Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Alex Lifeson's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Speech
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 20, 2013 17:16

Not sure if I like this as much as Mike Love's 1988 classic, but it comes pretty close.

Re: OT: Alex Lifeson's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Speech
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 20, 2013 17:21

THAT WAS FANTASTIC!

Seriously, I can't think of a better way to ridicule the whole process, yet honour the fans than that.

You have to watch the whole video. Just brilliant.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 20, 2013 17:59

Perfect. Loved it. Truely enjoyed watching Geddy & Neil trying to remain composed thorough all of it.

Looking forward to some creative Canadian to add subtitles so the rest of the world has a chance to understand the translation. I knew that "A" (not sure how y'all spell it past the first letter) has many meanings in Canada, but never realized y'all were able to do so much with "blah" as well!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:53

That's my Alex...he's not any of yours he's mine...
We high fived during Limelight in Austin, and that lifts me to a higher standard then others...

Date: May 21, 2013 02:26

Not a Rush fan but year after year I scratched my head on why they were not inducted. Now I can stop scratching my head. So, what deserving artist/band is next that has been left out year after year?

Scotty

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:37

That's great. I have seen many many shows over the past 35+ years. Never have I seen any other performer who seems to have so much fun as does Alex Lifeson. Rush is such a great band

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:46

Funny

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 21, 2013 04:00

mr_dja
Perfect. Loved it. Truely enjoyed watching Geddy & Neil trying to remain composed thorough all of it.

Looking forward to some creative Canadian to add subtitles so the rest of the world has a chance to understand the translation. I knew that "A" (not sure how y'all spell it past the first letter) has many meanings in Canada, but never realized y'all were able to do so much with "blah" as well!

Peace,
Mr DJA

eh?

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 04:30

I just saw Rush last weekend in Atlantic City. I LOVE THIS BAND. 3 1/2 hour show and It was not all hits. They played the majority of their new album.

Typical Alex on stage ( see 1:00 ) He's great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 04:31 by custom55.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:11

I think it was an F*&^ You to the hall for having them wait so long.

I think I would feel the same way if the B52's got in before me.

Rock Lobster or 2112?

Again. No Deep Purple No Moody Blues No Chicago? But the B52s are in there. WTF?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 21, 2013 06:09

So now we know who did the adult voices on those Charlie Brown cartoons.

Funny, but it still doesn't top Dee Dee Ramone's acceptance speech for sheer brevity and "modesty"....

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 21, 2013 06:25

I think it is the dumbest thing I've ever seen at this awards ceremony. It is hard enough for Canadians bands to get any recognition and this guy just blazed the trail for more reasons to ignore Canadian bands. Say what you want but I think he embarrassed his band mates.

It wasn't funny at all, it was over two minutes of stupidity.

Posted by: tony ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:17

It was hilarious! He is as funny as he is musically talented.

Date: May 21, 2013 07:25

The Sicilian
I think it is the dumbest thing I've ever seen at this awards ceremony. It is hard enough for Canadians bands to get any recognition and this guy just blazed the trail for more reasons to ignore Canadian bands. Say what you want but I think he embarrassed his band mates.

YEAH!! He not only embarrassed his band mates, but he also embarrassed all Canadeianians, everywhere, they should all, every single one, hang their heads in shame and then they need to sit in the corner for 1/2 an hour to 40 minutes(candadainan time) and ponder what Alex did and then they need to mail me a check for $2.00, each, all of them... or a loony each will do.

BLAME CANANADADA!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 07:38 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:27

...where's Jimmy boy when we need him ....????

ROCKMAN

Date: May 21, 2013 07:48

tatters
Not sure if I like this as much as Mike Love's 1988 classic, but it comes pretty close.

The single greatest acceptance speeh in the history of acceptance speeches.
Not only is Alex Lifeson one of the best guitartist ever, he may be THE funniest.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:51

stupid.and there not rock and roll,they suck.

Date: May 21, 2013 07:54

brilliant.and there rock and roll,they kickass.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 08:58

yo backstreet boy...learn to use their and there correctly... you may not like them, but they are way more rock n' roll than Donna Summers, Madonna, and other crap acts that are in the RNRHOF.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 21, 2013 13:01

Very funny, maybe went on a little too long. Not a huge fan of Rush but Neal Peart's speech was very good & heartfelt. That guy has come down a hard road.

Date: May 21, 2013 13:09

crholmstrom
Very funny, maybe went on a little too long. Not a huge fan of Rush but Neal Peart's speech was very good & heartfelt. That guy has come down a hard road.

He sure has, if one doesnt know Mr Peart's tale of woe, and one ever gets to feeling really really down about how life can abuse us all badly from time to time, one might consider looking up Mr Peart's story and maybe it can inspire one to keep on keeping on.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 21, 2013 14:58

whitem8
yo backstreet boy...learn to use their and there correctly... you may not like them, but they are way more rock n' roll than Donna Summers, Madonna, and other crap acts that are in the RNRHOF.

It's not "their" either.

stupid.and there they're not rock and roll,they suck.

Date: May 21, 2013 15:03

winking smiley

Date: May 21, 2013 15:05

Basically, Alex said it the right way in his speech = see speech.

Date: May 21, 2013 16:19

Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom

He sure has, if one doesnt know Mr Peart's tale of woe, and one ever gets to feeling really really down about how life can abuse us all badly from time to time, one might consider looking up Mr Peart's story and maybe it can inspire one to keep on keeping on.

It's actually a fantastic book. Read it cover to cover in 3 days...all the people that don't understand what Alex did are ugly and they dress badly...

Date: May 21, 2013 16:21

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom

It's actually a fantastic book. Read it cover to cover in 3 days...all the people that don't understand what Alex did are ugly and they dress badly...
...and have bad breath and no sense of humor

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:59

The entire segment on Rush was really well done, starting with Dave Grohl's induction speech. Lifeson's bit was hilarious, and a brilliant commentary on award ceremonies. Loved it.

And I'm not even a Rush fan.

It should also be noted that John Mayer's induction speech of Albert King, with his demo of various guitar string-bending styles, was informative and even moving as he described King's influence on him.

The Lou Adler segment was excellent too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 17:53 by loog droog.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 21, 2013 17:21

The Sicilian

your ignorance isn't what's surprising, it's that you'd paint an entire country with the same brush.

I hope all Sicilians aren't that stupid. I'd wager they're not.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: May 21, 2013 17:40

This guy calls himself The Sicilian. I think that says a lot about his ignorance.

Date: May 21, 2013 17:43

RUSH has nothing to apologize for.
Between them, the El Mocambo, and SCTV I think Canada has arrived as a super power!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2044
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home