Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Time Waits For None in setilist
Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: April 13, 2013 04:20

Heck, it's been played live before... here is MT playing it in the mid 1980's Live... except for the vocals I LIKE MT's approach to the song... with a bit of practice they could pull it off IMHO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-13 04:23 by gripweed.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 13, 2013 16:56

Rocks Off is one of the best studio cuts the Stones have ever done - live I have NEVER heard a version that comes close to the studio version. I'm always disappointed with that one live even back in the 70's it just never sounds right to me.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 13, 2013 20:10

Bob C.
Listened to Time... Today. It would be great, mick on acoustic, maybe another acoustic or two weaving electrics. Mick T. Would be great. I think the challenge is in the singing. I am no judge, but that seem like a tough song to sing. The recorded version is a real testament to MJ outstanding and,I think, singing abilities. Try it guys.

If Mick gave it a soulful, yearning treatment, like on this 2001 version Mick T did with Dutch singer Erwin Nijhoff, then the acoustic guitars could create an inventive arrangement, to spare them the trouble of recreating exactly the original studio version.

Date: April 14, 2013 23:16

yes please

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 15, 2013 02:37

pinkfloydthebarber
yes please

+1

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 15, 2013 04:32

Can the op fix the subject line already?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 15, 2013 09:30

Yeah that would be nice...

As for having it in the setlist, yeah, I've posted about that before, that would be pretty emotional and with Taylor on board from the get go a once in a lifetime opportunity. The chorus should be ok to sing, not sure about the verses though, might fall a bit flat live like ASMB or LIS...

Re: Time Waits For No Setlist
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 15, 2013 09:52

a very heartfelt minus 1

Date: April 15, 2013 09:53

The song is very easy to play (and sing). I don't think that would be the problem.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 15, 2013 12:22

The problem is it's a bad song that reeks of 70's prog rock. It's really a song that wouldn't work live (imo).

Date: April 15, 2013 12:54

dcba
The problem is it's a bad song that reeks of 70's prog rock. It's really a song that wouldn't work live (imo).

The verses and the chorus aren't bad, imo. However, shortening down the solo-themes here would probably raise an uproar among the fans, if Taylor plays this grinning smiley

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: April 15, 2013 13:13

Check the latest setlist of the German tribute band Tumbling Dice, incl. SBD and TWFNO:
[www.tumbling-dice.de]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home