Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rod Stewart - Unplugged album question
Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 17, 2013 19:28

Erik_Snow
GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow
GRNRBITW
there were some excellent unplugged albums way back when. my faves are still macca's, ec's (with leavell leading the charge, of course) and rod's...prolly in that order. dylan's didn't fare so well...he shoulda gone with one of the supper club shows from the year before instead of these '94 gigs.

Strange that you mention it, because I was listening to all 4 Supper Club shows of 1993 a few days ago, and was thinking about terrific they are; and how boring the official MTV unplugged 1994 performance of Dylan is. The only great performance of the 94 show is "I Want You"......which he didn't include in the official release....!!

Concerning Rod Stewart's Unplugged album; it's OK; but I simply can't stand it when he almost starts to cry at one certain song......can't remember which song it was.... But when I heard that; I gave the CD to the local library. Who wants to hear a man crying? Not me!

on van's have i told you lately. it was a tender moment and i loved it.

you ever hear sam cooke's version of the "riddle song" which has the line "i gave my love a baby with no crying" - you can hear him choke up at the line, cos he and his wife had just lost their baby to an early death. if that don't choke you up, nothing will...
did you ever hear sam cooke when he choked up at the end of

No, I haven't heard that one.....
The only "crying/choking up" moment that brings a tear to my eye, without making me furious, is Leon Russell on his 2011 (?) concert, that was broadcasted on TV; where he sings "A Song For You"

But that's a different kind of "choking up".......because it's about time/lost time and not just sentimentality over a previous relationship

Did that make sense...? Well, I tried my best

you norwegians leave me cold...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 17, 2013 19:35

GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow
GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow
GRNRBITW
there were some excellent unplugged albums way back when. my faves are still macca's, ec's (with leavell leading the charge, of course) and rod's...prolly in that order. dylan's didn't fare so well...he shoulda gone with one of the supper club shows from the year before instead of these '94 gigs.

Strange that you mention it, because I was listening to all 4 Supper Club shows of 1993 a few days ago, and was thinking about terrific they are; and how boring the official MTV unplugged 1994 performance of Dylan is. The only great performance of the 94 show is "I Want You"......which he didn't include in the official release....!!

Concerning Rod Stewart's Unplugged album; it's OK; but I simply can't stand it when he almost starts to cry at one certain song......can't remember which song it was.... But when I heard that; I gave the CD to the local library. Who wants to hear a man crying? Not me!

on van's have i told you lately. it was a tender moment and i loved it.

you ever hear sam cooke's version of the "riddle song" which has the line "i gave my love a baby with no crying" - you can hear him choke up at the line, cos he and his wife had just lost their baby to an early death. if that don't choke you up, nothing will...
did you ever hear sam cooke when he choked up at the end of

No, I haven't heard that one.....
The only "crying/choking up" moment that brings a tear to my eye, without making me furious, is Leon Russell on his 2011 (?) concert, that was broadcasted on TV; where he sings "A Song For You"

But that's a different kind of "choking up".......because it's about time/lost time and not just sentimentality over a previous relationship

Did that make sense...? Well, I tried my best

you norwegians leave me cold...

Hey, which album can I find that Sam Cooke song on?
Would like to hear......not only because of the choking up; but I'm in need of more Cooke records.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 17, 2013 19:36

originally on "ain't that good news" - probably on a dozen or so compilations by now

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 17, 2013 19:53

Thanks, T, for some wierd reason I never heard that one

Here's the Leon Russell TV brodacast I mentioned.......I see it's up on youtube

Skip to minute 7:00 if you don't want to watch Elton's speech

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: May 18, 2013 05:14

Rod Live at BBC May16, 2013

Warren Zevon also deserves a mention here.

While not an official MTV Unplugged title, the stripped-down format of the album is in line with the live acoustic trend that flourished in the early 1990s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-18 06:59 by Toru A.

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 18, 2013 19:29

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 19:54 by midnrambler.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 18, 2013 19:38

midnrambler
Does anyone have the tracks "It's All Over Now" and "Sweet Little Rock And Roller" they could send me privately? Many thanky in advance.
Thats what I was looking for as well. I thought someone earlier in the thread said they had them, but I've still seen nothing from those. Still two songs I'd love to hear.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1358
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home