Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Come What May !!!!! - If you are a True Stones fan wish them all the best Here !!
Posted by: maxx ()
Date: May 4, 2013 04:48

I Cannot wish....

I already know they are the BEST cool smiley

Re: Come What May !!!!! - If you are a True Stones fan wish them all the best Here !!
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 4, 2013 04:53

Munichhilton
Keith on Tele....do it to it tonight my man!

- Words of a true fan!!!!!!!!

Posted by: tiffjagger ()
Date: May 4, 2013 04:54

Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie and Mick T. have a blast tonight! I know you will.cool smiley You are the greatest and always will be. xoxo

Date: May 4, 2013 05:07

Stones concerts today are like waiting up on election night to get the latest results! For those of us that can't attend that is! Thank God for the internet and sites like this! I can hardly stand it! I feel like I am there! And are we gonna see the drummers tonight?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 4, 2013 05:54

i like the drummers

what fun it would be to do that for a Stones show

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 4, 2013 05:55

Cheers to the Stones! smileys with beer

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:41

...Charlie's good tonite, inie?!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 4, 2013 12:01

I wish you all the best, I hope we meet again

- on a hot Hyde Park night...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 4, 2013 14:18

I'm sure they appreciate all the best wishes from all people who pay 600 dollars for a ticket. Apart from them....a well-wish here on IORR is as appreciated to them as a fart in the sky, so no need to shout out well-wishes to the vacuum

Date: May 4, 2013 22:24

I find it interesting to see who doesn't show up on these threads to wish the band well. Usually the same individuals that disappear in the aftermath of yet another Stones victory! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:26

It was a great concert. The encore was knockout. Keith finally shook off the rust. They look and sound dangerous. Loved it.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:00

Wishing present Stones, past Stones, the band, the crew and Stones fans all over the world peace, happines and health. You guys have given me plenty of joy and unforgettable moments since I first heard Start Me Up, it was 1981 and I was 13. See you on 06 07 in Hyde Park. xxx

Date: May 5, 2013 01:16

Come What May

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:42

JumpinJackOLantern
I find it interesting to see who doesn't show up on these threads to wish the band well. Usually the same individuals that disappear in the aftermath of yet another Stones victory! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Great Post !!! I have seen some of the video clips from last night, and am astounded that how great they are holding it together - how can you knock them ? - Has anyone seen a better frontman performance than Mick J - give last night ? on a comparible basis - that was not about $ that was about pride in driving his band.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:57

Tonstone - I will not debate you on that one. Sir Mick is the best front man ever. I saw them in Brooklyn in December and will go to both Boston shows in June and the guy is phenomenal. He delivers everytime I go and keith seems to have made the comeback of comebacks and Ronnie is playing well. Charlie always rock solid. From the video i watched and seen I'd say they pulled it off and usually the more they play the better they get so by Boston they should be soaring!!!!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:07

JumpinJackOLantern
Perhaps we have better things to do with our lives. Should we all say a little prayer and wish them the best of luck? Should we put a candle in the window? Group hug? No thanks.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:13

Well done !!.....On vous souhaite la plus grande reussite pour le tour.....et la suite!!.....

Date: May 5, 2013 02:14

Erik_Snow
I'm sure they appreciate all the best wishes from all people who pay 600 dollars for a ticket. Apart from them....a well-wish here on IORR is as appreciated to them as a fart in the sky, so no need to shout out well-wishes to the vacuum

Erik - you are probably right - but as you are a member of the this board my point was on this post was put your differencies aside for a moment [I respect we all have a comment to make] and wish the band that we all love and visit this board for. 'Best Wishes' to pull it off. After all, we all want to hear some great CD's from the shows.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:30

Am sure you mean well Tonstone...
However, the Rolling Stones have millions of fans throughout the world who do not post on IORR. The Stones are well aware of who and where their fans are.

How long have you been a fan?

Date: May 5, 2013 05:22

GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern
Perhaps we have better things to do with our lives. Should we all say a little prayer and wish them the best of luck? Should we put a candle in the window? Group hug? No thanks.

