Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Does anyone know if Mick Taylor will play more than 1 tune a night?
Posted by: maxx ()
Date: April 16, 2013 18:41

Now that Bill no longer wants to be included, I think it opens the door to Mick T playing atleast 4 songs.

Personally I think He should just be coming out with them (no introductions)and play the whole concert especially Hyde Park.

But with Ronnies recent comment about guests its unlikely He will be on stage the whole show.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 16, 2013 19:08

i think this is all a setup and that MT's back in the fold so that Keith can finally kick him out...he's been pissed for four decades that MT quit on him and now it's finally pay-back time....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 16, 2013 19:22

I don't think they'd drag Taylor around for one song. I'd say likeliest there will be a specific 'Taylor set' of 4 or 5 songs.

If we're lucky, he'll be at the whole gig, but I doubt it.

Date: April 16, 2013 19:27

treaclefingers
I don't think they'd drag Taylor around for one song.

that would be a drag...perhaps they could cart him for one, and drag him for another?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 16, 2013 19:29

If what they want to avoid is commentary about how much better they are/were with Taylor, maybe a short set is not the way to go (because that will invariably be the highlight of the show). Maybe better from that point of view to just have him in the band for the whole set.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 16, 2013 19:32

GRNRBITW
i think this is all a setup and that MT's back in the fold so that Keith can finally kick him out...he's been pissed for four decades that MT quit on him and now it's finally pay-back time....

He certainly has been pissed that long for the reason you mention, but I think he's able to handle it now. At least I hope so. The same goes for Jagger, btw.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 16, 2013 19:37

kleermaker
GRNRBITW

He certainly has been pissed that long for the reason you mention, but I think he's able to handle it now. At least I hope so. The same goes for Jagger, btw.

why do you think they care? I think they were pissed off at him for about ten minutes. Certainly any hard feelings were forgotten decades ago. .

Date: April 16, 2013 19:38

Rokyfan
kleermaker
GRNRBITW

why do you think they care? I think they were pissed off at him for about ten minutes. Certainly any hard feelings were forgotten decades ago. .

you just don't keith like i know keith. you're lucky.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 16, 2013 20:59

GRNRBITW
Rokyfan
kleermaker
GRNRBITW

you just don't keith like i know keith. you're lucky.

residing next door to Keith must have certain advantages, surely? don't you get invited over for sheperd's pie..and an occasional all night party?

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 21:20

Mick Taylor will just play rhythm on Emotional Rescue. Oh, wait, that's false.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 16, 2013 23:41

It would be great if he were there for an extended period of time on stage. I'd like to see him jam and trade licks with Ronnie and Keith. When they give him one song, he HAS to be the only one that goes nuts and it makes it seem like he doesn't fit. If he were there for songs and playing along WITH the guys, it would just give the whole thing a familial closeness which is what I'd love to see. I think it would give Ronnie and Taylor more comfort up there to be playing with each other.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 17, 2013 00:31

RollingFreak
It would be great if he were there for an extended period of time on stage. I'd like to see him jam and trade licks with Ronnie and Keith. When they give him one song, he HAS to be the only one that goes nuts and it makes it seem like he doesn't fit. If he were there for songs and playing along WITH the guys, it would just give the whole thing a familial closeness which is what I'd love to see. I think it would give Ronnie and Taylor more comfort up there to be playing with each other.

that is true, he had to ramp up his performance no pun intended..for his one spot.

it was nothing like the classic Mick Taylor and really weird to see him stalking around the stage with Jagger..

hope to see him back on his post sentry-like..

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: April 17, 2013 00:37

I'm betting he's playing on most of the songs, and I'm hoping they go back to
the taylor era and pull out some of the classics... Sway? CYHMK, Gimme Shelter
Love In Vain,etc.. Can't wait

MLC

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 17, 2013 01:51

I have a feeling we're gonna be sorely disappointed.

Date: April 17, 2013 02:02

RollingFreak
I have a feeling we're gonna be sorely disappointed.

it's okay....we've had decades of practice

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 17, 2013 02:20

I think I'm the only one here who couldn't give two shits about MT.

Date: April 17, 2013 02:23

Sixsixseveneight
I think I'm the only one here who couldn't give two shits about MT.

i could conduct a quick poll, if you'd like. i'm good at this stuff...

ok...EVERYBODY ATTENTION!

Please reply here with the EXACT number of shits you give about MT....answers must be in the form of a WHOLE number...no halvies shit....

