Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Satisfaction
Posted by: Diplomat ()
Date: May 6, 2013 13:28

6th May 1965, In their Clearwater, Florida hotel room, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards worked out the opening guitar riff of 'Satisfaction', following Richard's purchase of a Gibson fuzz-box earlier that day. The song is considered to be one of the all-time greatest rock songs ever recorded. In 2004 Rolling Stone magazine placed 'Satisfaction' in the second spot on its list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

More [www.thisdayinmusic.com]

Re: Satisfaction
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 6, 2013 13:32

Diplomat
6th May 1965, In their Clearwater, Florida hotel room, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards worked out the opening guitar riff of 'Satisfaction', following Richard's purchase of a Gibson fuzz-box earlier that day.

That's pretty close to 100% inaccurate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-06 13:35 by with sssoul.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: May 6, 2013 13:58

Didn't Stu actually purchase it for Keith?

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 6, 2013 15:35

Nobody knows who wrote the riff.

Keith woke up and it was on the tape with lots of zzzzzzz's.

I think angels wrote it.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 6, 2013 16:21

[en.wikipedia.org]–Dozier–Holland
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nowhere_to_Run_(song)

wrote the riff. Or whoever arranged the horns on Nowhere to run.

Re: The Department of Historical Accuracy
Date: May 6, 2013 18:17

nankerphlege
Didn't Stu actually purchase [the fuzzbox] for Keith?

Yes, and not until they were in the studio recording the second take.

GravityBoy
Nobody knows who wrote the riff. Keith woke up and it was on the tape with lots of zzzzzzz's.

And that happened in London, not Clearwater. What they did in Clearwater was work on lyrics.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 6, 2013 18:21

This is the actual quote from that website:

On this day 10th July 1965, The Rolling Stones started a four week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction', the group's first chart-topper there. In the UK, the song was initially played only on pirate radio stations because its lyrics were considered too sexually suggestive.

Two months earlier, Keith Richards recorded a rough version of the riff in a hotel room in Florida, running through it once before falling asleep. He later said when he listened back to it in the morning, there was about two minutes of acoustic guitar before you could hear him drop the pick and then Richards snoring for the next forty minutes. the following day, Keith Richards worked out the opening guitar riff of ‘Satisfaction’, following his purchase of a Gibson Maestro fuzzbox.

Re:The Department of Historical Accuracy
Date: May 6, 2013 18:48

Well, it's still wrong! Have some popcorn.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 6, 2013 22:53

At this point I've heard so many different stories, including from the same person, that I'm starting to think nobody knows the details here. Keith's version of events from "Life" say he wrote it in London, Mick wrote the lyrics in Florida, an acoustic version recorded in Chicago, then the fuzz box was purchased and the version we know recorded in Hollywood.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home