Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Taylor is a great rhythm guitarist...
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 22, 2013 03:20

Taylor's skills have been questioned by some here for a long time... He's been called ordinary and accused of playing what any good guitarist would play. Last night's show should squash those notions. Every chord he played in Sway was played with groove and authority. Every hook in CYHMK dead tight with Bobby and DJ..He is aware of all players on stage including "sidemen" and can interact with each in mind blowing ways... He is a world class player who's presence on stage makes everyone sound better. It's great we got to hear this... Long live Mick Taylor....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 03:21 by DoomandGloom.

Re: Mick Taylor is a great rhythm guitarist...
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 22, 2013 03:36

He's ok.

Posted by: Horseswild ()
Date: May 22, 2013 04:51

Let him play rhythm again on "Bitch" again like the 72/73 tours. With Ronnie's and Keith's lead licks on top would sound great.

Wedge it in between CYHMK and Sway for a sticky Fingers theme and to me that is heaven !!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 22, 2013 04:58

Not too shabby on this one...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 22, 2013 05:58

he should play rhythm on Happy

Date: May 22, 2013 06:01

DoomandGloom

Well, someone should.

Date: May 22, 2013 06:13

71Tele
DoomandGloom

Well, someone should.
exactly

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 22, 2013 06:20

Hmmmmm, what this?
A cheerleader thread! harumph!!
Now you know that all cheerleader threads require at least agood 45-55% doseage of "critically thinking" posts... this is IORR after all. Now can we rely on you to self dose, or will outside assistance be needed?

Date: May 22, 2013 06:41

Max'sKansasCity
Hmmmmm, what this?
Now you know that all cheerleader threads require at least agood 45-55% doseage of "critically thinking" posts... this is IORR after all. Now can we rely on you to self dose, or will outside assistance be needed?

C'mon Max, grumps like us have been waiting for an excuse to cheerlead for 20 years. We are letting it all out at once. Let is have our fun for a couple of days. I am sure the setlist will return to "normal" in no time and we can go back to being critical. smoking smiley

Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: May 22, 2013 06:41

I have always loved his rhythm playing. Very underrated.

Date: May 22, 2013 06:53

I just keep playing back last night. the smiles onstage, the great jamming..This is quickly becoming better than anyone could envision, starting withthe first night in Anaheim. But last night was the first time I saw this current line-up as truly great. Every player is the right guy for this tour. Tim Ries should not be overlooked as he's a fine musician. Who plays organ on YCAGWYW??? If that's him, he does that perfectly.. Best B3 tone I ever heard was in Brooklyn. Sound people are doing a great job as well, there are always mistakes but it's not as easy as it seems. Really they are building up steam now, anyone that says Mick and Keith aren't friends should watch last night's CYHMK.... Give me a R!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 22, 2013 07:02

I've never questioned MT's abilities he is a great guitarist and his work with the Stones should never be overlooked. What gets me sometimes is the people that discount Ronnie and Brian and think MT is the be all end all for the Stones. The other two versions of the band are pretty darn good too though the Ronnie years have been spotty but that may have something to do with the age of the band when he joined. They were all past 30 and had lives outside the Stones he did not come into a band that lived and breathed music as it did from 1962 to 1974. Here is a question what if Ronnie had joined in 1969 and played like he did with the Faces? How different would the ba

Date: May 22, 2013 07:07

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
Hmmmmm, what this?

C'mon Max, grumps like us have been waiting for an excuse to cheerlead for 20 years. We are letting it all out at once. Let is have our fun for a couple of days. I am sure the setlist will return to "normal" in no time and we can go back to being critical. smoking smiley

Im sorry tele, but I didnt write these rules, but you know the rule... rules are rules.
As "someone" once (or 30 times) said, ""is merely being a cheerleader - not a fan."" [www.iorr.org]

If ever, one time, several fans of "other band members", or "certain albums" could have had a nice discussion without it being invaded by "critical thinking posters" (bashers/complainers/whiners) then maybe an exception could be made, but it has never happened yet.

I would love it if IORR was a place where people let other people have some fun talking about something without constantly having other people come in and bash (piss on the camp fire), maybe someday it can be like. It would nice if someone didnt like something and they didnt feel compeeled to say something, they could juts move along to something they do like.

I suppose the only way to get to that point is to show people how it feels.

Date: May 22, 2013 07:14

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
Hmmmmm, what this?

Im sorry tele, but I didnt write these rules, but you know the rule... rules are rules.
As "someone" once (or 30 times) said, ""is merely being a cheerleader - not a fan."" [www.iorr.org]

If ever, one time, several fans of "other band members", or "certain albums" could have had a nice discussion without it being invaded by "critical thinking posters" (bashers/complainers/whiners) then maybe an exception could be made, but it has never happened yet.

I would love it if IORR was a place where people let other people have some fun talking about something without constantly having other people come in and bash (piss on the camp fire), maybe someday it can be like. It would nice if someone didnt like something and they didnt feel compeeled to say something, they could juts move along to something they do like.

I suppose the only way to get to that point is to show people how it feels.

Sheesh...

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 22, 2013 07:18

I suppose the only way to get to that point is to show people how it feels.[/quote]

If you spot it, you got it.

Seems to me you always do this. No matter what we say, even though we love the Rolling Stones, all members, but are glad to have Mick Taylor mixed in there again, someone like you takes offense as you have several times when the subject of MT comes up. It's annoying.

You are that very person that you just pointed out.

Date: May 22, 2013 07:19

Its not my fault that one too many times some a-hole came storming into a thread and ruined the fun I was/we were having, just so they could say, for the 5000th time, that they think blah blah blah balh blah... and it now.

