Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Russian Federation CDs
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 15, 2013 16:49

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can help enlighten me about the CDs one finds for sale on Ebay that come from the Russian Federation. I assume that they are bootlegs is that correct? Specifically the various Greatest Hits packages of any band that simply are not available here stateside - like an AC/DC one, or Metallica, Eagles, Matisyahu.

Does anyone happen to know anything about these cds?

thanks,
VL13

Re: OT: Russian Federation CDs
Date: April 16, 2013 15:31

Does no one have any experience with these? Are they in fact bootlegs? Are they just CDR's? Any insight would be helpful.

thanks!

Date: April 16, 2013 15:41

i have some stones stuff with bonus tracks from russia and that are not cd'rs

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 16, 2013 21:43

dont buy!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 16, 2013 21:45

In Soviet Russia, CDs buy YOU!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-16 21:45 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 16, 2013 23:23

In Russia there is no copyright law enforcement which means practically anyone can press anything almost legally hence so many pirate CDs from there. None of them is legal and none of them have any collector value.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 16, 2013 23:51

Have plenty of CD's from Russia from a couple of trips there 8-10 years ago. Many of the Stones CD's I have from there have 2 albums on 1 CD. They sound perfect.

Many of the Russian version Greatest Hit CDs from most of the bands are very good and contain nearly everything you would want - not like some of the incomplete versions put out by the record labels.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 17, 2013 01:08

Now I'm not going to slam Russian CD's or vinyl here, but I'm just wondering why you'd bother with Russian versions if they've been made in someone's basement when you can make your own in your own basement for less?

Buying CD's, especially on Amazon.co.uk is pretty damn cheap nowadays...play it safe and go for the official release.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 17, 2013 01:12

.....what if ya don't have a basement?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: April 17, 2013 01:21

I use to buy regularly CD's from Russia. Mainly in mini lp format. Are let's say like japaneses replicas but cheapers than the japaneses editions. The quality in sound and presentations is excelent.

Bye
Fernando

Date: April 17, 2013 03:38

Rockman

Everyone has a basement....where else would Johnny mix up the medicine?

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: April 17, 2013 04:21

treaclefingers
Now I'm not going to slam Russian CD's or vinyl here, but I'm just wondering why you'd bother with Russian versions if they've been made in someone's basement when you can make your own in your own basement for less?

Buying CD's, especially on Amazon.co.uk is pretty damn cheap nowadays...play it safe and go for the official release.

Hey now. I have gotten a number of Russian CDs that are not available from Amazon or any other major retail store. Some of these CDs have been MP3s with entire collections of boots on a couple (or even one!) CD. These Russian CDs have enabled me to get a ton of rare music, including outtakes & live concerts, from bands like The Who, the Beatles, The Pink Floyd, etc. without having to spend a ton of cash.

I say give 'em a go.

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: April 17, 2013 04:33

Got a Russian Fed mini LP of Through The Past, Darkly w/hexagon cover. Sounds excellent.

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Date: April 17, 2013 04:55

MILKYWAY
treaclefingers

Hey now. I have gotten a number of Russian CDs that are not available from Amazon or any other major retail store. Some of these CDs have been MP3s with entire collections of boots on a couple (or even one!) CD. These Russian CDs have enabled me to get a ton of rare music, including outtakes & live concerts, from bands like The Who, the Beatles, The Pink Floyd, etc. without having to spend a ton of cash.

I say give 'em a go.

well if you're paying for bootlegs, that's your bag man.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 17, 2013 06:24

uhbuhgullayew
Have plenty of CD's from Russia from a couple of trips there 8-10 years ago. Many of the Stones CD's I have from there have 2 albums on 1 CD. They sound perfect.

Many of the Russian version Greatest Hit CDs from most of the bands are very good and contain nearly everything you would want - not like some of the incomplete versions put out by the record labels.

I have a few Russian CDs like that, I've never been there, I bought them secondhand at a record store on the cheap. Somebody had sold off a Devo collection of 2 albums per CD up there just as I was starting mine. So I had these weird CDs that had like "Q: Are We Not Men?" and "Devo Live", and "Duty Now For The Future" with "New Traditionalists", etc. They all sounded great, had a lot of good bonus tracks on them. Not really anything rare, just whatever singles or non-album hits were recorded around the time.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 17, 2013 06:25

Any good record shops in Saint Petersburg????????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 17, 2013 10:16

MILKYWAY
treaclefingers

I say give 'em a go.

nowadays you can use torrents for bootlegs and spend no cash at all!

why pay Russian mafia?

Date: April 18, 2013 16:03

treaclefingers

Well, the main reason is that I don't have all of the software for making my own CDs up, complete with booklets and images on the discs, and some of them look really good. Do I need them? No, probably not, but as some others have pointed out, they tend to include all singles whereas most domestic (US) releases seem to leave out a couple of tracks....Was looking primarily at the Matisyahu one, and maybe one or two others.

Thanks everyone!

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 18, 2013 16:42

I love the 30 Russians Collection, the remaster, the outtakes, b-sides, the booklet, the poster and the lyrics each one includes!

no other bootleger invest all the time these have, for me the best rolling stones bootlegs!

Gregorian Sergey sent me the first 18cds, then i bought 6 in Toronto and the other 6 a friend sent me from Argentina.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:11

Rockman
i will be in my basement room with my needle and my spoon

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: April 19, 2013 09:07

Rockman

then yours stones are in the attic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home