Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Watts Interview
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 5, 2013 00:52

treaclefingers
stonehearted
It's a myth-busting interview for 2 reasons:

Mick [Jagger] is the show, really. We back him.

A ha! Charlie is Mick's drummer after all--he must have hit Mick that time in Amsterdam for waking him up at 5 a.m.

Who's the driving force in putting the band back on the road?

Well, you wouldn't do it if Mick didn't want to do it. You've got to have Mick and Keith, but the driving force is Mick. If he's enthusiastic, he'll push everyone along. Keith's much more laidback about it.

So much for Keith's self-portrait as the "benevolent tyrant" and his claim all through the 90s that it is his persistence that whips the band into shape and keeps them going out on the road.

But, frankly, I don't understand all the "Charlie is the coolest man in rock n roll" comments. He doesn't like rock n roll, he doesn't listen to The Stones' music all that much, he doesn't want to play long tours, he doesn't even want to play Glastonbury, and if The Stones folded up and retired tomorrow it wouldn't bother him a bit--is his obvious indifference supposed to be mistaken for cool?

Granted, he is without the typical rock star pretense, but he is "the most indifferent man in rock n roll" sounds a bit more like it. "Indifferentest guy on the planet", yeah, that's it! "Most indifferent man in the Rolling Stones". "Indifferent as fVck"!

Agreed....indifference is so cool, and I don't care what you think or say.

Cool!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2013 00:55

Class act, says it like it is, zero ego too, wow...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 5, 2013 02:26

And HERE you have it...the REAL Charlie.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 5, 2013 02:30

stonesrule
And HERE you have it...the REAL Charlie.

Well, there is only one Charlie, after all.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 5, 2013 03:15

To think that since 1974 Charlie has been quietly thinking to himself that this band isn't as good as it once was.

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: April 5, 2013 12:29

treaclefingers
stonehearted
It's a myth-busting interview for 2 reasons:

Mick [Jagger] is the show, really. We back him.

A ha! Charlie is Mick's drummer after all--he must have hit Mick that time in Amsterdam for waking him up at 5 a.m.

Who's the driving force in putting the band back on the road?

Well, you wouldn't do it if Mick didn't want to do it. You've got to have Mick and Keith, but the driving force is Mick. If he's enthusiastic, he'll push everyone along. Keith's much more laidback about it.

So much for Keith's self-portrait as the "benevolent tyrant" and his claim all through the 90s that it is his persistence that whips the band into shape and keeps them going out on the road.

But, frankly, I don't understand all the "Charlie is the coolest man in rock n roll" comments. He doesn't like rock n roll, he doesn't listen to The Stones' music all that much, he doesn't want to play long tours, he doesn't even want to play Glastonbury, and if The Stones folded up and retired tomorrow it wouldn't bother him a bit--is his obvious indifference supposed to be mistaken for cool?

Granted, he is without the typical rock star pretense, but he is "the most indifferent man in rock n roll" sounds a bit more like it. "Indifferentest guy on the planet", yeah, that's it! "Most indifferent man in the Rolling Stones". "Indifferent as fVck"!

Agreed....indifference is so cool, and I don't care what you think or say.

Charlie for shure wouldn't be the driving force. I'm getting a little tired of his understatement regarding the Stones. For years he is repeating now that he doesn't listen to the music and and as matter of fact doesn't really like what theay are doing. Its a littlebit slapping our fans faces isn't it?

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 5, 2013 12:38

Well, after all is very common for musicians not to listen a lot to their own music.

Posted by: Mimi73 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:59

GravityBoy
GravityBoy
He smiled at me later.

I should add... in a Charlie way if you know what I mean.

how great! This small venue is so unique,
so intimate and full of atmosphere ...
I was there a few days later to see John Taylor...
a small consolation prize, because I didnt get
tickets for Charlysad smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 6, 2013 00:20

Great interview.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 6, 2013 00:39

Charlie, a class act all the way -- here's to you great drummer!smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1543
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home