Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Coming To West Coast In A Whirlwind Of Controversy! Just Like Old Times!
Date: May 3, 2013 09:43

Seems like old times. The Stones caught up in a crossfire hurricane of controversy! Message boards have been lit up for weeks in anticipation! Will the Stones be embarrassed in front of the entire world and play to thousands of empty seats? Or, will they rock (and shock) the world to a packed house? We will have our answer in less than 24 hours! One thing is for certain, tomorrow is going to be filled with suspense. Just like old times. I am getting goosebumps just thinking about it! All things considered what are your feelings about tomorrow? Are you fearful that the Stones could be embarrassed in front of the entire world?

Re: Stones Coming To West Coast In A Whirlwind Of Controversy! Just Like Old Times!
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 3, 2013 09:47

Nope. Whatever they sell for, all seats will be filled--never a doubt. smiling smiley There's still mega-demand even if there isn't mega-money.

Re: Stones Coming To West Coast In A Whirlwind Of Controversy! Just Like Old Times!
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 3, 2013 10:10

They'll give away tickets to avoid having empty seats. How many though? I wouldn't think too many.

Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: May 3, 2013 10:25

The Rolling Stones performing on stage has never been embarrasing. If they have to
dump a bunch of $85 tickets,they will get the job done.I will be there rocking
with my $85 tickets in about 20 hours!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 3, 2013 10:34

... except that in the 60's controversy stemmed from the fact they were considered anti-establishment.

Forward to 2013 : controversy stems from the fact they are considered far too pro-establishment!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 3, 2013 10:57

True that!

It doesn't seem they released that many $85 tickets last night so either they don't see empty seats as an issue or they got it covered...somehow.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 3, 2013 13:14

dcba
... except that in the 60's controversy stemmed from the fact they were considered anti-establishment.

Forward to 2013 : controversy stems from the fact they are considered far too pro-establishment!

Yes, you're right. But if they were still controversial about the same things 50 years after, that would be silly.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 3, 2013 14:17

JumpinJackOLantern
Seems like old times. The Stones caught up in a crossfire hurricane of controversy! Message boards have been lit up for weeks in anticipation! Will the Stones be embarrassed in front of the entire world and play to thousands of empty seats? Or, will they rock (and shock) the world to a packed house? We will have our answer in less than 24 hours! One thing is for certain, tomorrow is going to be filled with suspense. Just like old times. I am getting goosebumps just thinking about it! All things considered what are your feelings about tomorrow? Are you fearful that the Stones could be embarrassed in front of the entire world?
Can you be more of a drama queen? Thanks.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 3, 2013 14:58

GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern

<<< Can you be more of a drama queen ? >>> grinning smiley thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 3, 2013 16:07

How are they able to come to the west coast when they're already there?

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 3, 2013 19:10

I think most of the controversy is cooked up on these message boards and tends to be exaggerated here as well. I don't think the general public keeps that close of an eye on how many tickets are still for sale nor do I think the bands legacy will be effected by it.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 3, 2013 19:34

FrankM
I think most of the controversy is cooked up on these message boards and tends to be exaggerated here as well. I don't think the general public keeps that close of an eye on how many tickets are still for sale nor do I think the bands legacy will be effected by it.

Furthermore, the general public is unaware there's even a Stones tour taking place.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 3, 2013 19:51

andrewt
FrankM

Furthermore, the general public is unaware there's even a Stones tour taking place.

Maybe some people but they've been mentioned a lot in the news lately here anyway. The surprise show a few days ago got a lot of attention as if they had never done it before.

Date: May 3, 2013 20:44

Aquamarine
Nope. Whatever they sell for, all seats will be filled--never a doubt. smiling smiley There's still mega-demand even if there isn't mega-money.

I think they should hit all the LA beaches today and hand out free tickets to as many drop dead gorgeous women as possible!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 3, 2013 20:49

frankotero
They'll give away tickets to avoid having empty seats. How many though? I wouldn't think too many.

It's impossible to avoid having empty seats at a Stones concert! Who is seated at a Stones concert?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Gonna be a hot time in the old town tonight!

