Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Please drop She's So Cold from setlist
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 29, 2013 18:48

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 29, 2013 18:49

She's So Moled?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 29, 2013 18:52

She didnt look that cold.... but how about ...

She's so cold....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 29, 2013 18:53

Munichhilton
Whoa.

She's So Cold is one of the most iconic Rolling Stones songs to hit vinyl in the last half of their career...just the guitar tone is worth the cost of the release...it's repeated live appearances have been welcomed by Stones fans for decades...you sir sound like a Beatles fan...please find the proper forum for that nonsense

smileys with beer

Date: April 29, 2013 18:55

I'm so hot for it but ronkeith's so cold!

Date: April 29, 2013 18:55

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Whoa.

She's So Cold is one of the most iconic Rolling Stones songs to hit vinyl in the last half of their career...just the guitar tone is worth the cost of the release...it's repeated live appearances have been welcomed by Stones fans for decades...you sir sound like a Beatles fan...please find the proper forum for that nonsense

smileys with beer

Buy that man a Keystone... and that man a Molson.... respectfullysmileys with beer

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 18:58

ronkeith72
With all due respect, PLEASE stop playing this ridiculously lame fraeaking tune. It sucked when it came out and its legend has grown to the point where it has somehow gotten worse. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Mick, lose this tune forever, its beyond lame!!!

Does it really matter what songs they actually play? Surely it's how they play them that counts (and for that matter the fact that some of us are going to be lucky enough to see them playing anything at all - in their 50th year!)

Anyway, personally I love She's so cold. Not a classic maybe - but it's got lovely guitar playing on it from K & R, a great Jagger vocal - and Charlie Watts/ Bill Wyman rhythm section . What's not to like?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-29 18:59 by Roll73.

Date: April 29, 2013 19:02

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Whoa.

smileys with beer

Buy that man a Keystone... and that man a Molson.... respectfullysmileys with beer

Only if I can buy you a Boulevard Max!

Date: April 29, 2013 19:07

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Whoa.

smileys with beer

Is that what Max drinks?

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 19:11

Should have been a single backed by She Was Hot...to make a point. Songs not worthy of mature artists. It's either the band playing down to the audience or a band with nothing to say musically or lyrically.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 29, 2013 19:15

Munichhilton

Miss You is one of my 6 pee break songs...

6 breaks? You should have your prostate checked!

pmk251
Should have been a single backed by She Was Hot...to make a point. Songs not worthy of mature artists. It's either the band playing down to the audience or a band with nothing to say musically or lyrically.

and Brown Sugar is rocket science?

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Whoa.

smileys with beer

ITS A DEAL!!
"Unfiltered Wheat" please (made about 5 miles from my house)

Date: April 29, 2013 19:18

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Whoa.

smileys with beer

ITS A DEAL!!

Looks a little stout for me...can you mail me one? I need a proper opinion...

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 29, 2013 19:19

This thread is stupid. They throw in a lesser played and underrated rocker and you ask for them to ditch it? Might as well start a thread where you tell them to stop taking chances. Stupid.

Date: April 29, 2013 19:23

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Whoa.

smileys with beer

ITS A DEAL!!

Looks a little stout for me...can you mail me one? I need a proper opinion...

The next "Modern Marvel" we need it the ability to buy each beers and drinks on the internet world wide... I thought 3D printing was it, but saddly not..... but hopefully soon.

Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat is not all that stout, it was actually my suitable replacement for Budwesier, when Budweiser sold out to the commies. I was loyal to Bud from the Voodoo lounge until the company sale.... I still need to unload all my Bud crap.

Date: April 29, 2013 19:24

flacnvinyl
This thread is stupid. They throw in a lesser played and underrated rocker and you ask for them to ditch it? Might as well start a thread where you tell them to stop taking chances. Stupid.

You are Correct Sir!

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 19:25

Munichhilton
Whoa.

Agreed. Thank you.

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 22:28

Are u kidding, their best period. The album Emotional Rescue is the biggest hold of crap they have EVER done.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 29, 2013 22:28

24FPS
I love the song but it has never quite come across live. Bill's rubber band bass is hard to replicate on stage, and especially without Bill. Plus Charlie's trash can lid cymbals on the studio cut.

Rubber bands? Trash can lids?

Next thing you're going to say is that the guitar solo is copper wiring.

It's Only Rubber Roll....

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: April 29, 2013 22:32

flacnvinyl

Totally agreed!!!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 29, 2013 22:40

HUH???

I was very glad to see them do it in 2005. It's a FUN song. Fun video too.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: April 29, 2013 22:48

i like the song but i agree with others that its played too slow along with a few other songs that were mentioned in this thread

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:21

It's a matter of personal taste. I can't stand YGMR ,but they won't put that dog down.

Personally I can't understand why they don't do the truly awesome " Beast of Burden" every gig.

sc uk

Date: April 29, 2013 23:24

straycatuk
It's a matter of personal taste. I can't stand YGMR ,but they won't put that dog down.

Personally I can't understand why they don't do the truly awesome " Beast of Burden" every gig.

sc uk

They just haven't been able to nail down Beast of Burden since Mick forgot the words...he's sorry

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:28

..I like it..and studio version is great...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:38

stonehearted
24FPS
I love the song but it has never quite come across live. Bill's rubber band bass is hard to replicate on stage, and especially without Bill. Plus Charlie's trash can lid cymbals on the studio cut.

No, that would be stupid of me.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:45

I love SHE'S SO COLD. But just because they've never done it live yet, I'd prefer they did SHE'S SO COLD 2: TOO TIGHT. Love both.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:51

24FPS
stonehearted
24FPS

No, that would be stupid of me.

Well, whatever household objects you may find strewn about the garage to put a garage band together.

Say, there's a certain keyboard player who, when his piano goes plinkety-plink, is like marbles being dropped on a glass table....

Posted by: bustabutton ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:51

Put on a pair of headphones and take a listen to the original. It's one of the best examples of guitar "weaving" that I've come across. Absolutely love She's So Cold!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2299
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home