Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Some Stones vinyls - valuable or not ?
Posted by: RMH ()
Date: April 9, 2013 15:00

Hi!
I´ve inherited a collection of vinyls, and amongst them I´ve found 10 Stones vinyls. I´m curious to know if anyone could tell if any of them are valuable, meaning if I sell them, what could I expect to get for them?
All vinyls looks to be in very good condition, NM to VG+, and covers VG+ to NM.

-No.2 Mono LK 4661. (XARL 6619-2A)(XARL 6620-2A). Biem, NCM – MCPS. Red label. Decca 1964. Made in England. Apparantly this was the first boxed Decca label on Mono? Laminated front (Clarifoil).
Printed in England by MacNeill Press, London, S.E.i.
It also has the original "The Blind Man" text on the back cover!

- Around and Around Mono SLK 16 315-P. (LPD-010836-1 X) (LPD-010837-X) + (S-II-H F). Gema – M-D 010836. Red label. Manufactured in Germany. 1970 (?) Telefunken - Decca

- Rock´n´ Rolling Stones Stereo SKL 5149. (EAL-11691.P-1L)(EAL-11692.P-1L). Britico, NCB – Gema. Decca 1972?. Made in England. Laminated front (Clarifoil).

- `Get yer ya-ya´s out – The Rolling Stones in concert. Stereo SKL 5065. (XZAL-10076P-3W)(XZAL-10077P-3W). Also appears a "B" that looks like handwriting etched into the matrix just after the numbers on side 2..(Had written in my notes that also an "S" appearing further out after the "B", but can´t see it now, so either my eyes played a trick on me when I first looked at it, or it´s tricking me now..) Blue inboxed Decca label. BIEM, NCB – GEMA. Decca 1970. Made in England. Laminated front & back (Clarifoil).
Sleeve printed in England by Clout & Baker Ltd.

- Through the past, darkly – Big Hits Vol. 2. Stereo SKL 5019 (XZAL 9067.P-4W)( XZAL 9068.P-3W). Blue inboxed Decca label. BIEM, NCB – GEMA. Decca 1969. Laminated front & back (Clarifoil).

- Gimme Shelter – including 6 live tracks never before released in the U.K. Stereo SKL 5101. (XZAL 10820.P-2W)(XZAL 10821.P-2W). Decca 1971. Laminated front (Clarifoil).

- Rolled Gold – The very best of the Rolling Stones. Decca Rost ½. (Z-ARL- 14077.P-1W) (Z-ARL- 14078.P-1W). Britico, Gema – N.C.B. Double flip album. Decca 1975.

- Made in the Shade. COC 79102 0698. (ST-RS 753391-B ) (ST-RS 753392-B ). Rolling Stones Records – Atlantic recording. 1974 Promotone B.V. 1975.

- Beggars Banquet. Stereo SKL 4955. (XZAL- 8476-3K) (XZAL-8477-1K) followed by a funny looking "X" below. Flip album. Decca 1968. Motherstamps: 2 - CC on both sides.The label has the correction of crediting Rev. Robert Wilkins for the song "Prodigal Son", but the back cover has the original error of crediting as it says: "Written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richard", and "All Selections Gideon Music-B.M.I.". This was wrong as Jagger/ Richards were not the composers of "Prodigal Son". Apparently the cover was changed and corrected for the error far sooner than the label, (the corrected back cover does not have the lines: "Written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richard", and "All Selections Gideon Music-B.M.I." ). So can anyone tell me why I have the corrected label but not the corrected cover?

- Out of our heads Stereo SKL 4733. (ZAL-6973-1W) (ZAL-6974-1W). Motherstamps s 1: 1 + BH, side 2: 1 + UB. BIEM, NCB – M.C.P.S. Blue inboxed Decca label. ffss Full frequency stereophonic sound. Decca 1965. Made in England. This is with the green tinted front cover, and not the regular b&w, which apparently was an error and quickly withdrawn because of the wrong colour.. Can anyone verify this? It has also the misspelling on the back -"965" instead of "1965".

