Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Silver Train 2013 ? with Mick Taylor ?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 22, 2013 20:57

GRNRBITW
Thrylan
GRNRBITW
let's have them do the johnny winter version of it...that was the best one. kinda like when i saw the crowes the other night do the much-preferred leon russell version of jumpin jack flash - heresy, i know, but still.

it's cool to do covers of covers is what i'm sayin...

Especially if you writing is nonexistent.....Straight into the JW Highway 61

that's where i'm headed in a few weeks....the blues trail! can't wait...all those dead blooze guys have been asking about me for a couple years now...

Say hello to Robert Johnson for me, at either of his two burial sites.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 22, 2013 21:00

71Tele
GRNRBITW
Thrylan
GRNRBITW
let's have them do the johnny winter version of it...that was the best one. kinda like when i saw the crowes the other night do the much-preferred leon russell version of jumpin jack flash - heresy, i know, but still.

that's where i'm headed in a few weeks....the blues trail! can't wait...all those dead blooze guys have been asking about me for a couple years now...

there's three. i'll do an eenie-meanie-mynie-mo to figure out which one to say hello for you.

Date: May 22, 2013 21:01

GRNRBITW
71Tele
GRNRBITW
Thrylan
GRNRBITW

there's three. i'll do an eenie-meanie-mynie-mo to figure out which one to say hello for you.

Three? Rats, I missed one. Must have been befuddled at the time.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: May 22, 2013 21:11

hide your love away or I ain't signifying!

Date: May 22, 2013 21:13

71Tele
GRNRBITW
71Tele
GRNRBITW
Thrylan
GRNRBITW

do you think it's just a freak coincidence that Elmer Fudd was perhaps one of the most befuddled of all the warner brothers cartoon characters? or does the origin of the word owe to his name?

Date: May 22, 2013 21:39

GRNRBITW
71Tele
GRNRBITW
71Tele
GRNRBITW
Thrylan
GRNRBITW

do you think it's just a freak coincidence that Elmer Fudd was perhaps one of the most befuddled of all the warner brothers cartoon characters? or does the origin of the word owe to his name?

Hmm...one of them chicken-or-egg things I always struggled with. But now I'm on food again and need to be careful.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 22, 2013 22:25

GRNRBITW
Thrylan
GRNRBITW

What's wrong with the Stones version - listen especially to the last minute, great Wyman pushing bass, great Taylor guitar, great harmonica, great all of them.... it's infact an underrated song..

Date: May 22, 2013 23:10

mtaylor
GRNRBITW
Thrylan
GRNRBITW

What's wrong with the Stones version - listen especially to the last minute, great Wyman pushing bass, great Taylor guitar, great harmonica, great all of them.... it's infact an underrated song..

nothing wrong with it that johnny winter couldn't fix....

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 23, 2013 08:55

Well played........they wrote it for him.....

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 15:21

MT does tremendous versions of Winter with other acts and solo. They're almost 12 minutes in length. Would love to hear/see that live.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 23, 2013 15:34

muenke
Not bad at all, but I really would prefer 100 Years Ago too ... WahWahWahWah ...

I used to like that song a lot but I don't think it's aged that well, actually it sounds like several unfinished songs patched together (which I think it is) but I'm all for Wah-Wahs! So how about a great wahwah song...Heartbreaker!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 23, 2013 15:57

stray cat blues would be nice...
winter..but i doubt they'd play it..
100 years ago..too hard...
silver train is ok..but as mentioned too much like ADTL.

Date: May 23, 2013 15:59

gotdablouse
muenke
Not bad at all, but I really would prefer 100 Years Ago too ... WahWahWahWah ...

I used to like that song a lot but I don't think it's aged that well, actually it sounds like several unfinished songs patched together (which I think it is) but I'm all for Wah-Wahs! So how about a great wahwah song...Heartbreaker!

Isn't it only Ronnie who does Heartbreaker with a wah-wah? My memory is a bit blurred here...

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 23, 2013 16:06

DandelionPowderman
gotdablouse
muenke

Isn't it only Ronnie who does Heartbreaker with a wah-wah? My memory is a bit blurred here...

I think so. I think Keith played the wah on the studio version (as I believe he did on Coming Down Again, Through The Lonely Nights and Fingerprint File, as well), but I don't think he ever used that pedal on stage. It's always been Woody or Taylor on the wah live.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 23, 2013 16:43

Mathijs

Never played live before except one time in Vienna 1973.

Played in Cologne and London 1973 as well, a total of 4 times.

Mathijs

And there is only ane very bad quality bootleg of Silver Train from Vienna back in '73. We need a better quality now!

Three are available, only first Cologne not.

Mathijs

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: May 23, 2013 16:48

No prizes to guess what GHS track I'd love them to play with Mick T....

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 16:50

I think Mick's current vocal style would work with Silver Train, and obviously Taylor's guitar. I'd love to hear it. But could Keith drive they rhythm?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 23, 2013 16:56

If you really insist on travelling back to 73 there's one song that was amazing the handful of times it was performed live : it's "100 Years Ago".

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: May 23, 2013 17:02

I just remember that interview with John Lennon from 1980 where the interviewer is going through all the Beatles albums with him, song by song, and when he gets to the minor songs that weren't hits Lennon is all like "huh? What? How does that one go again? Which album is that from? Is that one me or Paul's?" and he doesn't even remember the deep cuts at all. I think that is how they would react if you put the Stones in a room and asked them to play Silver Train or some of these long-ago album tracks. Chuck would probably know it better than Mick or Keith.

Date: May 23, 2013 17:40

LieB
DandelionPowderman
gotdablouse
muenke

I think so. I think Keith played the wah on the studio version (as I believe he did on Coming Down Again, Through The Lonely Nights and Fingerprint File, as well), but I don't think he ever used that pedal on stage. It's always been Woody or Taylor on the wah live.

I'm pretty sure it's Billy playing the wah-wah with his clavinet, but I'll double check that...

Date: May 23, 2013 17:40

buffalo7478
I think Mick's current vocal style would work with Silver Train, and obviously Taylor's guitar. I'd love to hear it. But could Keith drive they rhythm?

Keith plays that riff all the time in other songs, so why not? smiling smiley

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 23, 2013 18:55

DandelionPowderman
LieB
DandelionPowderman
gotdablouse
muenke

I'm pretty sure it's Billy playing the wah-wah with his clavinet, but I'll double check that...

Great dancer too, so good in fact, that he let Ronnie play the funky FF live so he could stretch the legs out

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1562
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home