Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

buying tickets outside venue
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:17

What has the market been like in the street on day of show? Have you been able to get in for under face value? There's always the risk of getting fakes, but I was thinking of this approach for Chicago 3. Thnx!

(also: anyone had "side of stage" tix in lower bowl? are they ok?)

Re: buying tickets outside venue
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 8, 2013 20:49

As it stands now, you can get tickets under face value directly through ticketmaster within 2 or 3 days before the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 20:52 by Hairball.

Posted by: 48yearsaRSfan ()
Date: May 8, 2013 21:16

Be VERY Careful if you try buying or selling in Washington, DC outside the venue. The police will arrest you and bring you to jail. The police set up fake buys and arrest as it is illegal to sell a ticket for any price even below face value... I watched a poor high school kid sell a nose bleed ticket (I had said no because of the section) in front of the Verizon Center for a lousy $10 and they arrested him on the spot. I still feel bad for the kid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 21:18 by 48yearsaRSfan.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 8, 2013 22:13

48yearsaRSfan
Be VERY Careful if you try buying or selling in Washington, DC outside the venue. The police will arrest you and bring you to jail. The police set up fake buys and arrest as it is illegal to sell a ticket for any price even below face value... I watched a poor high school kid sell a nose bleed ticket (I had said no because of the section) in front of the Verizon Center for a lousy $10 and they arrested him on the spot. I still feel bad for the kid.

Getting arrested for buying a ticket is crazy.

Absolutely crazy.

There's going to be a revolution.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: May 9, 2013 00:37

And some think it´s a free country

Date: May 9, 2013 00:45

steini
And some think it´s a free country

It is free my brothers and sisters; it is. This law can be changed if folks speak up, remember those Jim Crow laws down south that got changed? Get up stand up, not sit down and bitch and ask for free stuff.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 9, 2013 00:48

GravityBoy
48yearsaRSfan

Getting arrested for buying a ticket is crazy.

Absolutely crazy.

There's going to be a revolution.

I disagree...they should give that kid the chair...ok, in the spirit of the French Revolution, guillotine might be more appropriate.

Date: May 9, 2013 01:22

Judging by the ticket prices it is kind of like the "Let them eat cake Tour"

Seriously tho, people should be careful in DC I would hate to see some nice folks coming to DC and getting locked up because of this stupid law about selling tickets within so many feet of the venue.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: May 9, 2013 03:09

"VERY Careful if you try buying or selling in Washington, DC outside the venue. The police will arrest you and bring you to jail"

The Police in Philadelphia could not possibly spend they´r time and effort better.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 9, 2013 03:10

I do not get this one and never will. Stubhun, Ticket Liquidator and the lot can sell for any amount of money they want but a kid or you and I sell a ticket on the street for ten dollars and its illegal. Its absoluetly STUPID. No wonder DC has such high crime when they put law enforcement efforts into this crap!!!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 9, 2013 03:43

slew
I do not get this one and never will. Stubhun, Ticket Liquidator and the lot can sell for any amount of money they want but a kid or you and I sell a ticket on the street for ten dollars and its illegal. Its absoluetly STUPID. No wonder DC has such high crime when they put law enforcement efforts into this crap!!!
+1 ON THAT!

The only valid reason they might offer is saying they are trying to protect people from counterfeiters, but in all my days of buying tickets I have been lucky.... I think if I am willing to take my chances, that is my business.

I will add that do I follow my intuition... and on more than one occasion I have required the the seller to walk up to by the door with us, then my partner goes in and if all is well, then it is done deal.... if they balk at the walk up, then I just move on, but facts be known, if they are willing to walk up there with you, it is a real ticket.

The best sellers are normal folks, walking up/in and want to quick sell their extra 2 at face( which they proably got for free) and you will be sitting next them... PERFECTO!!... as I smile, handsome and dashing young man that I am, and say "how about 3/4 face (or 1/2 face, depending on the deal) and I will buy you both a beer?".

Next best seller is typically the pros (a handful of tickets)(and couple of gold capped) teeth... he aint pushing fake tickets.... and he will be still there in 5 minutes if I get DKed at the door.

Just beware the crack/meth head, goth looking, toothless wonder who has onepair... and shifty eyes.

And finally, a rule of thumb, stay away from print out (self printed/piece of paper) tickets. You want hard copy tickets. ALWAYS.... When you buy from ticketmaster... when you buy from the scalpers.... fugetabout those "print you own" unlimited number of piece of paper tickets.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 03:59 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 9, 2013 05:55

Good Post for the uninitiated, very helpful Max!

The DC Law (Cannot sell within so many feet of the venue doors) was lobbied for and by Stadium/Arena owners so that the unsold tickets at the boxoffice inside will be sold and you and I stuck with an extra ticket are punished severely. They should prohibit over face value sales and help out the little guys stuck with an extra ticket.

Hope to see you at the show!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 9, 2013 06:29

Don't buy tickets outside of venues. Many of them are voided or counterfeit.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 9, 2013 07:10

48yearsaRSfan
Good Post for the uninitiated, very helpful Max!

The DC Law (Cannot sell within so many feet of the venue doors) was lobbied for and by Stadium/Arena owners so that the unsold tickets at the boxoffice inside will be sold and you and I stuck with an extra ticket are punished severely. They should prohibit over face value sales and help out the little guys stuck with an extra ticket.

Hope to see you at the show!

My pleasure to help out, In the last 20 years I have probably have bought more of my concert tickets outside the venue, from pro scalpers, than any other way... until Craigslist came around, now I buy about 1/2 my tickets from people selling on CL. It works great.

One time I was talking on the phone to a Craigslist scalper about maybe buying tickets to a Foo Fighter show which was later that night, and prices had crashed ($40 for an 80.00 ticket) and the guy tells me he is driving to meet someone and can meet me afterwards, and he tells me where he is at and where he is meeting the other people.... and....

And it turns out the guy is about to coincidentally drive right by my house.... so I tell him that.... And I keep talking to him, and I direct/guide him right into my driveway. I hang up and I walk out to his car, in my driveway, and buy the ticket for $40.00 bucks delivered (yeah, only one ticket, no one else I know wanted to go, bunch of party poopers)... ANYWAY!!! VOILA!!! Best scalper purchase EVER! Here is some Video I captured that night (wow?, 5 years ago already? my how time flies)

WTF? That video is almost 9 minutes long, but for some reason is cutting off early? weird.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 07:24 by Max'sKansasCity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home