Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Abba museum to open in Sweden
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: May 6, 2013 18:59

A traveling exhibit on Swedish pop group Abba will get a permanent home when "Abba the Museum" opens as part of the Swedish music hall of fame in Stockholm next spring, The Associated Press reports.
The ABBAWORLD exhibit toured Europe and Australia between 2009-11, and is filled with the band's stage costumes, instruments and other memorabilia.
Former band member Björn Ulvaeus announced the museum plans today. Ulvaeus said that while he hopes his fellow members Agnetha Fältskog, Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad would attend the opening, he ruled out any possibility of a stage reunion.

"We are the only group of that status that has never been reunited. I think that is cool," Ulvaeus said at a press conference. "It is a strength for Abba that you remember those young, ambitious, energetic people during the Seventies rather than some feeble old folks who feel compelled to get up and play all the time."
Plans for some kind of Abba museum have long been considered, though previous attempts ended up falling through. This time, though, things are moving ahead, with the museum's home already under construction near a theme park on Djurgarden, an island in central Stockholm.
Although Ulvaeus noted that he had been apprehensive about becoming "a museum artifact before I'm dead," he added that he liked the idea of Abba being included in a hall of fame that celebrated other Swedish musicians.

Group members went back into their closets to dig up some of their more outrageous costumes to strengthen the exhibit: "I had one costume that I particularly remember that was some kind of Superman leotard with a cape," said Ulvaeus. "It makes me sick when I see it."

Re: OT: Abba museum to open in Sweden
Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: May 6, 2013 22:42

Thanks for posting, one of the best pop groups/songwriters ever.

Where is the Stones museum?

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:47

I've never undersood the attraction...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:53

Looks boring to me. Seems about 20 years too late to come up with this idea. I'm sure it will be a tourist trap in Stockholm though.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 7, 2013 04:46

Somehow, I don't see making a trip to this place ever making it onto my bucket list.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 7, 2013 06:23

steffiestones
[/URL]

Looks like an 8th grade science project.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 7, 2013 07:52

Stoneage
Looks boring to me. Seems about 20 years too late to come up with this idea. I'm sure it will be a tourist trap in Stockholm though.

It's more than just ABBA. Roxette, The Hives and Soundtrack of our Lives is also represented in one or another way I've read....and many more exciting Swedish Pop-groups....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 7, 2013 08:23

Figures.
That's what I get for thinking they were gone.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2013 08:27

I`m kind of shocked there wasn`t one already...wasn`t ABBA the second largest grossing Swedish export, after Volvo at one point?

And yeah, that 'exhibit' looked a little amateurish.

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: May 7, 2013 09:57

Great great band. They created some excellent pop songs. The arrangements are always top notch. And though some of their biggest hits are almost 40 years old (Dancing Queen, Knowing You Knowing me, Take a Chance on me, etc., pp.) they still sound fresh and relevant. Their producer, Michael Treptow, who produced and engineered all their songs did a hell of a job and is probably one of the most underrated producers of all time.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 7, 2013 11:15

VT22

...in Lüchow, Niedersaksen (Germany).
CHECK

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 7, 2013 11:23

RoughJusticeOnYa
VT22

...in Lüchow, Niedersaksen (Germany).
CHECK

Nothing in Dartford?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:47

Abba definately deserve their place in music.

Brings back great memorys of my younger days.

Their oldies still seem fresh,the same as The Stones classics. winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:43

Glammy
Great great band. They created some excellent pop songs. The arrangements are always top notch. And though some of their biggest hits are almost 40 years old (Dancing Queen, Knowing You Knowing me, Take a Chance on me, etc., pp.) they still sound fresh and relevant. Their producer, Michael Treptow, who produced and engineered all their songs did a hell of a job and is probably one of the most underrated producers of all time.

thumbs up

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: May 7, 2013 18:16

Yes, i always love Abba, they have make great music!

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 7, 2013 23:07

Glammy

I totally agree, and I live in Finland.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1392
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home