of all tells the story of the band's performances, tour by tour) you can download it for free on amazon.com, amazon.uk, amazon.uk., amazon.co.jp., amzon.ca from Mai 25th until Mai 26th.
You´d do me a favour if you´d download it and give it a review! It would be perfect if you could recommend it to friends, too.

Thanks for your support and my best regards,

Sebastian

Re: Free download: "50 Years On Tour"
Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 25, 2013 14:39

Can you provide it in Epub format or PDF for those that don't have a Kindle?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 25, 2013 14:45

strettonbull

Can you provide it in Epub format or PDF for those that don't have a Kindle?

No extra Kindle device required, there are also Free Kindle Reading Apps for PC, Mac, Smartphones and Tablets available:

Links to the german and the UK Kindle store as well as Free Kindle Reading Apps.

It might be possible to convert the Kindle format to ePub or PDF (Calibre Tool ?), but I haven't done this yet.

BTW: No special offer on Amazon.de for the german Edition of this book? At least it's possible to get the english Edition for free until May 26th on Amazon.de in the Kindle store "English eBooks" smiling smiley

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 21:30 by Irix.

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 25, 2013 14:52

Thanks for the info. I'll try it on my Nexus 7.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 25, 2013 15:35

Thanks for the info, but I forgot to buy my reading tablet thingy...
and now, it also seems that I forgot to buy milk and have children. DAMN IT!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 25, 2013 15:48

Looks like really nice work, Sebastian!
Congratz -

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 25, 2013 16:44

Uploaded on my android phone. Cannot wait to read it!!!

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: May 26, 2013 08:19

Thanks Sebastian. Really very nice work

Posted by: mega ()
Date: May 26, 2013 08:57

sad smiley
Cant download as a Dutchie.......
Anyone able to send an epubfile to me?

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: May 26, 2013 13:39

Thanks - have loaded onto my kindle. Will make great holiday reading.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: May 26, 2013 14:16

Cannot be downloaded in all countries. Looks nice, but...

Date: May 26, 2013 14:20

Kirk

Downloadable and free in the UK..... which countries are you talking about?

Date: May 26, 2013 14:29

BlackHat
Kirk

Post of the century and beyond! Congratulations!

Date: May 26, 2013 14:58

Kirk
BlackHat
Kirk

Post of the century and beyond! Congratulations!

Just curious as to which country you were having difficulties. Anger management issues?

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: May 26, 2013 15:20

Thanks, just got it on my iPad but where are the pictures? Is this text only? Still looks great though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 15:35 by shadooby.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 26, 2013 15:28

Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: ryk ()
Date: May 26, 2013 16:28

Thanks a lot !

Date: May 26, 2013 18:50

Just managed to download it on PC via amazon 'I don't not where', since the message I received when I tried for the first time stated that it was not available for downloadin in a list of countries. Thank you Sebastian! I will recommend this to friends of course and post a review as well!

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: May 26, 2013 19:12

Thank you, Sebastian. I just downloaded into my Kindle Reader App and I perused a few pages...great read! I will read it and leave a great review on Amazon. Thanks again...the book looks fascinating.

"50 Years On Tour"
Posted by: SebastianHass ()
Date: May 26, 2013 20:20

First of all, I´d like to thank you for your support and your nice reviews. The idea of writing a book about the live career of the Stones came already up a few years ago, when I realized that almost no one knew something about my favorite guitar player Mick Taylor… Over the years I couldn´t find a book that summed up the whole live history of the Stones – which remains quite astonishing - ´cause the Stones are regarded by many as a live band. Then I decided to write this book – as a fan – but I wanted it to be based on facts and written in an adequate style – which was a lot of work. In late 2011 two German publishing houses were interested in publishing it but finally rejected the project – “Rolling Stones books are no best sellers”. I was really disappointed about it and finally saw the chance to publish it on my own as an eBook, went to a well known German illustrator who designed the cover – and then I couldn´t afford to add some photos – it just would have been too expensive. After its success as an eBook in Germany I could realize a dream to get it translated in English by an experienced translater. In my opinion Steve Ellery did a hell of a job.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 26, 2013 20:30

Kirk

Look, whether there is a Kindle store for "English eBooks" on your Amazon. There should be the english Edition available for free until May 26th. This has at least worked for me with the german Kindle store and should also work with e. g. the french or spanish Kindle store smiling smiley

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-26 21:15 by Irix.

Date: May 26, 2013 20:38

Sebastian, I am thinking of a translation to Greek. I know, there is maybe a small market for something like this, but who knows after all? What's the procedure?

Date: May 26, 2013 22:06

Irix
Kirk

Look, whether there is a Kindle store for "English eBooks" on your Amazon. There should be the english Edition available for free until May 26th. This has at least worked for me with the german Kindle store and should also work with e. g. the french or spanish Kindle store smiling smiley

Thanks for the info!

Re: "50 Years On Tour"
Date: May 27, 2013 09:18

SebastianHass
First of all, I´d like to thank you for your support and your nice reviews. The idea of writing a book about the live career of the Stones came already up a few years ago, when I realized that almost no one knew something about my favorite guitar player Mick Taylor… Over the years I couldn´t find a book that summed up the whole live history of the Stones – which remains quite astonishing - ´cause the Stones are regarded by many as a live band. Then I decided to write this book – as a fan – but I wanted it to be based on facts and written in an adequate style – which was a lot of work. In late 2011 two German publishing houses were interested in publishing it but finally rejected the project – “Rolling Stones books are no best sellers”. I was really disappointed about it and finally saw the chance to publish it on my own as an eBook, went to a well known German illustrator who designed the cover – and then I couldn´t afford to add some photos – it just would have been too expensive. After its success as an eBook in Germany I could realize a dream to get it translated in English by an experienced translater. In my opinion Steve Ellery did a hell of a job.

This summer I will be holidaying in Villefranche Sur Mer - literally next door to Nellcote. This will make perfect reading.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 27, 2013 09:26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home