Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Best And Worst Stones Tour
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 15, 2013 16:42

DandelionPowderman
tatters
Best: 1969
Worst: This One

Out of curiousity, tatters, did you catch the 1967 tour as well?

No, but I don't see how any tour where they only played for 30 minutes, no matter how frenetically, could possibly be their best tour.

Date: May 15, 2013 16:51

tatters
DandelionPowderman
tatters
Best: 1969
Worst: This One

Out of curiousity, tatters, did you catch the 1967 tour as well?

No, but I don't see how any tour where they only played for 30 minutes, no matter how frenetically, could possibly be their best tour.

40, to be precise smiling smiley

I just wondered. Would have been great to get a closer report on how the band sounded.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 15, 2013 18:46

MizzAmandaJonez
Best I've seen are 72, then 75

Worst was maybe 89?

Worst is the wrong word to use.

I think this one is very good, so far.

Needs:

1. More MT
2. Keith thinking outside the box on his solo set
3. Guests who are more prepared and more appropriate for the song
4. Less expensive tix

Very good points those needs!

In my opinion the best tours are 72/73 and 81/82

Not been there physically but Brussels Affair -73 and Live at Leeds -82 recordings are just amazing. I mean the playing is so energetic and guitar driven, I personally also like the unreal speed in the Live at Leeds.

The worst is maybe 2007 tour like many others have also said.

Not been there either but for example in Shine a Light the playing is not very good, and there are some youtube clips from 2007 where Keith is obviously drunk.

I've been to concerts in 1990, 1995 and 1998 and from those one I liked most the 1998 tour, but it's difficult to compare those because in 1998 I was in front of the B-stage and in other ones I was not at very good seats.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 15, 2013 19:13

Erik_Snow
Mr More Hot Rocks phoned me and said that his keyboard isn't working, so he can only read the board today, but not post.
He wanted me to say that "the best tours were 1978 and 1981; as the band was REALLY letting it all out, and rocked like never before". The worst tours, he says, "are the oh-so-dull Vegas tours with all the safe arrangements and sub-standard guitar-playing. After Bill Wyman left, they never got it to swing"

That "Vegas tours" word is his, not mine, btw

Eric if i ever meet you I'll buy you a beer. Maybe two. And we'll toast to a great 50 years. Including 78 and 81.

Date: May 15, 2013 19:36

That's how it should be, guys grinning smiley

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 15, 2013 19:39

DandelionPowderman
That's how it should be, guys grinning smiley

you wouldn't BELIEVE how many posters owe me some suds, dp....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 15, 2013 20:21

More Hot Rocks
Erik_Snow
Mr More Hot Rocks phoned me and said that his keyboard isn't working, so he can only read the board today, but not post.
He wanted me to say that "the best tours were 1978 and 1981; as the band was REALLY letting it all out, and rocked like never before". The worst tours, he says, "are the oh-so-dull Vegas tours with all the safe arrangements and sub-standard guitar-playing. After Bill Wyman left, they never got it to swing"

That "Vegas tours" word is his, not mine, btw

Eric if i ever meet you I'll buy you a beer. Maybe two. And we'll toast to a great 50 years. Including 78 and 81.

Let's do that some time, More hot rocks....I'll pay for the next round. Glad you got your keyboard working again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-15 20:49 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 15, 2013 20:32

Best: Licks Tour 2002-2003 because of great setlist and wonderfull playing, closely followed by the Bridges To Babylon tour.

Worst: The Bigger Bang Tour 2005-2006 (2007 was in fact not that bad even if Keith was a bit lost) closely followed by The 50 & Counting Tour 2012-2013 - boring setlist, bad versions of warhorses, bad drumming by charlie, too expensive tickets.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 15, 2013 20:44

TheBlockbuster
Best: Licks Tour 2002-2003 because of great setlist and wonderfull playing, closely followed by the Bridges To Babylon tour.

Worst: The Bigger Bang Tour 2005-2006 (2007 was in fact not that bad even if Keith was a bit lost) closely followed by The 50 & Counting Tour 2012-2013 - boring setlist, bad versions of warhorses, bad drumming by charlie, too expensive tickets.

I'd love to see someone look Charlie in the eye and tell him be was drumming badly. And see his reaction.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home