Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Stones Should Close Out Career Performing For Hardcore Fans Only!
Date: April 24, 2013 06:28

OK, I suppose I can live with the warhorses for this one last "fling" with the casual Stones fans. But once this 50 and Counting tour is done then the focus should turn to where it rightfully belongs! To us hardcores! Theaters, clubs, and bars, and nothing but rarities and new songs! All the way to the end! Don't you think we deserve it, Mick?

Re: Stones Should Close Out Career Performing For Hardcore Fans Only!
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 24, 2013 06:31

That's not good enough for me. I demand that they perform in my living room from a setlist I devised especially for the ocassion - for free.

Date: April 24, 2013 06:38

71Tele
That's not good enough for me. I demand that they perform in my living room from a setlist I devised especially for the ocassion - for free.

Tele, you have just described the after life in heaven! Stones heaven.

Date: April 24, 2013 07:07

The casual fans will eventually desert them and all they will have left is us. That's when the fun begins! Probably in five to ten years!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 24, 2013 07:11

isn't it reasonable for them to want to win over new fans instead of catering to hardcore fans who are always demanding more more more? i think that's a fine strategy. unfortunatley with the ticket prices, the younger fans who don't know their music well will struggle to be able to attend.

Date: April 24, 2013 07:16

sonomastone
isn't it reasonable for them to want to win over new fans instead of catering to hardcore fans who are always demanding more more more? i think that's a fine strategy. unfortunatley with the ticket prices, the younger fans who don't know their music well will struggle to be able to attend.

The casual fans days are numbered and today's generation of music fans are not worth trying to win over. Nothing against them but it's too late in the game to be worried about what some teenager thinks of the Rolling Stones.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-24 07:18 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 24, 2013 07:30

I think a lot of us have been wondering when they're going to stop trying to appeal to younger or causual fans. You would think it will end at some point, but still the arenas and stadiums manage to fill up. I don't think there's any chance for them to cater to the hard core fans. Probably the best we can expect is a few rarities in the setlist and short appearances by Mick Taylor.

Date: April 24, 2013 07:33

frankotero
I think a lot of us have been wondering when they're going to stop trying to appeal to younger or causual fans. You would think it will end at some point, but still the arenas and stadiums manage to fill up. I don't think there's any chance for them to cater to the hard core fans. Probably the best we can expect is a few rarities in the setlist and short appearances by Mick Taylor.

You are correct. For this tour we will be lucky to get a bone or two. The good news is that once this tour is over we will hopefully get our new album.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 24, 2013 07:54

Yes, hopefully we will get a new album. I wish they concentrate and put a lot of effort into it, make something great. Basically that's the only way to reach us hard cores at this point. I don't think anyone else cares about a new Stones album. Furthermore, the "casuals" mostly attend concerts to check off a block. This behavior (and free downloading) has caused a lot of degradation within the music scene. This is the way I see it.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 24, 2013 07:56

JumpinJackOLantern
The casual fans will eventually desert them and all they will have left is us. That's when the fun begins! Probably in five to ten years!

No, they will remain ceremonial icons of a treasured by-gone era in music for as long as they can stand on a stage together.

And if ever there should come a time when "all they will have left is us"--that is, the likes of this forum--then whatever they do will never be good enough for most of the "us" that you speak of.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 24, 2013 08:52

The most ridicilous threat on this board. Sorry, but you only think a hard core fan is a die hard cowboy living in the west and no money in his pockets. We have gone through this now for a long period.
Unfortunately the hard core fans died during the last 50 years by being much to close to the butterflies lifted in 1969.

I regret terribly for anybody who can't shell out the money this time. But at the end the die hard cowboy left out in crises did not pay attention enough before the crises and perhaps spent much to much in the good old days instead of saving for the latter joy of the days to come.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 24, 2013 08:56

But at the end the die hard cowboy left out in crises did not pay attention

You mean guys like me mate 21stcentury"WHAT TOUR"stones????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 24, 2013 11:18

And how exactly are you going to keep the young and ignorant and the non-hardcore box-ticking corporate tourists out of these wonderful shows? How dare they want to come in!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 24, 2013 14:13

Another ludicrous thread...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 24, 2013 15:27

How do we qualify?

Bjornulf

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 24, 2013 15:42

bv
How do we qualify?

...I'm sure YOU don't have to worry. winking smiley

Date: April 24, 2013 19:52

frankotero
Yes, hopefully we will get a new album. I wish they concentrate and put a lot of effort into it, make something great. Basically that's the only way to reach us hard cores at this point. I don't think anyone else cares about a new Stones album. Furthermore, the "casuals" mostly attend concerts to check off a block. This behavior (and free downloading) has caused a lot of degradation within the music scene. This is the way I see it.

