Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My recent Stones Emotional Moment
Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: May 22, 2013 02:17

I listened to Sway from last night's show in the car today. I simply hooked up my phone and played the audio of the youtube video through my car speakers. (imagine that I'm cruising down the highway listening to last night's show, incredicle!)

I thought it tighter than the previous tour versions, but damn Jagger 2013 can't seem to sing it all to well and the back up singers seem to drown out everything. The sound was a typical above average audience recording, but I'm used to those, as most of us are . . . I was wondering, who would do the solo in the middle of the song, and sure enough Ronnie stepped up to the plate, well, not bad, but jeez there wasn't much to it . . .

Then the outro solo. Mick T provided me with such joy during that solo, I actually teared up. Yup. A grown man brought to the brink by a beautiful piece of music. What a wonderful moment, for me. Then, Jagger ends the song! I couldn't believe it. Should have let Mick T go another couple times around, at least two more . . . But all in all, it was the first real Stones emotional moment in many many years.

Thought I would share, can't wait for Boston.

Re: My recent Stones Emotional Moment
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 22, 2013 02:20

It was a fun and unpredictable moment...Mick has to keep them on some sort of Jagger like schedule...Gone are the days of improvisation...

Date: May 22, 2013 02:21

Mr. Jimi
I listened to Sway from last night's show in the car today. I simply hooked up my phone and played the audio of the youtube video through my car speakers. (imagine that I'm cruising down the highway listening to last night's show, incredicle!)

I thought it tighter than the previous tour versions, but damn Jagger 2013 can't seem to sing it all to well and the back up singers seem to drown out everything. The sound was a typical above average audience recording, but I'm used to those, as most of us are . . . I was wondering, who would do the solo in the middle of the song, and sure enough Ronnie stepped up to the plate, well, not bad, but jeez there wasn't much to it . . .

Then the outro solo. Mick T provided me with such joy during that solo, I actually teared up. Yup. A grown man brought to the brink by a beautiful piece of music. What a wonderful moment, for me. Then, Jagger ends the song! I couldn't believe it. Should have let Mick T go another couple times around, at least two more . . . But all in all, it was the first real Stones emotional moment in many many years.

I can't believe that anyone would judge a performance off of some crappy youtube video. Just wait for the DVD and you will be blown away.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 22, 2013 02:24

JumpinJackOLantern
Mr. Jimi

I can't believe that anyone would judge a performance off of some crappy youtube video. Just wait for the DVD and you will be blown away.

are you saying that on the DVD Mick allows the song its natural end? that is breaking news!!!

Date: May 22, 2013 02:29

Munichhilton
JumpinJackOLantern
Mr. Jimi

are you saying that on the DVD Mick allows the song its natural end? that is breaking news!!!

Can't do anything for you there. Just commenting on the quality of these youtube videos in general.

Date: May 22, 2013 02:31

I am sure we haven't heard the last of Sway. They will get it right next time out I am sure.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 22, 2013 02:32

Mr. Jimi
I listened to Sway from last night's show in the car today.

Mick T provided me with such joy during that solo, I actually teared up. Yup. A grown man brought to the brink by a beautiful piece of music. What a wonderful moment, for me. ...it was the first real Stones emotional moment in many many years.

Aren't you conveniently leaving out the first time you heard the extended mix of Streets of Love? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out But yeah, Ronnie and Taylor stepped up to the plate on that one. A very moving day for all Stones fans.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 22, 2013 02:42

Mr. Jimi

I had a similar impression. Based on his actions and singing I don't think Mick J was feeling either one of those songs, the fact they did them at all is a testament to their desire to get Mick T more involved. When Jagger performs a song he isn't truly feeling, he gets this campy attitude with it that really turns me off and reminds me of sides 1,2, and 4 of LYL - and that's not a good thing.

Like you, I enjoyed last night's performance for the unique moment it was, and Taylor's fine guitar work. But I hope between now and the next time they do the songs Mick J is able to find some renewed inspiration behind the vocals, and open his mind to letting the guitars really sing too.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 22, 2013 03:42

Tears flowed when I saw the video of last night's CYHMK. There, I said it.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 22, 2013 03:49

JumpinJackOLantern
Mr. Jimi

True dat. Check the audio from the recordings from the tongue pit at various stops along the tour. Much better audio and a better representation IMO of what it really sounded like.

Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: May 22, 2013 04:33

The CYHMK video IMO is one of the most awesome raw bootleg videos ive ever seen, there is true emotion and passion from everyone there, so awesome!

Date: May 22, 2013 04:39

71Tele
Tears flowed when I saw the video of last night's CYHMK. There, I said it.

Tele, you are really enjoying this 50 and Counting tour. I figured you would. So are the rest of us. Well, almost the rest of us.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: May 22, 2013 05:15

Mr. Jimi

Thanks for sharing Jimi.......I can relate, After seeing MT play CYHMK clip I did the same thing. It is amazing how much MT brought to the table and to hear him play it in his way.....no one can duplicate that.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 22, 2013 05:36

sonomastone
Mr. Jimi

Micks afraid it might work, and he'll be forced to be a Stone for a couple more years.

I had a similar impression. Based on his actions and singing I don't think Mick J was feeling either one of those songs, the fact they did them at all is a testament to their desire to get Mick T more involved. When Jagger performs a song he isn't truly feeling, he gets this campy attitude with it that really turns me off and reminds me of sides 1,2, and 4 of LYL - and that's not a good thing.

Like you, I enjoyed last night's performance for the unique moment it was, and Taylor's fine guitar work. But I hope between now and the next time they do the songs Mick J is able to find some renewed inspiration behind the vocals, and open his mind to letting the guitars really sing too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1379
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home