Date: May 3, 2013 20:49

69firebird
The Rolling Stones performing on stage has never been embarrasing. If they have to

Enjoy!

Date: May 3, 2013 20:50

dcba

True.

Date: May 3, 2013 20:53

rollmops
dcba

Yes, you're right. But if they were still controversial about the same things 50 years after, that would be silly.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Back then they were loved by their fans and scorned by the media and general public. Today, they are loved by the media and general public and scorned by their fans!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 3, 2013 20:58

GumbootCloggeroo
How are they able to come to the west coast when they're already there?

With the Stones, all things are possible!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 3, 2013 20:59

GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern

Absolutely! I save the best for my momma!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 3, 2013 21:03

andrewt
FrankM

Are you kidding? The vultures are out looking to swoop in if there is more than five empty seats tonight!

Date: May 3, 2013 21:06

JumpinJackOLantern
69firebird

Enjoy!

I have no doubt that they will deliver another outstanding performance, but how do you think the fans are going to perform tonight?

Date: May 3, 2013 21:11

JumpinJackOLantern
Aquamarine

I think they should hit all the LA beaches today and hand out free tickets to as many drop dead gorgeous women as possible!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Did I forget to mention the shopping malls?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:17

JumpinJackOLantern
Back then they were loved by their fans and scorned by the media and general public. Today, they are loved by the media and general public and scorned by their fans!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

True that!
smileys with beer

Still, my anger towards them has started to subside. Yes, I think the prices are outrageous (and I will NOT pay them). But in 5-10 years (? no idea obviously) when it's all over, this tour will always be that curiosity for me, the one time they had to prove themselves. THe last hurrah. I'm going to take a walk and listen to some more recent boots and let that soak in.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: shakeydeal ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:31

I don't think the media, outside of Forbes and music press, have an opinion one way or the other about the band. That's even more the case for the general public. Time marches on...

Date: May 3, 2013 21:36

jamesfdouglas
JumpinJackOLantern

True that!
smileys with beer

Still, my anger towards them has started to subside. Yes, I think the prices are outrageous (and I will NOT pay them). But in 5-10 years (? no idea obviously) when it's all over, this tour will always be that curiosity for me, the one time they had to prove themselves. THe last hurrah. I'm going to take a walk and listen to some more recent boots and let that soak in.

I will be happy if we get a DVD in six months or so that covers '50 and Counting. The nice thing about a DVD is you can fast forward past whatever you don't want to hear. I am sure we will get at least a few rarities over these next two months to make the DVD more than a bargain. I lucked out. They are not coming my way this time around so I don't have to worry about the cost of tickets. Although, I have saved since the last tour just in case.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 3, 2013 22:52

Here in LA there were reports on local news of the place not selling out and that they were going to lower prices. I was pissed that I didn't get in on the $85 tickets yesterday, assuming they were going to notify the people that registered via e-mail the day of the show, today. I don't know if they are ever going to notify people individually. Thanks to Bye Bye Johnny I got tipped they were selling the $85ers again right now, so I got on there and did score some GA5-Pit(s). There was no way I was going to be able to go at the higher prices. I'm a little humbled and maybe a little sad, thinking that this indeed might the last time....

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 3, 2013 23:25

Who cares if the place is sold out? It is going to be a friggin great show regardless! With all the music people in LA there will be all of rock's royalty there just like the Monterey Pop Festival so long ago. The band will be aware of this and perform to a higher standard, imho. peace

Date: May 3, 2013 23:28

Naturalust
Who cares if the place is sold out?
Some fans do. Didn't you hear? The Stones are supposed to beat U2 for the all-time record in money for a tour and therefore be declared the greatest thing in the history of time. It's a competition!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 3, 2013 23:35

GumbootCloggeroo
Naturalust
Who cares if the place is sold out?
Some fans do. Didn't you hear? The Stones are supposed to beat U2 for the all-time record in money for a tour and therefore be declared the greatest thing in the history of time. It's a competition!

To me that is about as important as who can play the most notes in 4 bars of solo. And to compare the Stones to U2 is rather insulting, nothing personal but c'mon man, the music is what matters. peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home