Id rather the rule be... IF YOU DONT LIKE THE TOPIC/PERSON, THEN MOVE THE FK ALONG WITHOUT SAYING SOMETHING CRAPPY.

Date: May 22, 2013 07:20

But until that is the rule, the bashers and whiners can expect the same which they dish out.

Date: May 22, 2013 07:20

The biggest whiner and complainer on the board. Basically, an @#$%&.

Date: May 22, 2013 07:26

And btw- I could not care less what noobs or non active posters (less than 3 years or less than 1000 posts have to say about anything). I assume they are just another name changer who doesnt have the back bone to stick with one name and deal with their post history. These posters are not even worth a reply. If anyone wants to be an entity, then they should stick around and contribute, add something over time.... dont just show up and start whining and reporting people becasue you dont like the way things are.

I should change that to say, I welcome new board members (really new, not some name chnager coming back with a vengance) who come in and are cool and try to get along people. It is usually easy to tell who is true new, and who is just coming back for more, instantly insulting people, starting shit, making peronal attacks. I dont have time for the fake noobs who come looking for trouble.

Actual new people, who seem cool, and are trying to get along, I LOVE THEM, and do my best to make them feel welcome as I can.

On the other hand, previously banned/fake new/name changers/name parkers.... I dont have time for them or the trouble they want to start.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 09:17 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: May 22, 2013 07:27

Get real.

Date: May 22, 2013 07:30

How dare we Rolling Stones fans enjoy the fact that the Rolling Stones have reunited with one of the former Rolling Stones!

It seems to me that if a person so cannot stand the fact that Mick Taylor is playing with the Rolling Stones (and everyone is digging it) they should direct their anger and disgust at...the Rolling Stones. Unless of course it's an evil conspiracy where the dreaded Taylorites have kidnapped the Rolling Stones and forced them through trickery or supernatural powers to play with the Evil Mick Taylor.

Date: May 22, 2013 07:31

Boy, all these people who have been bashing on Ronnie Wood for years, sure dont like the tables turned, do they? Isnt that interesting.

As they all have said for years, people have a right to be critical thinkers and post their opinions anywhere they want.

Date: May 22, 2013 07:34

71Tele
How dare we Rolling Stones fans enjoy the fact that the Rolling Stones have reunited with one of the former Rolling Stones!

It seems to me that if a person so cannot stand the fact that Mick Taylor is playing with the Rolling Stones (and everyone is digging it) they should direct their anger and disgust at...the Rolling Stones. Unless of course it's an evil conspiracy where the dreaded Taylorites have kidnapped the Rolling Stones and forced them through trickery or supernatural powers to play with the Evil Mick Taylor.

Just replace Ronnie Wood where you say Mick Taylor and Woodite where you say Taylorites... and there you go.

Date: May 22, 2013 07:39

Max'sKansasCity
Boy, all these people who have been bashing on Ronnie Wood for years, sure dont like the tables turned, do they? Isnt that interesting.

As they all have said for years, people have a right to be critical thinkers and post their opinions anywhere they want.

But you're NOT posting critical opinions. You are just making personal attacks against people whom you disagree with, which is what you have always done here. There's a difference.

Date: May 22, 2013 07:40

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

But you're NOT posting critical opinions. You are just making personal attacks against people whom you disagree with, which is what you have always done here. There's a difference.

please show me where I made a personal attack.

I do my best to not even use the word YOU,
but you sure do all the time, you get personal all the time. Shall I show you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 07:41 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 22, 2013 07:42

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

Just replace Ronnie Wood where you say Mick Taylor and Woodite where you say Taylorites... and there you go.

You have not even noticed that almost everyone (including me) is talking about how they love the three guitarists. No one is bashing Wood. I have said several times that I think he is playing great. Obviously they are all having fun. It's pretty special. Sorry you can't see it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 07:42 by 71Tele.

Date: May 22, 2013 07:45

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

You have not even noticed that almost everyone (including me) is talking about how they love the three guitarists. No one is bashing Wood. I have said several times that I think he is playing great. Obviously they are all having fun. It's pretty special. Sorry you can't see it.

Sorry buddy, my only advice is go back in time and not have such a good (and frequent) time bashing, insulting and talking crap about Ronnie Wood as you love to do. Do you have a time machine? Can I borrow it?

Date: May 22, 2013 07:46

Someone wise once said to never argue with dogs or children.

I'm outta here.

Date: May 22, 2013 07:47

Max'sKansasCity
And btw- I could not care less what noobs or non active posters (less than 3 years or less than 1000 posts have to say about anything). I assume they are just another name changer who doesnt have the back bone to stick with one name and deal with their post history. These posters are not even worth a reply. If anyone wants to be an entity, then they should stick around and contribute, add something over time.... dont just show up and start whining and reporting people becasue you dont like the way things are.

Just because you may have more posts, definitely doesn't add up to more brains. Your arrogance and illusions of self importance are laughable.

So basically, your motto is to fight fire with fire right? You really are a waste of skin and a very sorry excuse for a human being. So we should spend every living second of our lives on this message board like you have because you are into nothing else? Your opinion is the only one that matters? We have to live up to your standards? You are stupid, inconsiderate, selfish, and self centered.

If you spent more time reading something that enriches your life instead of spreading your hatred for Mick Taylor, we wouldn't be having these conversations every time someone mentions Mick Taylor.

But you are not smart enough to read a bible or how to make friends and influence people. Your only goal is to spread your life's misery on your fellow Rolling Stones fans.

You must not have gotten laid in a long, long, time.

Date: May 22, 2013 07:48

winking smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home