I agree. They should chart a new path after this tour ends. The path of artists!

Date: April 24, 2013 20:14

bv
How do we qualify?

Clubs and theaters with no pre-sales for tickets should do the trick! First come first serve. And limited warhorses, of course.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 24, 2013 20:23

There's really only one way to find out who is a hardcore fan and who isn't:

Anal probe.

Date: April 24, 2013 20:38

stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern

No, they will remain ceremonial icons of a treasured by-gone era in music for as long as they can stand on a stage together.

And if ever there should come a time when "all they will have left is us"--that is, the likes of this forum--then whatever they do will never be good enough for most of the "us" that you speak of.

Once Mick can no longer "move like Jagger" then the "big shows" come to an end. That day is coming, but how soon it's hard to say. I see them closing out their careers performing in clubs and theaters doing rarities and new songs. Privately they must be getting sick and tired of doing the same old worn out warhorses tour after tour after tour. When people have to stand in line for days to get tickets for clubs to see them then you won't find many casual fans "paying the price" - and I am not talking about the cost of the tickets.

Date: April 24, 2013 20:41

Green Lady
And how exactly are you going to keep the young and ignorant and the non-hardcore box-ticking corporate tourists out of these wonderful shows? How dare they want to come in!

Simple: Make them stand in line for hours (or days) to purchase a ticket at the gate!

Date: April 24, 2013 20:44

stonesrule
Another ludicrous thread...

Until you think about it.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 24, 2013 21:14

JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

Simple: Make them stand in line for hours (or days) to purchase a ticket at the gate!

That lets me out then. And probably most of those who were fans in the 60s.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 24, 2013 22:00

There will be a queue on the North Pole. Wristbands will be handed out to those who have been there for at least two weeks queuing. They will perform in an Igloo and they will do fast numbers only.

The countdown has started, by the way...

Bjornulf

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: April 24, 2013 22:01

What an awful idea.

Date: April 24, 2013 22:29

Green Lady
JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

We don't live in a perfect world, but my point is that there should be no pre-sales for shows. You purchase your tickets at the site on the night of the concert. First come, first serve. Anybody willing to come early to insure a ticket qualifies as a hardcore fan in my eyes. Maybe only allow pre-sales to the handicapped?

It won't effect me because I rarely go to live concerts anymore anyway.

Anyway, like it or not, this is how it's going to end. The Stones will roll on but the big shows will be a thing of the past.

Date: April 24, 2013 22:37

BlackHat
What an awful idea.

The Stones doing rarities and new songs in clubs and theaters in front of their hardcore fans is an awful idea?

Date: April 24, 2013 22:39

bv
There will be a queue on the North Pole. Wristbands will be handed out to those who have been there for at least two weeks queuing. They will perform in an Igloo and they will do fast numbers only.

The countdown has started, by the way...

Sounds like Chicago in October of 2006! I guess we have to say that all those in attendance that night qualified as "hardcore".

Date: April 24, 2013 22:49

Grison

The most ridicilous threat on this board. Sorry, but you only think a hard core fan is a die hard cowboy living in the west and no money in his pockets. We have gone through this now for a long period.
Unfortunately the hard core fans died during the last 50 years by being much to close to the butterflies lifted in 1969.

I regret terribly for anybody who can't shell out the money this time. But at the end the die hard cowboy left out in crises did not pay attention enough before the crises and perhaps spent much to much in the good old days instead of saving for the latter joy of the days to come.

Ridiculous? Like the Stones insisting on lower ticket prices during tour negotiations? That kind of ridiculous? Ha,ha,ha,ha...............

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 24, 2013 23:03

JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady
JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

We don't live in a perfect world, but my point is that there should be no pre-sales for shows. You purchase your tickets at the site on the night of the concert. First come, first serve. Anybody willing to come early to insure a ticket qualifies as a hardcore fan in my eyes. Maybe only allow pre-sales to the handicapped?

It won't effect me because I rarely go to live concerts anymore anyway.

Anyway, like it or not, this is how it's going to end. The Stones will roll on but the big shows will be a thing of the past.

No, you are seeing how it is ending. They don't want to play the blues in small clubs (at least not with each other) they want one last payday.

And, these shows ARE for the hard cores. Who the hell else lays out 600 for a seat or 175 fior a nosebleed?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1359
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home