Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Brown Sugar Echoplex vid
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 30, 2013 01:18

Carnaby
andrewt
straycatuk
andrewt
straycatuk
TheBlockbuster
But atleast on the BTB-tour this song had a nice ''groove''. This is nothing but slow.

If you say so. BTW half of the Licks tour versions were butchered by an over lubricated Keith. Check them out.

The groove will be back...............This is a rehearsal gig.

sc uk

The Stones should be able to nail Brown Sugar by now...let's be real.

I'm been real when I say the Stones always have to relearn every song to some extent . They don't play often enough and probably listen to studio versions of songs to remind themselves, hence the slower, correct tempos.

sc uk

They started that a half a year ago in Bondy and since then have had dozens of rehearsals and seven actual shows, so I'm not really sure how long people can keep rationalizing these performances. Plus it's not the tempo that's the issue, it's the lack of a groove that makes this version a chore to watch. I want to like it but it's really off. Way off.

I think if we heard a proper mix, we would all feel differently. In regards to tempo, if you like slow, listen to the 1970 Roundhouse boot. If you like fast, listen to the 1973 Hawaii boot. Myself I tend to like slow/medium tempo. If you speed songs up, they can lose swing and chunkiness.

I'm sure we are missing a lot with the low quality video.
I still feel that intangible "swing" is missing somehow, but who knows, if the drums were more audible in the clip it might be different.

Date: April 30, 2013 04:39

jebus. ya'll quit yer bitchen. (tempo to slow ..blah blah blah..)

these guys are 70 ok?

my grampa could barely get off the couch at that age goddammit, and in his day he was a pro footballer

i m 53

these guys are a ^%$#@#@#$ inspiration to us all

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: April 30, 2013 06:18

alimente
GravityBoy
TheBlockbuster
Too slow for me. If you compare the 2012/13 versions of this song with the hi-energy licks-tour versions you may wonder what happended to this band.

The studio version is 126 bpm.

The echoplex version is 126 bpm.

Too slow?

It's not "too slow". The problem is that is does not swing. It sounds like ramshackle mess. But, hey, it's a rehearsal gig and they probably need to get some rust off after months of inactivity.

There is a point where Mick grabs Ron by the shoulder and shakes him kind of hard. It didn't look like kidding around, more like trying to get him to snap out of it. I wonder if he was trying to tell him he was messing something up.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 30, 2013 06:27

Lackluster...

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: April 30, 2013 13:17

To me all these recent clips sound clunky there's just no groove there. Shame

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 30, 2013 13:23

KRiffhard
Carnaby

Waiting for Little Queenie...

2:32 - 4:04
Band on fire. Keef Riffhard is back.

Exactly my thoughts, Keith is tearing it apart!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home