Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Are there any other WORRIED ABOUT YOU's? Stones-composed songs they performed live before releasing on a studio album?
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 11, 2013 19:38

Just Curious.

Re: Are there any other WORRIED ABOUT YOU's? Stones-composed songs they performed live before releasing on a studio album?
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 11, 2013 19:51

A number of them. Famous example
Would be playing brown sugar at altamont.

Re: Are there any other WORRIED ABOUT YOU's? Stones-composed songs they performed live before releasing on a studio album?
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 11, 2013 19:54

Oh No Not You Again, NY 2005.

C

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 11, 2013 19:57

Loving Cup at Hyde Park 1969.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: sealingwax ()
Date: May 11, 2013 20:01

Never heard this one before Deltics! Good tip off! smiling smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 11, 2013 20:01

Most of Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers...

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: May 11, 2013 20:04

Other songs Played before LP

Loving Cup
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Jumpin Jack Flash
Honkey Tonk Women
Summer Romance (SNL rehearsal)

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: May 11, 2013 20:10

At the Roundhouse in London in 1971 they played Brown Sugar and other selections from Sticky Fingers. I remember Mick asking us if we could take "all these new songs"!

Let It Rock was recorded on this tour and was later issued with Bitch on the Brown Sugar maxi-single.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 11, 2013 21:17

And let's not forget "What Kind of World Is This?" a Jagger composition performed on his 1988 solo tour that has still never seen release. The rarest of all in that respect.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: May 11, 2013 21:25

Rocky Dijon
And let's not forget "What Kind of World Is This?" a Jagger composition performed on his 1988 solo tour that has still never seen release. The rarest of all in that respect.

recording?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 11, 2013 21:30

You can find it on bootlegs, but it's the only song Mick has written and performed live that has never been legitimately released. It wasn't a one-off either. He did it at quite a few shows Down Under.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 12, 2013 00:05

If I'm not mistaken nearly the entire 69 US tour was completed BEFORE the release of "Let It Bleed" so you can find a lot of songs there plus the fact that they were doing "You Gotta Move" on that tour. Also the first performance of "Brown Sugar" was at Altamont, wasn't it?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 12, 2013 00:10

Rocky Dijon
And let's not forget "What Kind of World Is This?"

let's do forget

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 12, 2013 00:13

scottkeef
If I'm not mistaken nearly the entire 69 US tour was completed BEFORE the release of "Let It Bleed" so you can find a lot of songs there plus the fact that they were doing "You Gotta Move" on that tour. Also the first performance of "Brown Sugar" was at Altamont, wasn't it?

Hi Scott, yes, LIB was released on Nov 28th 1969
The 1971 tour also happened before Sticky Fingers was out....so those 2 albums are full of pre-release live performance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-12 00:16 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 12, 2013 00:18

Gimme Shelter played during the 69 tour while LIBleed was released on Dec. 5...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-12 00:19 by dcba.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 12, 2013 00:38

Very small window, but the first 3 shows on the Bridges to Babylon tour, when the set list featured "Anybody Seen My Baby" and "Out of Control," took place before the album was released.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 12, 2013 00:40

Altamont - Brown Sugar - audio link

I love how SLOW they do it!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 12, 2013 01:13

Does YCAGWYW played at the Rock'n'Roll Circus count ?

HMN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 12, 2013 01:18

I'm not worried if they did it again....could be fun though

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: May 12, 2013 01:23

Sad Sad Sad and Mixed Emotions at Toad's Place, New Haven 1989
Not Stones-composed, but Cherry Oh Baby in '75

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 12, 2013 01:24

That doesn't really count since it wasn't "played live", but they played "Mixed Emotions" at the SW press conference in July 1989 on a Boombox with a release in late August (?), same for the 1997 PC with ASMB, and I very clearly remember bv writing that it sounded a bit like Memory Motel ;-)

But yes, "Worried About You" is the "real exception" in the sense that it wasn't slated for release on the next album when they played it (well "Loving Cup" either I guess). It would be interesting to know the thought process behind that performance...if anyone bumps into Mick...

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 12, 2013 02:10

Thanks for the education. Loved that Hyde Park LOVIN' CUP. Interesting it was at that point titled GIVE ME A LITTLE DRINK. (Unless Mick forgot for the moment; he does sort of hesitate.)

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: May 12, 2013 08:21

awesome seiling wax,thanks.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 12, 2013 09:01

I always thought Brussels Affair was before the release of Goats Head Soup by the way Mick introduces the new songs but I just checked and the album came out in August '73 and the two Brussels gigs were in October '73.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home