Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The STONES and the Making of Their Albums
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 20, 2005 23:30

As I posted and discussed earlier:

The STONES have told us, in various interviews: "they each have their own parts designated to them, to work on for an album. Keith, (usually it's Keith who makes these calls) and sometimes Mick, will call Charlie and Ronnie, and tell them to work on certain things). They get together a few times to work on what they all have done, and then, they meet again to lay down the tracks. Later, there may be some kinks to work out, they meet again, they mix, and then the album is released." In addition to the music, Mick and Charlie usually work up the Album design, with input from both Ronnie and Keith in this area.

The Stones also have said, "they worked on and discussed various ideas about this new and forthcoming album, while still on the Licks tour."

The Stones have told us all this in interviews! The above has been their way of working on an album for some time now, it hasn't changed.

The only difference it appears, is the news releases on the subject of the new album: Don Was and Michael Cohl have reported that the "same closeness" that Keith and Mick had in the 60's, has returned in the making of the present album, (they have spent more time together, writing new material, etc).

Cheers

Re: The STONES and the Making of Their Albums
Posted by: Bob Tamp ()
Date: February 21, 2005 00:22

Lets hope it really is true. I remember hearing they worked together quite a bit writing Undercover, Steel Wheels, and BTB so who knows what the real truth is. I guess we just have to wait to pop the new sucker into a cd player. I do hope it is top notch. It really has to be. It's been eight years, and if they put out crap it really is the end for sure as far as creativity goes.

Date: February 21, 2005 06:10

From what I hear, we will be pleasantly surprised with the new album. Thank you for posting, are you here often, I don't recall your name, Bob?

Posted by: Bob Tamp ()
Date: February 21, 2005 07:10

read the board daily, but dont post much

Date: February 21, 2005 09:41

Hope to see ya round here again. Have a good one. You're probably smart not to post much, beings how things go sometimes winking smiley

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: February 21, 2005 20:16

Keep the faith - let the 'boys' get on with the album..... don't expect it to be 'crap' as you call it.

I can only think of one 'bad' album from the Stones in the last 40 years, and even that had 2000 Light Years from Home on it.....

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home