Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OPENING ACTS???
Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: April 18, 2013 05:53

So..anybody know?>grinning smiley<...will there be an opener for the shows??? and I wonder if Lisa will be doing Gimmie Shelter or will each show have a guest to sing on Gimmie Shelter

Re: OPENING ACTS???
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 18, 2013 07:50

It would be weird not seeing Kanye West opening like he did last time I saw them.

Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: April 18, 2013 08:08

I bet NOT, it should mimic the the show from Nov/Dec and the Stones come right on.

Date: April 18, 2013 08:15

Maybe they cut some of the Monkey drumming? LOL. I would definitely enjoy the intro video of fans though still being there.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 18, 2013 09:55

Alabama Shakes would be great.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 18, 2013 10:43

RollingFreak
Maybe they cut some of the Monkey drumming? LOL. I would definitely enjoy the intro video of fans though still being there.
I would love to have the choir for YCAGWYW. That was great to get finally a close original on stage.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 18, 2013 13:47

I have seen some great opening acts with the Stones. Peter Tosh & Solomon Burke come to mind immediately. Also have seen some not so great openers for them. Third Eye Blind, Motley Crue (sorry, just not my cup of tea & I like some metal). Unless it's like Buddy Guy, Jeff Beck or maybe Gary Clarke Jr I think I'd prefer just to see the Stones play. I like the idea of 2.5 hours like they were doing in December a real lot. Whatever works for the Stones works for me! Little over 3 weeks to Las Vegas! Very cool not having to wait 6 months for the show.cool smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 18, 2013 13:52

forget about it!

Posted by: onlyranr ()
Date: April 18, 2013 14:11

Arcade Fire in Montreal would be awesome !

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 18, 2013 14:30

Metallica
Paul McCartney
Wyman with Rhythm Kings
Ringo with All Starr Band
U2
Springsteen

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 18, 2013 14:55

The Stones really do not need an opening act... The Gorilla drummers and the crowd seemed to Start it up pretty dang good on that last round with no complaints.

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: April 18, 2013 19:49

the shows in December were what they were--those shows had no 85$ tickets---so I think these 18 North American shows will have a totally different set list
and maybe no money drummers---so a good chance of openers---probably who ever is in the area on those dates---
and if they do gimmie shelter I hope Lisa sings her part--dont know why they used MAry J Blige --Gaga--and Folrenced fron the machine last decembe

I have been fantasizing about Patti Smith coming up to sing gimmie shelter with Mick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-19 03:18 by benroyblenkle.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:11

Black Crowes
Faces

Date: April 18, 2013 22:35

Grison
RollingFreak
I would love to have the choir for YCAGWYW. That was great to get finally a close original on stage.
I just assume that is absolutely staying. If its not, I'll be extremely pissed (especially because when I saw them in 06 it was one of the few nights of the dates around me that they didn't play it). I'm being picky, but yeah, play YCAGWYW and play just like the album like you did last fall. I figured it was such a "thing" having to get the choir it was no doubt going to be a staple of this tour.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 19, 2013 04:53

RoughJusticeOnYa

That's the ONLY opener I would sit still for. Being able to skip opening acts is why God invented reserved seating.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 19, 2013 04:59

I hope they don't have any opening band. Waste of time.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 19, 2013 05:01

I couldn't even tell you who the opening acts were at the Stones concerts I've been to. They were always done playing by the time I arrived at my seat.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: April 19, 2013 10:29

The Strypes. As support band they'd be finished early and would have plenty of time for their homework.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 19, 2013 10:55

When Motley Crue opened in Seattle, there was a great Spinal Tap moment. They were doing their big, ugly power ballad with just Vince Neil & Tommy Lee playing keyboards. Vince did a big "C'mon, everybody sing along..." trip. Was met by deathly silence. You could've heard a pin drop. Was very funny. Other openers good & bad I've seen: Sheryl Crow (fantastic!). Lifehouse (hideous!). Alabama Shakes would be cool but I"m hoping for no opener.

Posted by: R ()
Date: April 19, 2013 16:36

There will be no openers. The template was set in November and the new shows will "ape" those.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: April 19, 2013 17:06

Spanish Tony will regale the audience with stories of the shennanigans of Keith & the boys that took place at Nellcote in 1971. Possibly accompanied by a slide show of Tarle's photos.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 19, 2013 19:50

I'd love an opening band and I want Lisa back in her role, singing " Gimme Shelter" w/ Mick. I also hope for a brand new set list, longer with many more gems...hey, anything is possible! They can skip the gorilla drummers, although it was cool. They've had time to come up with a new concept.

Posted by: fyp933 ()
Date: April 20, 2013 02:48

Family & King Crimson for the Hyde Park shows

Date: April 20, 2013 02:53

MILKYWAY
Spanish Tony will regale the audience with stories of the shennanigans of Keith & the boys that took place at Nellcote in 1971. Possibly accompanied by a slide show of Tarle's photos.

We'll have demonstrations of light bulb shooting and blade-showing. Can't wait.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:20

No opening act and no guests please!

Date: April 20, 2013 06:06

slew
No opening act and no guests please!

No backing musicians either. We have Mick Taylor. We don't need them (ok Bobby can stay).

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: April 21, 2013 07:34

crholmstrom
When Motley Crue opened in Seattle, there was a great Spinal Tap moment. They were doing their big, ugly power ballad with just Vince Neil & Tommy Lee playing keyboards. Vince did a big "C'mon, everybody sing along..." trip. Was met by deathly silence. You could've heard a pin drop. Was very funny. Other openers good & bad I've seen: Sheryl Crow (fantastic!). Lifehouse (hideous!). Alabama Shakes would be cool but I"m hoping for no opener.

I was there in Seattle too and I remember that! One or two Crue fans bravely singing along; everyone else amused and silenteye rolling smiley.

Date: April 21, 2013 10:39

71Tele
RoughJusticeOnYa

That's the ONLY opener I would sit still for.

...come to think of it: check out Phantom Limb (uk) also.

[

Gravy Train]

[

In the Pines]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-21 14:19 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Date: April 21, 2013 15:04

RoughJusticeOnYa
71Tele
RoughJusticeOnYa

That's the ONLY opener I would sit still for.

...come to think of it: check out Phantom Limb (uk) also.

...Well, DO check them out;
but forget about'em as an opening act -
apparently (I just read it on their Facebookpage) they've split up last month. =o))

Posted by: atip ()
Date: April 21, 2013 16:13

RollingFreak
It would be weird not seeing Kanye West opening like he did last time I saw them.

Kanye West is an a-s-s-h-o-l-e and his music, if you can call it that, sucks. Let's hope that jerk off doesn't pollute the stage by being invited to open.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1472
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home