Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Redemption?
Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: May 12, 2013 18:42

Seems that they've blown it for this first segment having already committed to the pricing scheme initially rolled out, notwithstanding the "$85" attempted backpedaling.

Might not an opportunity to recoup themselves, lie in switching from arena to stadium size venues after completion of this initial group of shows, for the balance of a comparable 6-segment last tour [2005-2007?]

Granted, this may be more of rehabilitation for survival, than redemption. What was Zeckendorf's ol' adage? — Better alive at 18% than dead at 14%.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Re: Redemption?
Date: May 16, 2013 04:51

So then, no righting the ship after they complete the current touring segment? Mick's comment about taking a break and then re-starting up in the fall was a bit before the real heat up over ticket prices, slow filling of seats. They must be planning to re-group somewhere down the line, or what, pack it in? For real? I'm about 5-days behind on the media accounts — which is apt to continue through this segment's ticket pricing.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery
Seems that they've blown it for this first segment having already committed to the pricing scheme initially rolled out, notwithstanding the "$85" attempted backpedaling.

Might not an opportunity to recoup themselves, lie in switching from arena to stadium size venues after completion of this initial group of shows, for the balance of a comparable 6-segment last tour [2005-2007?]

Granted, this may be more of rehabilitation for survival, than redemption. What was Zeckendorf's ol' adage? — Better alive at 18% than dead at 14%.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 16, 2013 05:33

Peanut are you writing and answering your own posts? Slightly confused.

HOWEVER... stadiums traditionally are hotrocks heavy with little to no risk-taking. This time they played it safe with the setlists (mostly), went very hotrocks heavy, and priced at insanity. I don't think they will do another stadium tour ever again. Not with their pricing model, not at their age, not with casual fans abandoning ship (I know plenty) and not with the economy in its current shape..

I can't speak for the rest of the world. I am sure there are folks in Euro/Asia/Australia/South-America/Africa/Antarctica/Moon, that would gladly see them at this point.

Date: May 17, 2013 05:17

flacnvinyl —

I'm postulating.

They played it safe? On balance? Not with their pricing model. Maybe more mindlessly.

If they don't come up some viable change up, those casual fans abandoning ship in droves are going to capsize it making their departure. Those worldwide folks that would gladly see them at this [price?] point — might fill those seats for completion of a world tour, but at the expense of the reputation circling the drain. Nothing wrong with that I guess — Mick's quick to deny being any paragon of virtue.

Expect that if they do complete the world, break a billion for their end this time,..?

Just as long as they don't forget to write,...

Peanut
PeanutGallery

flacnvinyl
Peanut are you writing and answering your own posts? Slightly confused.

HOWEVER... stadiums traditionally are hotrocks heavy with little to no risk-taking. This time they played it safe with the setlists (mostly), went very hotrocks heavy, and priced at insanity. I don't think they will do another stadium tour ever again. Not with their pricing model, not at their age, not with casual fans abandoning ship (I know plenty) and not with the economy in its current shape..

I can't speak for the rest of the world. I am sure there are folks in Euro/Asia/Australia/South-America/Africa/Antarctica/Moon, that would gladly see them at this point.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home