If you have better things to do with your life why are you even bothering to reply ?. put a candle where you want if it matters that much to you.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 5, 2013 05:25

Where do all the untrue fans post their wishes?

Date: May 5, 2013 05:54

stonesrule
Am sure you mean well Tonstone...
However, the Rolling Stones have millions of fans throughout the world who do not post on IORR. The Stones are well aware of who and where their fans are.

How long have you been a fan?

Stonesrule not sure of your point - but my first concert is Glasgow 1971 - seen them on every European tour since then - have almost every live show circulating, and have a ticket for their [at this moment last official gig]. but since you ask that would be 42 years - so hopefully that entitles me to a balanced opinion - and you ?

Date: May 5, 2013 06:07

71Tele
Where do all the untrue fans post their wishes?

You tell me ? seems like you may know.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 5, 2013 07:14

Tonstone, that's an illustrious history! Glasgow in 71 must have been a wild show.

Posted by: ts ()
Date: May 5, 2013 07:21

My first Rolling Stones show was Boulder Colorado 1979. Never forget. Peter Tosh and Eddie Money opening. Rained. Keep on walking-don't look back.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 5, 2013 08:01

ts
My first Rolling Stones show was Boulder Colorado 1979. Never forget. Peter Tosh and Eddie Money opening. Rained. Keep on walking-don't look back.

1979? really? You had me scatching my head, because my first Stones was also Boulder, but in 1981... and I thought they had not been on tour so recently before that... but sure enough, they played Boulder in 1978, Some Girls tour. I usually dont quote wiki, but in this case I bet it is correct(enough). [en.wikipedia.org]

..... more before
8 July 1978 Chicago, Illinois Soldier Field
10 July 1978 Saint Paul, Minnesota Saint Paul Civic Center
11 July 1978 St. Louis, Missouri Kiel Opera House
13 July 1978 New Orleans, Louisiana Louisiana Superdome
16 July 1978 Boulder, Colorado Folsom Field
18 July 1978 Fort Worth, Texas Will Rogers Memorial Center
19 July 1978 Houston, Texas Sam Houston Coliseum
........more after

Note they didnt bother stoping in KC for that either, again... dang it

Nice set list though-
"Let It Rock"
"All Down the Line"
"Honky Tonk Women"
"Star Star"
"When the Whip Comes Down"
"Beast of Burden"
"Lies"
"Miss You"
"Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me)"
"Shattered"
"Respectable"
"Far Away Eyes"
"Love in Vain"
"Tumbling Dice"
"Happy"
"Sweet Little Sixteen"
"Brown Sugar"
"Jumpin' Jack Flash"
Encore: "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," "Street Fighting Man"

Date: May 5, 2013 17:10

Tonstone
JumpinJackOLantern

Great Post !!! I have seen some of the video clips from last night, and am astounded that how great they are holding it together - how can you knock them ? - Has anyone seen a better frontman performance than Mick J - give last night ? on a comparible basis - that was not about $ that was about pride in driving his band.

Thanks, mate. They are simply the greatest live band in the history of rock 'n roll with the greatest frontman of all time. They have conquered the stage!

Date: May 5, 2013 17:14

JumpinJackOLantern
Tonstone
JumpinJackOLantern

Thanks, mate. They are simply the greatest live band in the history of rock 'n roll with the greatest frontman of all time. They have conquered the stage!

The only thing left to conquer is the Beatles! That is going to require a change in direction right after this tour is over. I would be glad to manage it all from right here at IORR! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 5, 2013 17:24

Best band ever,beating The Beatles,The Who,The Kinks and all the greats from U.K. and U.S.A.

Have a great tour lads,and please keep us fans happy. winking smiley

Posted by: varv ()
Date: May 5, 2013 19:34

Here's to the Rolling Stones and another tour! Been a fan since '64. I first saw them in Champaign '69 and have seen them in every US tour since except '72(couldn't get tickets). I won't be able to make any of the upcoming shows but I live in hope they will continue the "50 and Counting" tour and hit the Midwest,South,etc. later on. Welcome back Mr. Taylor!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home