Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

no stones-news are good stones-news. lookt at me
Posted by: tattoome ()
Date: February 11, 2005 15:33

at the moment you are hearing nothing about the 4 rolling stones. it will point
it, that they are togehter to working... on a cd ..on a tour.

did you remember february - march 1997? you did hear nothing about the stones
and in the beginning of april, you did hear about the new album and new tour.

surprise surprise
tattoome

Re: no stones-news are good stones-news. lookt at me
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: February 11, 2005 16:11

Art Wood, the brother of Ronnie said that Ronnie will be in the studio with the Stones in June. And I don't think that the others in the studio right now, we would've heard something, don't you think?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 11, 2005 17:50

they may have been recording by spring '97, but the tour wasnt announced until 18th August

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 12, 2005 02:15

I'm sorry, but Keith is busy on the Pirate movie this month, with Johnny Depp. So he isn't in the Studio either.

Posted by: Ian Billen ()
Date: February 12, 2005 09:02

I am sincerely hoping they are recording now. This June stuff with Ronnie seems waaaaaay too late for The Stones to pull off an album, + tour rehearsals this year let alone this fall. The album would not be out until November at that rate.

It is just my opinion but I sincerely think they have more worked up on this thing than they are letting on. That is if they plan on touring in 2005 with an album. I am sure next time they tour we WILL DEFINATELY get an album but when are they going to get to steady work on the damn thing is the question? Maybe they have alot done on it already. This is what I think.

Ian

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: February 13, 2005 04:59

The Stones were still mixing and adding overdubs for Tattoo You 2 weeks before the release date. They got it done and still started the tour On August 31 at RFK Stadium, if memory serves me correct. Deadlines can work wonders.

Same with Steel Wheels. To pull of a tour they had 5 weeks to make an album from top to bottom........they got it done

Milo, NYC

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: February 13, 2005 06:12

Maybe Keith is rehearsing his lines for Capt Jack Sparrow's dad. The movie should be in production this year as well.

Date: February 13, 2005 08:04

Milo Yammbag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Stones were still mixing and adding overdubs
> for Tattoo You 2 weeks before the release date.
> They got it done and still started the tour On
> August 31 at RFK Stadium, if memory serves me
> correct. Deadlines can work wonders.
>
> Same with Steel Wheels. To pull of a tour they
> had 5 weeks to make an album from top to
> bottom........they got it done
>
> Milo, NYC

Steel Wheels was recorded and mixed in six weeks but The writing was done months before aroung January, Febuary, and into March. Then they spent five weeks or so recording it shortly after that. Secondly, Steel Wheels wasn't a great album. It was a decent album that showed promise.

Tattoo You is a great album but....
Are you sure they were actually mixing two weeks before Tattoo You's release? Don't you think that is a little close? Remember, after the over-dubs and track mixing comes mastering the album. Not to mention Album Art-Work, which usually happens while the mastering is being done and pressing the media which will have to be distributed. Most of Tattoo You was largely in tact except for a few brand new songs but still. The rest of the tracks needed sorting through and doing some over dubs with a fresh mix and a good master job. So that does not really count as a full blown studio recorded album in that time frame. Tatoo You was not a typical start to finish album at all. Some of those recordings were dated back to Goats Head Soup unbelievably.

Also, We want a hard worked quality effort this time. Not some throw together.
Don't you agree?

Ian

Date: February 13, 2005 18:19

Milo Yammbag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Stones were still mixing and adding overdubs
> for Tattoo You 2 weeks before the release date.
> They got it done and still started the tour On
> August 31 at RFK Stadium, if memory serves me
> correct.

not correct. The final mixing for Tattoo You was completed in June 1981. By the end of June they were filming the promo videos, using the officially released versions as playbacks. the album came out at the end of August. There was very little work needed to be done to Tattoo You in that final session (April-June) anyway as the songs had been recorded months and years before. Some overdubbing and then the mixing, basically.

>
> Same with Steel Wheels. To pull of a tour they
> had 5 weeks to make an album from top to
> bottom........they got it done

not true. They may have recorded most of the songs in Montserrat in that time frame (March-April) but they were still working on overdubs and mixing the end of June. "Continental Drift" wasnt actually recorded until they went to Morocco in mid-June. Additionally, for the first time, Mick & Keith did considerable pre production, meeting in Barbados for a couple of weeks in early 1989 to write together and work on some demos (basically a bit like what they were doing in Paris last November)

From "top to bottom", making that album took almost five months.

Date: February 13, 2005 22:43

Mr. Gazza,

Thank-you for clearing this up. You are right about Continental Drift. They recorded it with the Master Musicians Of Joujouka. Brian Jones old gig.

Ian

Date: February 14, 2005 00:00

Ian

I was in Tangier three years ago and we had a great guided tour of the city, especially the Kasbah.

When I got home I watched the Stones "Rhythms of the World" BBC documentary and when looking at my photos realised that one of them was (unknown to me at the time) taken right outside the very place where they recorded that song, 13 years almost to the day before.

Continental Drift has, ever since I heard it, been in my top 5 or 6 Stones songs of all time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1191
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home