Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ian McLagan's Bump Band
Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: February 12, 2005 15:25

I saw Ian McLagan's Bump Band perform two sets at Tangier in Los Angeles last night, and had a great time. Besides the Bump Band's stuff, the sets included Faces, Small Faces and even solo Ron Wood material ("Mystifies Me" from the first solo record). The band is great and Mac is a terrific entertainer. After the show, he signed things for fans and could not have been more friendly.

The Bump Band is playing the Mint in L.A. on Saturday, Feb. 12, and then heads to San Diego, Phoenix and Texas over the next week. Don't miss 'em.

Re: Ian McLagan's Bump Band
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 12, 2005 18:01

yep - saw him in the SF the nite prior. great guy - and the Bump Sec (hello Lynne!) is ultra-cool!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 13, 2005 02:19

Does he play in Europe?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: February 13, 2005 06:30

I couldn't find any scheduled dates on his website, but I did find some contact information specifically addressing any tour plans in the UK (see below). Mac appears to be based in Texas these days. Good luck!

. . . and for all enquiries about Ian McLagan & the BUMP BAND's plans in the UK call:
Nigel Morton at MONEYPENNY
Phone: +44(0)1377 217815 / 217662
Fax: +44(0)1377 217754
Email: nigel@adastey.demon.co.uk

Posted by: john r ()
Date: February 13, 2005 23:57

Ian's new online only live album is cheap & well worth the 13 dollars (including postage)I paid, autographed too. Mark Andes (of Spirit - great 60s band it was, too) on bass this time.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: February 15, 2005 01:49

I'm seeing him tonight...any word on if the music is any good?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 15, 2005 01:52

you'll not be disappointed. Expect spot-on performances of Faces' Too Rude, Cindy Incidentally and Glad and Sorry in addition to a cool, reggae-tinged version of Woody's Mystifies Me. Also a coupla Little Walter covers should be offered. Great band, IMO - saw them last Thur in SF. Be sure to do the meet/greet with Mac and his cool secretary, Lynne. Say Hi from Tod in SF.....

Date: February 15, 2005 02:01

SDStonesguy, I wish I could join you! Best spot will be to the left of the stage, but even then, Mac may be hard to see behind his piano and organ. If you already own the Faces box, bring it along and he'll probably sign it for you. You'll have a great time. The band is great.

Date: February 15, 2005 02:24

he'll sign anything - he signed a setlist I grabbed from the stage and the Blind Date Revisited artwork I brought along. He's incredibly approachable.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 15, 2005 20:32

Didn't Mac record Mystifies Me on the Troublemaker album/tape/CD ?

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: February 15, 2005 21:12

Yeah, I was right up front...feet on the stage kinda close. The stage was only about 9" high...the club held maybe 60 people. Very sharp show...enjoyed very much.

Date: February 15, 2005 23:00

Elmo: that is correct - Li'l Troublemaker was recorded as a sort of followup to the New Barbs tour - and features most of the Barbs and does have a nice version of one of the concert staples, Mystifies Me. LT is still unavailable on CD - Mac is working on that....

Posted by: Rags ()
Date: February 16, 2005 09:23

> yep - saw him in the SF the nite prior. great guy - and the Bump Sec (hello Lynne!) is ultra-cool!

You too! :-) Great to meet you. It's wonderful to see the crowd digging Mac's music. Everyone was 'Bumping' to the sounds and singing along. I was so proud of my boys up there. I had to head home and back to work after the LA gigs. I'd love to hear more reviews from the tour and the gigs I've missed like San Diego, etc.

To answer some of the previous questions aboveā€¦

Mac & the Bumps are hoping to tour the UK this Spring. I'll keep everyone posted on the site.

Mac is also planning to re-release 'Troublemaker' on CD with a new title, 'Here Comes Trouble,' and extra bonus tracks.

Lynne
Bump Sec

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2218
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home