Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I drove a college kid home from the airport today...
Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 6, 2013 03:36

I drive for a door-to-door airport shuttle service. One of my passengers today, a 19-year old clean cut kid named Eric, comes waltzing out of the terminal with a Stones shirt on. He had flown in from Burbank (near LA), so I asked him if he was at the show. He was, and he was blown away by the performance. He paid $450 for some nice seats, since he felt it would be his last chance to see them, and went with his mom. He said he's never seen them live, but his mom had, "like 90 or 100 times". Anyway, since some of the discussion here is about how the young folk soak up the old Stones, I thought it worth posting. He couldn't believe their energy (yes, "for their age"), and also gave high praise for Emotional Rescue, crediting Mick for keeping the audience into it for such a repetititive song. His mom had obviously already turned him onto them, so he wasn't a newbie, but his excitement moved me.

Re: I drove a college kid home from the airport today...
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 6, 2013 03:44

Nice story carlorossi, thanks for sharing.

Date: May 6, 2013 03:49

Thanks for posting! I live in a college town and I see a lot of young folks wearing Stones T-Shirts. I'm glad the $85 seats were released. Hopefully more broke college students can afford tickets now...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 6, 2013 04:02

carlorossi
I drive for a door-to-door airport shuttle service. One of my passengers today, a 19-year old clean cut kid named Eric, comes waltzing out of the terminal with a Stones shirt on. He had flown in from Burbank (near LA), so I asked him if he was at the show. He was, and he was blown away by the performance. He paid $450 for some nice seats, since he felt it would be his last chance to see them, and went with his mom. He said he's never seen them live, but his mom had, "like 90 or 100 times". Anyway, since some of the discussion here is about how the young folk soak up the old Stones, I thought it worth posting. He couldn't believe their energy (yes, "for their age"), and also gave high praise for Emotional Rescue, crediting Mick for keeping the audience into it for such a repetititive song. His mom had obviously already turned him onto them, so he wasn't a newbie, but his excitement moved me.

smileys with beer AND BOOM!!!!
One post, regarding how a younger person feel/acts about the Stones, NEGATES EVERY SINGLE NEGATIVE claim ever made here about The Stones. Thank you for telling the story.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 6, 2013 04:26

Neat story! Glad his mother raised him properly.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 6, 2013 04:30

Max'sKansasCity
carlorossi

One post, regarding how a younger person feel/acts about the Stones, NEGATES EVERY SINGLE NEGATIVE claim ever made here about The Stones. Thank you for telling the story.

All of them Max? Are you sure?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 6, 2013 04:37

uhbuhgullayew
Max'sKansasCity
carlorossi

All of them Max? Are you sure?

We can always "proof it", bring on the geometry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-06 04:38 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 6, 2013 11:26

carlorossi

Nice story. Similar to when I took my 16 year old son to the O2 in November. He was blown away.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 6, 2013 13:23

And there are going to be huge numbers of younger music fans at Glastonbury, who didn't even know they were going to be seeing the Stones when they bought their tickets. I'm so happy that they're doing that show at last.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 6, 2013 18:33

carlorossi

Too bad there aren't more 19 year old college kids that can fly up for the weekend to see Stones gigs. Might have helped with the sales.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1648
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home