Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Opening Songs
Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 18, 2013 21:21

Thrylan
GRNRBITW........You crack me up......I think we are like minded......LOVE our Stones, but no free passes. Just listened to Ya-Yas with my son......might have spoiled him. How about Let Me Go?

let me go is a fave over here. and despite what some maniacs believe was an ill-tempo'd version of it on the tattoo you tour, i found it quite to my liking. keith just kept pounding those berry riffs until mick couldn't take it no more.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 18, 2013 21:29

GRNRBITW
Thrylan
GRNRBITW........You crack me up......I think we are like minded......LOVE our Stones, but no free passes. Just listened to Ya-Yas with my son......might have spoiled him. How about Let Me Go?

let me go is a fave over here. and despite what some maniacs believe was an ill-tempo'd version of it on the tattoo you tour, i found it quite to my liking. keith just kept pounding those berry riffs until mick couldn't take it no more.

Agreed.....I refer to 81'-82'how as, "The last great guitar tour" fewer sidemen, guitar oriented rock, fun Ronnie, Keith soloing nicely.......VL was close, best I have attended. My first was 89'the so.....

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 18, 2013 21:41

The opener can be anything that rocks. The crowd won't care. I would consider Doom and Gloom going straight into SFM.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 18, 2013 21:48

I am sorry-to me GOMC is boring. It falls flat.

I'd rather have something like Rocks Off, Start Me Up, JJF, D&G, Don't Stop
or some other rocker to get things going.

Date: May 18, 2013 21:52

RO or ADTL would rock........doesnt Mick open D&G? I can't blame have Mick opening ......

Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: May 18, 2013 21:56

Under My Thumb from the 81/82 tour was an excellent opening song.

Posted by: fredlynn19 ()
Date: May 18, 2013 21:56

GOOMC--saw it in NJ night 2 and made me love the song again.. the hey heys are awesome.

saw Paint IT balck open in FOxboro 9/2006. that was an epic setlist. if i remember correctly, like 10 of the ifrst twelve songs were all pre 1982

Date: May 18, 2013 22:16

Thrylan
GRNRBITW
Thrylan

Agreed.....I refer to 81'-82'how as, "The last great guitar tour" fewer sidemen, guitar oriented rock, fun Ronnie, Keith soloing nicely.......VL was close, best I have attended. My first was 89'the so.....

you poor guy. saw them in '81...in retrospect, maybe they shoulda hung it up and gone out after that...left on a high note...leave 'em wanting more. all that kinda thing. woulda coulda shoulda. alas. sigh. oh, well.

Date: May 18, 2013 22:17

UMT was great in 81' but would likely be a Chuck/Mick song now, with three guest marimba players....

Date: May 18, 2013 22:54

Thrylan
UMT was great in 81' but would likely be a Chuck/Mick song now, with three guest marimba players....

they did it at the last stones show i attended (and ever will attend) in oakland on the last tour. to say it was dreadful would be understating its....er...dreadfulness....

Date: May 18, 2013 23:13

GRNRBITW
Thrylan

they did it at the last stones show i attended (and ever will attend) in oakland on the last tour. to say it was dreadful would be understating its....er...dreadfulness....

Well, I saw it coming..........hey, tell Mick there's a song title hear!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 19, 2013 07:29

SMU is a good opener or JJF.

Posted by: Black Angel ()
Date: May 19, 2013 16:42

I strongly believe that this tour has no Keith-riff opener anymore just because the fear of the band that Keith would not remember the (opening)riff. That would be a disaster at that point of the show. This explains the choice for GOOMC and earlier IWBYM starting with the whole band at once. Mick was pissed off many times the last tours while Keith messing up a song at the start wasn't he.

Date: May 19, 2013 17:40

Can't remember right off if it was Security or Licks, but Keith fumbled the BS intro.........BS Keith.......it's pretty straight forward. At the time I attributed it to the lack of light.....

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2262
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home