Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Scottish singer/songwriter Emeli Sandé breaks Beatles UK Top 10 album streak
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:01

For 50 years, the record for most consecutive weeks for an album in the UK Top 10 charts has stood with the debut album by The Beatles, Please Please Me.

This week, Scottish singer/songwriter Emeli Sandé has broken the record held by The Beatles with her debut album, Our Version of Events (released on 13 February 2012 by Virgin Records), which has now spent 63 consecutive weeks in the UK Top 10 album charts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-29 00:04 by stonehearted.

Re: Scottish singer/songwriter Emeli Sandé breaks Beatles UK Top 10 album streak
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:02

Do they still have charts?

Re: OT: Scottish singer/songwriter Emeli Sandé breaks Beatles UK Top 10 album streak
Date: April 29, 2013 00:28

The first single from the album Our Version of Events was Heaven (released 12 August 2011), which debuted on the UK Singles Chart at #2.

Re: OT: Scottish singer/songwriter Emeli Sandé breaks Beatles UK Top 10 album streak
Date: April 29, 2013 01:10

Emeli Sandé performing her debut single Heaven on Later with Jools Holland on 20 September 2011

and in the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge in August 2011

Posted by: Steen G ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:23

Did UK miss Gangnam Style?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:24

Steen G

No, unfortunately.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:32

Not for nothing.......but back when the Beatles were doing Please Please Me there was a lot of other great stuff coming out. Nowadays not so much. IMO the last 13 years have been particularly horrendous.

Date: April 29, 2013 01:59

Ironically, the album that breaks the Beatles' record for consecutive weeks in the UK Top 10 contains a cover of a solo recording by a former Beatle.

A re-release of the album on 22 October 2012 featured three new tracks, including a cover of John Lennon's Imagine.

Sandé performed Imagine at the London Olympics closing ceremony in 2012.

Video link with audio at: [www.dailymotion.com]

Emeli Sandé at London Olympics opening ceremony 2012.

Emeli Sandé at London Olympics closing ceremony 2012.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:14

His Majesty
Steen G

No, unfortunately.

UK probably missed this Super Bowl commercial though spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 29, 2013 09:02

Impressing! I wonder also if the first track on her debut album can match a song like 'I saw her standing there'....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 29, 2013 09:28

Unfortunately she's pretty boring.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 29, 2013 09:37

Silver Dagger
Unfortunately she's pretty boring.

Totally agree.

They were ramming here down our throats every chance they got last year (Olympics, Jubliee etc...) I never saw what was supposed to be so great.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 29, 2013 17:01

I checked-out a few videos on You Tube after spotting this thread. Yeah, pretty dirge-like. Not for me, thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2155
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home