Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A Shot Of Salvation
Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: February 13, 2005 10:35

This is another really interesting bootleg CD which is really great in places. It concentates on the Taylor era Stones and there is some nice variety in the mixture of studio outakes/alternative versions, television performances and live performances.
There's that performance of Brown Sugar with Eric Clapton which was almost released in favour of the single version ( i believe) which i'm glad it wasn't.I don't think any performance beats the single version.
There are some good performances from the 69 tour of Love In Vain, Street Fighting Man and Gimmie Shelter but they really sound rather tentative when compared to the 72/73 versions as if the Stones are just feeling their way - they are good all the same.
My favourite has to be also from the 69 tour - acoustic versions of Prodigal Son and You Gotta Move - it's nice to hear some less frequently played songs.
Some songs from the 73 european tour are really great also and are also included.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2218
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home