Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: New BOXSET : Hampton 81
Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 10, 2014 20:40

Is this concert so different from hal ashby movie?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 10, 2014 20:50

Those two are worlds apart. They actually have the same director, but while the LSTNT movie is almost unwatchable (mostly ruined by the work of the director), Hampton is arguably the best video of a Rolling Stones concert ever. Well, Some Girls are great too, but Hampton is Hampton.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: July 11, 2014 16:06

tioms
What do you think about a compleet Knebworth 1976?
Yes,a cd/DVD package like Fort Worth would be great!

Date: July 11, 2014 16:10

Listening to Hampton 81 confirms why charlie and Bill Wyman made the Stones possible. And why we miss him nowadays.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 11, 2014 16:19

"Welcome Hampton!!" is my Proust's madeleine that brings me back to the summer 1982 in France. There was a little "boite de nuit" that used to play videos of Hampton on a big screen every night. Just fantastic.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: July 11, 2014 21:36

Happy24
Those two are worlds apart. They actually have the same director, but while the LSTNT movie is almost unwatchable (mostly ruined by the work of the director), Hampton is arguably the best video of a Rolling Stones concert ever. Well, Some Girls are great too, but Hampton is Hampton.

So true. I saw LSTNT in a theater after it came out and it was a big disappointment (jarring cut-away shots, edited songs, etc.). Although I had taped the Hampton show off the radio, it wasn't until a few years later I picked up a bootleg VHS copy and finally got to see it...it blows LSTNT away.

Date: July 21, 2014 07:31

Great... ABKCo had the video for UMT taken down...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 21, 2014 08:31

When is it out?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 21, 2014 13:49

Hampton blows what away? No no no. Lets spend the night is better but some songs are better on Hamptons, like Shattered (one of the best versions ever and one of Ronnies best solos - Hey Dandie! cool smiley).

Yes it's a strange and distant video but I like it.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 21, 2014 14:57

On the subject of 1981 DVDs, what's the difference between LSTNT and Rocks Off?

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: July 21, 2014 15:21

On Rocks of you have got one song more than on LSTNT. When the whip comes down.

Posted by: AllAboutYours ()
Date: July 21, 2014 17:37

and you can watch band playing on Time is on my side instead of those ugly clips in LSTNT movie.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 21, 2014 17:45

...What is "Rocks off"? Not an official release, or is it? I only ever heard of LSTNT...

Date: July 21, 2014 18:41

RoughJusticeOnYa
...What is "Rocks off"? Not an official release, or is it? I only ever heard of LSTNT...

According to Wikipedia, it's the German version of LSTNT from 1982. It had slightly different footage and included 'When the Whip Comes Down'.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 21, 2014 18:53

I remember how lame LSTNT was. Especially the thin sound. Just because it was on VHS doesn't mean that the sound had to be so poor. Compare it with "Hail, Hail R&R" for example with its brilliant sound.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: July 21, 2014 22:45

RJOY

ROCKS OFF was the official name in Germany. It was a big thing btw. Posters in the whole city (Berlin), the movie played in the biggest cinema for more then 2 weeks. Something what doesn`t happen anymore. Seeing it on the biggest screens with a super sound system was a thrill at the time.
It was made as a 90 minutes movie. So of course the songs had to be shortened.
For the video market there were rumours that they wanted to make the movie more interesting with some backstage scenes and cutting off WTWCD. But without When the whip comes down the movie wasn`t the same. I still have a Rocks Off vhs and a LSTNT vhs.

Tom

Date: July 21, 2014 23:05

NedKellyBandit
On Rocks of you have got one song more than on LSTNT. When the whip comes down.

Thanks Ned.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 22, 2014 00:05

electricmud
RJOY

ROCKS OFF was the official name in Germany. It was a big thing btw. Posters in the whole city (Berlin), the movie played in the biggest cinema for more then 2 weeks. Something what doesn`t happen anymore. Seeing it on the biggest screens with a super sound system was a thrill at the time.
It was made as a 90 minutes movie. So of course the songs had to be shortened.
For the video market there were rumours that they wanted to make the movie more interesting with some backstage scenes and cutting off WTWCD. But without When the whip comes down the movie wasn`t the same. I still have a Rocks Off vhs and a LSTNT vhs.

Tom

...cheerz (y'all)!
DVD - and, maybe, BluRay?! - releases of that available?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 22, 2014 00:55

But to reestablish the initial question: Are there any plans for a new Hampton box-set?

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 22, 2014 01:00

Probably not

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: July 22, 2014 03:28

Rocks Off was the one that was shown in norwegian cinemas also.

Per Arne

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 22, 2014 04:05

Funny, rocks off isn't even in the film

Date: July 22, 2014 04:26

Gooo
Funny, rocks off isn't even in the film

That's what I thought, too...

Posted by: LouisianaSwamp ()
Date: July 22, 2014 04:45

Turning To Gold
I kind of blame the Genesis books people for all this. It seems that all these elite heavy rock stars (Page, Clapton, Bowie, the Stones, the Who) did books with the Genesis people, it became a fad with them, and ever since then, the prices on the limited edition, box sets of memorabilia-heavy reproductions with lavish book type items, by these groups has completely gone through the roof. $750 for the Brussells Box is insane.

I think the instigator of the trend was George Harrison back in 1980 when he published with Genesis a limited edition (of 2,000) signed copies of I ME MINE. That's why John Lennon said—not quite accurately—in Playboy, "He [George] put a book out privately." Later it was published as a standard, affordable, book.

Below: the Genesis I ME MINE:

Date: July 22, 2014 13:01

Stoneage
But to reestablish the initial question: Are there any plans for a new Hampton box-set?

I don't know about a box set but the info further back suggested a standard DVD release from Eagle Rock at some point. Maybe we'll get some more news in the autumn. I'd trade up my bootleg for an official product.

Hampton 81
Posted by: Rob Hulse ()
Date: August 12, 2014 17:57

Re: Hampton 81
Posted by: biggzee ()
Date: August 12, 2014 18:16

Rob Hulse
[www.spincds.com]

Just seen that myself, released on 3rd November apparently!

[www.eagle-rock.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-12 18:19 by biggzee.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: August 12, 2014 18:17

thanks great news !

Key Selling Points

Simultaneous release on DVD, SD Blu-ray, DVD+2CD and DVD+3LP.

The Rolling Stones profile remains extremely high following their 50th Anniversary tour and releases

Full length 2½ hour concert of The Rolling Stones performing at their very best.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: August 12, 2014 18:22

Excellent thumbs up

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: August 12, 2014 18:27

Great!!!
Can't wait for Christmas. >grinning smiley<

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2110
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home