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 17, 2013 02:28

I couldnt give 1/8 of shit

Date: April 17, 2013 02:30

Max'sKansasCity

we're looking for the shits you COULD give...is it fair to infer that you COULD give 7/8 of one?

Date: April 17, 2013 02:37

GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity

we're looking for the shits you COULD give...is it fair to infer that you COULD give 7/8 of one?

I am not sure that I understood the question. What is the question again?

Date: April 17, 2013 02:38

I thought you were supposed to be good at this?

Could you repeat the question, what was the question?

Date: April 17, 2013 03:00

it's about giving shits....i don't think the act of giving comes naturally to you, so we're going to move on...

Posted by: steini ()
Date: April 17, 2013 03:01

Why this madness now about Taylor, he´s been playing most of the time for recent years. He is not starting in the band again. I would point out that Ronnie has never imo been better than his playing last year and he´s the best guitar player dead or alive for the Stones. Enjoy

Date: April 17, 2013 03:04

GRNRBITW
it's about giving shits....i don't think the act of giving comes naturally to you, so we're going to move on...
so the question is going to be about taking a....

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 17, 2013 03:04

steini
Why this madness now about Taylor, he´s been playing most of the time for recent years. He is not starting in the band again. I would point out that Ronnie has never imo been better than his playing last year and he´s the best guitar player dead or alive for the Stones. Enjoy

Its easy. Stones fans are really really tired of the 'formula'...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 17, 2013 03:23

Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW

Before we determine what the question is going to be about, it might be helpful to put the term in its historical context:

Upon first glance, the phrases themselves seem vulgar and obscene. Wikipedia notes the word "shit" as being of Old Norse origin and denoting feces. Today, feces is often regarded as very disgusting and unpleasant, and so "giving a shit" would mean one would give the lowest amount of attention or concern about, considering again the value of shit.

However, if we reverse the clock a few hundred years to the 12th century, we find that the word "shit" had a somewhat similar meaning to today's use of the term.

Just as the Romans had used human urine to wash clothes (due to its acidity of course), early Scandinavians had used shit (skita) to make various things, including but not limited to:

- Thick paints
- Make-up
- Pottery
- Jewelry
- Medicine
- Small children

A Biblical phrase from the Book of Job when Job wouldn't stop crying.

The value of shit is estimated to have been greater than the value of gold, and therefore shit made a great yet expensive gift. For Yule, shit sales could be found at every Viking market; it wasn't uncommon, however, for people to make their own shit.

Date: April 17, 2013 03:26

stonehearted
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW

Before we determine what the question is going to be about, it might be helpful to put the term in its historical context:

Upon first glance, the phrases themselves seem vulgar and obscene. Wikipedia notes the word "shit" as being of Old Norse origin and denoting feces. Today, feces is often regarded as very disgusting and unpleasant, and so "giving a shit" would mean one would give the lowest amount of attention or concern about, considering again the value of shit.

However, if we reverse the clock a few hundred years to the 12th century, we find that the word "shit" had a somewhat similar meaning to today's use of the term.

Just as the Romans had used human urine to wash clothes (due to its acidity of course), early Scandinavians had used shit (skita) to make various things, including but not limited to:

- Thick paints
- Make-up
- Pottery
- Jewelry
- Medicine
- Small children

A Biblical phrase from the Book of Job when Job wouldn't stop crying.

The value of shit is estimated to have been greater than the value of gold, and therefore shit made a great yet expensive gift. For Yule, shit sales could be found at every Viking market; it wasn't uncommon, however, for people to make their own shit.

Interesting...so this place is a fricken GOLDMINE!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 17, 2013 03:29

they once dragged bobby keys around on the road just to play sax on brown sugar every night

Posted by: steini ()
Date: April 17, 2013 03:37

Munichhilton wrote
"Its easy. Stones fans are really really tired of the 'formula'..."

What do you mean by the formula? Are you talking about Ronnie´s playing or the show structure(that they havn´t mixed up enough imo) Or formula like Taylor plays?
Remember on the 1969 tour or 1972 each show was got almost the same setlist! "i think i lost button on my trousers.."

Date: April 17, 2013 03:55

steini
Munichhilton wrote
"Its easy. Stones fans are really really tired of the 'formula'..."

What do you mean by the formula? Are you talking about Ronnie´s playing or the show structure(that they havn´t mixed up enough imo) Or formula like Taylor plays?
Remember on the 1969 tour or 1972 each show was got almost the same setlist! "i think i lost button on my trousers.."

You got it brother...Its the safe and sane Stones..no risk no reward but plenty of payoff

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home