(due to lighting conditions it looks slightly more green than it really is..)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 13:47 by RMH.

GaaH!
Date: April 9, 2013 15:04

AAA! Why aren´t any of my insertet photos showing???

Re: Some Stones vinyls - valuable or not ?
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 15:07

If you loaded the photos into a service such as PhotoBucket , posted them on IORR and then deleted them from PhotoBucket the photos disappear from here also .

Just a guess confused smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 9, 2013 15:07

go to popspike and search for the albums to check what they've fetched at ebay in the past. But take them prices with a grain of salt, as some records reach a way too high price if two desperate buyers have been bidding against eachother

Date: April 9, 2013 15:10

boston2006
If you loaded the photos into a service such as PhotoBucket , posted them on IORR and then deleted them from PhotoBucket the photos disappear from here also .

Just a guess confused smiley
No, I have them on Flickr, each have a URL-link so that´s what I put in the Insert Image URL.. Shouldn´t that work?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 9, 2013 16:10

From the list I'd say Beggar's may have a bit of monetary value....possibly Rolling Stones 2. By no means 'priceless'.

They'll have a ton of value mind you, if you're actually a Rolling Stones fan.

Date: April 9, 2013 16:54

Success! Now with photos! Photobucket worked! >grinning smiley<

Date: April 9, 2013 17:01

treaclefingers
From the list I'd say Beggar's may have a bit of monetary value....possibly Rolling Stones 2. By no means 'priceless'.

Ok, thanks. But now when you can see the photos (finally made it work), are you more sure? Can you tell why they perhaps are of a bit more value? And if put to money, how much give or take?

Reason I ask is because someone ( a few actually) want´s to come and have a look and perhaps buy them, but I don´t wan´t to sell them too cheap (IF I sell them).
But it would be nice to know just about a value on them, as I have no clue..

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:20

Look at it this way , you inherited them and unless you're a vinyl fan or a fan of the Stones they really have no value to you .
Yes of course you'd like to get as much as possible but I see this way too often where someone feels that something is worth $ 10.00 so they refuse to let it go for $5.00 .

Better to have $ 5.00 than something taking up space you really don't want .

That's my philosophy on that subject .

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:38

I'm afraid the value is not so great, because you do not have the first pressings.I checked my Rolling Stones no. 2 and Around and Around (they are first pressings)
and they look different. I did not check the others, but I'm sure Through the past is not a first pressing (it does not have the octagonal cover). There is an enormous price difference between first pressings and later. A first pressing of No.2, for instance, is worth around £ 200, but later pressings not more than £ 20.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:57

.....Boxed DECCA...not a great value...

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:59

Have a look HERE for info on pressings.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 10, 2013 04:07

RMH
treaclefingers

Ok, thanks. But now when you can see the photos (finally made it work), are you more sure? Can you tell why they perhaps are of a bit more value? And if put to money, how much give or take?

Reason I ask is because someone ( a few actually) want´s to come and have a look and perhaps buy them, but I don´t wan´t to sell them too cheap (IF I sell them).
But it would be nice to know just about a value on them, as I have no clue..

Well they look nice, and in great condition obviously.

I think a few others have make their observations on this and I'd concur. The boxed DECCA's generally are not that desirable from a collector's standpoint. Some notable exceptions include Let It Bleed Boxed MONO (which isn't among your records), and possibly No. 2, boxed Mono (I'd just check on that one again...not positive on that).

Date: April 10, 2013 12:52

Thank you all for taking time to reply here smiling smiley Really appreciate it!

I checked your link @Deltics, I´ve had a look at it before but not so thoroughly.
It´s a great site.

So I checked the No.2 album there now and found out that my record does have "The Blind Man" text. Mine also has the "Printed in England by MacNeill Press, London, S.E.i. and with the non flip back cover.
I also checked for the Motherstamps, and they are on side 1: 3D (or 3B - hard to tell) and BBK (or could be 3BK..) Side 2: 1 and AM.

Does this info make any difference regarding value?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 13:44 by RMH.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home