Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Chuck Leavell interview - Relix, April 10
Date: April 11, 2013 16:44

Charlie in jeans, perhaps?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 11, 2013 17:31

DandelionPowderman

Hey you're right!!!

Someone must have photoshopped Charlie's head on that body.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-11 17:31 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 11, 2013 17:41

GravityBoy
DandelionPowderman

Hey you're right!!!

Someone must have photoshopped Charlie's head on that body.

No no no. I think its the bottle of water that doesn't look right...seems its an off brand..yeah. I think thats it. NOTHING gets past me.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 11, 2013 18:50

dcba
"My role as musical director"

Musical butler Chuck, musical BUTLER! You make sure life is easy for the four Royals in the band so you're a butler. You don't direct anything.
Rubbish and unfair...When you work for people of this stature one of your jobs is to take on whatever important things overlooked, they are very, very busy and stressed. I can tell you first hand when Mick or Keith ask you to do something professionally that seems a bit off your first thought is something like, "these guys recorded "Let It Bleed" and you respond "yes sir" and do everything you can to make the idea succeed, you want them to be right and perhaps incite a creative idea.. If you work in music and don't respect people like this, you are there for the wrong reason. I'd bathe and dress Mick Taylor to be a part of this tour and be proud when his hair shone in the opening notes of "Sway".

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 11, 2013 19:12

DoomandGloom
dcba
"My role as musical director"

Musical butler Chuck, musical BUTLER! You make sure life is easy for the four Royals in the band so you're a butler. You don't direct anything.
Rubbish and unfair...When you work for people of this stature one of your jobs is to take on whatever important things overlooked, they are very, very busy and stressed. I can tell you first hand when Mick or Keith ask you to do something professionally that seems a bit off your first thought is something like, "these guys recorded "Let It Bleed" and you respond "yes sir" and do everything you can to make the idea succeed, you want them to be right and perhaps incite a creative idea.. If you work in music and don't respect people like this, you are there for the wrong reason. I'd bathe and dress Mick Taylor to be a part of this tour and be proud when his hair shone in the opening notes of "Sway".

D&G -> Sometime I'm going to get you to tell me who you are & what you've done just so I'll know who I'm chatting with... Until then, I'll KNOW that you are in the industry simply based on your above post (not that I doubted it before that). OUTSTANDING!!!
Also, as another long timer in the industry (though not with a resume that would rival yours), if you do happen to get the gig as Mick Taylor's Cleanliness Coordinator, I'd like to submit my resume for consideration if you feel you might need an assistant! Who am I kidding? I don’t care how far down the totem pole I am, I’d happily be buried under the totem pole if it would give me the opportunity to work on a Stones tour!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 11, 2013 23:35

Come On
I began to take notes

Big mistake for a rock'n'roller...can you see Keith or Thunders taking notes?

True. Keith has said that the reason 19th Nervous Breakdown has so many riffs is because of the many riffs he was stockpiling at the time, so he used them in that song because he didn't want to forget them--because he didn't write them down.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: April 17, 2013 19:16

Chuck Leavell will never play on a real piano like Stue ou Nicky Hopkins. Playing on keyboards, he can replace guitars playing the riff, while Keith is not playing and Ronnie raise arms to salute the crowd (2200 times per show).

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home